2023-24 Starters and Rotation | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Starters and Rotation

I would bet that it is Bell's job to lose right now. Him and Judah played a full year together, and they both showed drastic improvement at the end of the year. That being said, if he doesn't come out and prove he deserves it he won't be starting. To me the biggest wildcard is Taylor. He has a sweet stroke, deep range, but where Bell improved last year Taylor seemed to withdraw, almost being scared to take a shot. I don't know if he was in JB's doghouse-there was never really any indication of that and I don't remember anyone saying that was the case last season-but if he finds his aggressiveness he is going to surprise a lot of people. The other wildcard is Hima. He reminds me for some reason as an Otis Hill type. I think he can be good, and if his BB IQ his high enough he could make a case for major minutes.

A lot of relatively unproven high end talent. I just hope no one gets their feelings hurt and causes problems. The ceiling is quite high for this team.

I have zero idea how to rotation shakes out. I think it could it could end up going a bunch of ways. Mintz will play the most minutes by far though.
I equally have zero clues on how Red will use the 200 minutes per game. Honestly I lean more to waves of players coming in at the same time. I see the lineup being adjusted to what will work best against the opposition. The one constant will be Judah - he will get his minutes. Gut tells me 7 ft 4 in will be a factor also.

A lot of relatively unproven high end talent. I just hope no one gets their feelings hurt and causes problems. The ceiling is quite high for this team.

The portal helps this a lot though. If you end up being a smaller part of the team but still can showcase what you do then you work hard and keep fighting because you know if it's not your current team that is your best option you will have many options at the end of the year. There is no more of this feeling stuck that creates so much negative energy around the team these days.

It will be a very interesting lineup for Red to play with in his first year. Looks to be rolling out a smaller, faster, more athletic guard dominated lineup. I expect him to play more guys allowing the pace to be pushed. My guess:

Starters
PG: Mintz (28 min)
SG: JJ (26 min)
3G/SF: Westry (24 min)
F: Benny (24 min)
C: McLeod (18 min)

Bench:
G: Cuffe (13 min)
G/F: Copeland (17 min)
G/F: Taylor (8 min)
F: Bell (7 min)
F: Brown (20 min)
C: Hima (15 min)
Carey and Patterson sparingly

I think something like this would be great. It would keep everyone involved and ready to play if someone gets hurt.

Brown feels more suited for the 5 than Benny. Benny and Brown at 4/5 could be with any combo of JM JJ CW CB JT Cullife Quadir would be an absolutely explosive lineup that could eat in transition. Would also be very suited to run the press.

Brown at the center would be an interesting small ball lineup option that could run.
brown struggled mightily whenever he faced a defender bigger or longer than him...before he plays C, he will have to show he can handle PF...unless the opponent has a C that offers no offense

I am well aware of the history. Tell me I am wrong. If he had played for SU last year with the same injury and same stats do you think people would consider him someone who should start this year.
Again I truly expect Chance to be a contributor but I don’t want to see expectations get too high is all I mean. He is coming off a kost season basically.
yes...if you actually followed. the auburn fans expected him to be one and done based on his early play before the injury...

stats dont tell the story every time, this is a good example of that.

westry and/or starling might actually be better than Judah next season...everyone is taking for granted that Judah will clearly be the best guard next season but I dont think it is already decided.

brown struggled mightily whenever he faced a defender bigger or longer than him...before he plays C, he will have to show he can handle PF...unless the opponent has a C that offers no offense

You are judging him within the zone.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but it’s a new world order.

Of course if he’s playing a 6’11” guy with moves, sure.

But that’s not most teams.

You are judging him within the zone.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but it’s a new world order.

Of course if he’s playing a 6’11” guy with moves, sure.

But that’s not most teams.
im more talking about offense...he couldnt get a shot up in ACC when he had a good defender on him

Brown feels more suited for the 5 than Benny. Benny and Brown at 4/5 could be with any combo of JM JJ CW CB JT Cullife Quadir would be an absolutely explosive lineup that could eat in transition. Would also be very suited to run the press.
Yes but never forget that it's my dream for Benny to get minutes at the 5.

Seems as good a time as any to bump this to look back on a more innocent time ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom