2023 Horse Racing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Horse Racing

lots of quarter horse races out west.. no idea how to handicap them but i see them on TVG all the time.

yeah these aren't quarter horses though but they sprint them like that for the sales.

Forte failed a drug test at Toga? Pletcher appealed so it wouldn't be decided by Derby? Is that confirmed?

Forte failed a drug test at Toga? Pletcher appealed so it wouldn't be decided by Derby? Is that confirmed?

I believe it is. It was a bute overage so hardly scandalous stuff on its own but the fact that it's been swept under the rug for 8-9 months is ridiculous.

I believe it is. It was a bute overage so hardly scandalous stuff on its own but the fact that it's been swept under the rug for 8-9 months is ridiculous.
I love Horse Racing as much as an avid fan can, but until they clean it up, it's going to lose the casual fan. They are only hurting themselves.

mage is gonna take all the money, hopefully he goes flat and there is some value in tossing him from the exotics as i suspect many will key him.

mage is gonna take all the money, hopefully he goes flat and there is some value in tossing him from the exotics as i suspect many will key him.
If there has ever been a Triple Crown race that I'm not interested in, this is it. Maybe some of those new horses will surprise, but I would shocked.

I think I am just going to single first mission in everything and live with it. Not a ton of value their either but I think he's the winner. Liked his last race, the rider and I think he will continue to improve. He did get an ideal trip though. The only thing about Mage that is interesting is the trainer Delgado is no stranger to running his horses back within 2 weeks. His numbers support it. Just not going to be any value and I see like your thought process.

No real speed in the race other than the 4 who I just don't think is good enough.

I think I am playing a 8/5,6 exacta

Last edited:
As I look at it a little closer, pretty evident that the Baffert 1 horse is going to the lead... That could be interesting no?

Gonna reach a bit and go with Perform. Mage at current odds seems like fair value, so I may box the 2. Tactically, National Treasure seems to have a big edge, but he seems to find ways not to win.

with such a small field no reason to not take a reach.. not like i have bankroll i have to make it thru the 10 other races...

Keying 7 over 1/3/5 in the Preakness. I don't remember a TC race with such little value.

Need 7 to get over th1 and the 5 to get over the 3 to get any value at all.

the bet might have been the super high 5
1-3-5-7/1-3-5-7/1-3-5-7/ over 2/4 paid 300K.

Serial horse killer and cheater wins Kentucky Derby.

Sport needs to head to glue factory.

actually hit the pick 5 for $2. Singled favorites in 11th and 12th race. Paid $2,200 on a $98 ticket.

Preakness was there for Mage he just didn’t run a great race. he was close enough to pace as well. I think castellano thought he would make a much bigger move but horse didn’t have anything left in the tank

Last edited:
We will see if he learned his lesson.

Hopefully 10 years was long enough for him to sort things out. A few others could use similar time to do the same

They are looking at running the Belmont stakes at Saratoga in 2025.. that could be interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom