2023 Maui Classic | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

That’s the best take I’ve seen on our team this season and it’s from a Tennessee website haha good on them for doing more research than 99% of nationals guys
They have an abundance of sports reporters down here. The people are so obsessed with all things UT, you'll have a nice long career if you can connect to it somehow.

Here's my synopsis of what's at stake

3-0 = Top 5, maybe top 3
2-1 (2nd Place) = ~ 15th-20th
2-1 (3rd) = ~ 20th
1-2 (4th) = Others receiving votes
2-1 (5th) = Borderline Top 25
1-2 (6th) = Others receiving votes
1-2 (7th) = No votes
0-3 (8th) = Hide the women and children
I think that's a fair assessment. I'm going to say 5th place should be the floor here.

3-0 = Top 5, maybe top 3
2-1 (3rd) = ~ 20th
1-2 (7th) = No votes
If you think about it, the only difference betwee 4th, 6th and 7th is when you get to play Chaminade.

Are you telling or asking because my 5 minutes of research told me no and I’d like the answer to be yes

I was asking lol. You mentioned not being able to play until 4am, I got excited.

You and I are going to be shooting dice in the parking lot with locals aren't we?

There is a chance that Judah, JJ and Chance all end up in the NBA.

They are locked in the gym with us. Not the other way around.
I think there's a very good chance each of those 3 get a fair shot at the NBA. Whether they stick is very tough to tell. I like that last line though. They have to play us.

I was asking lol. You mentioned not being able to play until 4am, I got excited.

You and I are going to be shooting dice in the parking lot with locals aren't we?
I wouldn’t have it any other way

For those that still have FloHoops from our overseas trip.. Tennessee is playing on Aug 4th if anyone wants to check out what they look like at this point.

3-0 = Top 5, maybe top 3
2-1 (3rd) = ~ 20th
1-2 (7th) = No votes
It really depends on if we play Chaminade. If it's 0-3 and Chaminade is one of the losses, I would consider Autry's seat warm already. If it's 0-3 against these Top 10-15 high-caliber teams and we play tough in each one, I would be disappointed but not devastated. I really just want to come out of Maui with one quality win, at minimum.

Most of the old town Lahaina has apparently burned down. I have to wonder what this affect will have on both the tournament and the experience of being there.
Hopefully they have a contingency plan. I wonder if they'll move to California or something.

Most of the old town Lahaina has apparently burned down. I have to wonder what this affect will have on both the tournament and the experience of being there.
Not only is everything in Hawaii expensive to begin with, but construction labor and material costs are sky high. Hopefully all these places had great insurance that they are able to rebuild and resume their lives.

Is old Town near the civic center or south? Also sounds like it's still very much going strong in and around Lahaina... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom