2023-24 Portal Options | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Does anyone know if we are done in the portal?

Heard rumblings about a Judah replacement if he doesn’t come.

Now hear that we have reached out to Ernest Udeh.

Does anyone know if we are done in the portal?

Heard rumblings about a Judah replacement if he doesn’t come.

Now hear that we have reached out to Ernest Udeh.
Did the staff reach out to Udeh as a hedge before McLeod committed though? It doesn’t make sense to take another center. I think the tweet was just delayed a few days.

Did the staff reach out to Udeh as a hedge before McLeod committed though? It doesn’t make sense to take another center. I think the tweet was just delayed a few days.
Udeh seems likely to go to Duke so we probably got in too late / tweet was delayed

This article says the roster is complete, save for Judah's decision: Adrian Autry's 2023-24 Roster Building is Complete

Does that mean the staff's not looking for another guard if Judah stays in the draft, or was this article premature?
If Judah stays in the draft, look for Cuse to pick up a portal PG. some uncommitted players from NY/NJ to monitor include Noah Farrakhan and Femi Odukale.

Another player I really like is grad transfer Trey Woodbury from Utah Valley
Not sure if it’s possible, but if Kadary is a grad transfer after the spring or summer semester, he could also be an option

Last edited:
If Judah stays in the draft, look for Cuse to pick up a portal PG. some uncommitted players from NY/NJ to monitor include Noah Farrakhan and Femi Odukale.

Not sure if it’s possible, but if Kadary is a grad transfer after the spring or summer semester, he could also be an option
Wouldn't be crazy to add a guard regardless of whatever Judah does.

That guy has all of 200 followers, so forgive me for being skeptical.

We're at 11 scholarships, 12 if you look ahead to Judah returning, or a replacement for him if he stays in the draft. There are worse ideas than bringing in Udeh to give McLeod a little bit of a push, but Udeh seems to want a starting role or at least a clearer path to starter's minutes than what we can provide with McLeod on the roster.

I'd rather see that final scholarship go to another shooter, preferably a tall-ish one in case Benny regresses.

I think it’s hilarious that Love decommitted from Michigan due to his credits not transferring from UNC.

Glad to see there are still some legitimate universities who won’t recognize credits from UNCs imaginary classes for athletes…

I think it’s hilarious that Love decommitted from Michigan due to his credits not transferring from UNC.

Glad to see there are still some legitimate universities who won’t recognize credits from UNCs imaginary classes for athletes…
LOL It's not really that. They would take the courses as electives. They just don't take them as your core courses. That was the problem here I believe.

I don’t think we will be a player for Ty-laur. He’s a freshman and our current guards are all first and second year players. I think we need a experience floor general to complement the younger players.
Totally agree. A grad transfer with 1 year left fits the bill perfectly. Can bring some maturity; and, doesn't hurt us with '24 pg recruits.