2023-24 Portal | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal

Originally from NJ, moved to Philly to finish his high school career. That scenario sounds great to me.
Copy that. NJ is even better. Really hope it's something HCFB is working on bc it would entice OG to stay at SU and OG just might entice McCord to want to come to SU.

He’s not a world beater by any means but he’s better than what we have by miles, and with our soft schedule next year we could 100% win 9/10 games with him out there for us.
Agreed. I do think we'd need some better WR talent as well to make it work...and it'll depend on if Fran and the OC want a QB who can run. I don't believe McCord is a runner

He’s not a world beater by any means but he’s better than what we have by miles, and with our soft schedule next year we could 100% win 9/10 games with him out there for us.
My thoughts exactly. And he's still a young player with room to improve - ust like the type of player HCFB said he would prefer to bring in thru the portal.

Guy lost one game and got ran out of town. I get it, it was Michigan but he had a solid season. First year as the starter, likely to continue improving. I understand he had the best WRs in the county, but he would be the best QB here in a long time.

I wasn't very impressed watching McCord lately...but if he comes here ill support 100%

He also might be better with a different offense. If we run more pro-style run heavy with play action behind it might suit his skill set better. But don't know what kind of offense we will run yet so that will be up in the air.

McCord is a Jr. He is what he is for the most part. He went to HS with Marvin Jr at St. Peter's Prep and then went to Ohio St together. He was more than serviceable with the best receiving core in the country, an all-league RB, and OL. I'd be a bit worried how he would do at a school where the offense revolved around him making plays.

Flemming has mostly been a bust. I believe he is a grad transfer. He was once a top 5 player in his HS class that has contributed very little at Ohio St. Not to say he wouldn't be more productive at a school where he is the top option, but he doesn't seem to project as one at this level.

This is what I find so bizarre about coaches leaving teams who are still coaching the team they’re are leaving.

If you’re DCER and you want this kid at Syracuse how do you handle it. If you’re TAMU how do you handle It.

Yeah - ERob said very explicitly, he won’t ask current/former players to come with him.

However - once they enter the portal, on their own….

Game on, right?

But then, is he still coaching them to play in aTm’s bowl game?

While also potentially crootin them away from aTm at the same time??!

Strange days, indeed.

Yeah - ERob said very explicitly, he won’t ask current/former players to come with him.

Game on, right?

Strange days, indeed.
Maybe if they are interested they have him speak with Coach Brown and Coach Williams? I dunno.

Game on, right?

Strange days, indeed.
game on, baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom