2023 NFL Thread | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Fasten your seat belts. These teams can't stop each other.

Picture1.png

Thought for sure Buffalo was winning this one. Too conservative on offense for too much of the game.

186 yards on 39 attempts is not great.
That last drive was bad. Trying for the end zone when he had Diggs wide open underneath was the game.

Edit. I hate autocorrect

Last edited:
I see and hear a lot of criticism of Allen. I thought he played reasonably well. In my view he's not the reason Buffalo lost tonight. KC's defense is clearly better than Buffalo's defense. Just about every Buffalo playoff loss is directly tied to the inability of their defense to stop Mahomes or Burrow when it matters most. Allen is the least of their problems imo. He dropped a dime from about 60 yards on the diva WR that should have been hauled in. Btw the missed FG didn't help the cause either.

Live by the gunslinger, die by the gunslinger.
I don’t see how this was gunslinging .. this was the opposite . This was Captain check-down to a fault until the very end when it SHOULD have been Captain check down

I don’t see how this was gunslinging .. this was the opposite . This was Captain check-down to a fault until the very end when it SHOULD have been Captain check down
Didn’t need 3 50-yard bombs. Needed 3 15-20 yard chunk plays. Those bombs have also been his Achilles heel for interceptions

Edit. The gunslinger mentality for Josh also extends to his running. On the RPOs, he needs to actually hand off once in awhile so the defense actually respects that option.

And why didn’t the Bills try an outside run when KC had everyone in the box? A pitch might have worked.

Last edited:
I see and hear a lot of criticism of Allen. I thought he played reasonably well. In my view he's not the reason Buffalo lost tonight. KC's defense is clearly better than Buffalo's defense. Just about every Buffalo playoff loss is directly tied to the inability of their defense to stop Mahomes or Burrow when it matters most. Allen is the least of their problems imo. He dropped a dime from about 60 yards on the diva WR that should have been hauled in. Btw the missed FG didn't help the cause either.
Don’t think he deserves all the blame at all, but 186 yards on 39 attempts ain’t great. Obviously there were missed opportunities, but you can say that pretty much every game. Switch his name to Prescott and the national media probably sings a different tune.

Don’t think he deserves all the blame at all, but 186 yards on 39 attempts ain’t great. Obviously there were missed opportunities, but you can say that pretty much every game. Switch his name to Prescott and the national media probably sings a different tune.
If it was Prescott, he would've had two picks

I am not schematically smart enough to understand but what are the Bills receivers doing on their routs? You watch LaFleur, Reid, the Lions guy - scheme people open all the time, but I watch Buffalo and my Bengals, and I never see guys wide open.

Didn’t need 3 50-yard bombs. Needed 3 15-20 yard chunk plays. Those bombs have also been his Achilles heel for interceptions

Edit. The gunslinger mentality for Josh also extends to his running. On the RPOs, he needs to actually hand off once in awhile so the defense actually respects that option.

And why didn’t the Bills try an outside run when KC had everyone in the box? A pitch might have worked.

He had 72 yards and 2 rushing TD's on 6 yards per carry and you wanted the ball out of his hands more often? Ok.

I am not schematically smart enough to understand but what are the Bills receivers doing on their routs? You watch LaFleur, Reid, the Lions guy - scheme people open all the time, but I watch Buffalo and my Bengals, and I never see guys wide open.
You left out Shanahan. Not a savant here, but Cincinnati and Buffalo mostly seem to rely on their guys using their talent to beat their man where these other guys utilize play action and motion a whole lot more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom