2023 PGA Tour | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

A more competitive series would be Team USA vs the rest of the world like the President's Cup. Forgive me is that already exists on the women's side as I'm too lazy to look it up.

Europe sure came back in that afternoon session. Crap

If Lexi Thompson was a male golfer, golf twitter would have forced her into retirement years ago.

Another horrendous “choke” on 18 with a shanked pitch from just off the green.

If Lexi Thompson was a male golfer, golf twitter would have forced her into retirement years ago.

Another horrendous “choke” on 18 with a shanked pitch from just off the green.
Lexi redeemed herself a little bit this morning contributing to a victory in her match.

Why is NBC/Golf Channel not showing a graphic with the status of the matches on the course? Like "Europe leads 2 matches, US leads 2 matches." They've done that every year but this one and it's annoying. I guess they are trying to increase traffic to the Solheim Cup website or something.

Why is NBC/Golf Channel not showing a graphic with the status of the matches on the course? Like "Europe leads 2 matches, US leads 2 matches." They've done that every year but this one and it's annoying. I guess they are trying to increase traffic to the Solheim Cup website or something.
Yup. You need to refer to the Solheim Cup website to get the overall scores. Bad job by the TV production. Europe heating up in the afternoon, winning all four matches so far. Kang is 5 under thru 8 and Vu 4 under and they haven't gotten a point yet.

Nelly Korda getting worked, 3 down after 8.

So friggin stupid that any of these Solheim/Ryder/President’s cups can end in a tie and the previous winner retains the cup. It’s ridiculous watching them celebrate like they won

NBC needs to step up there game up next week for the Ryder Cup. Missed shots, poor commentators, lousy graphics. Give them C on this coverage.

Europe celebrating a tie on the the 17th green while a match was still going on the 17th tee was worse then the Justin Leonard celebration. At least he won something.

NBC needs to step up there game up next week for the Ryder Cup. Missed shots, poor commentators, lousy graphics. Give them C on this coverage.

Europe celebrating a tie on the the 17th green while a match was still going on the 17th tee was worse then the Justin Leonard celebration. At least he won something.
This was like an SU athletic dept. production of an ESPN+ OOC hoops game. Embarrassing.

I give them a free pass on the missed shots. They said yesterday that they were not the ones controlling the cameras. It was a German company. I can’t remember the name

did they produce it or just over lay the talking onto the feed?

Probably something like that. I noticed something was not normal, like there wasn't a real flow and they were always just reacting.

Anybody know any books with a "To Score 0 Points" market? Kind of want to fade Scottie and Brooks.

Anybody know any books with a "To Score 0 Points" market? Kind of want to fade Scottie and Brooks.

If you’re looking to bet that Scheffler throws a goose egg, I’ll take your action.

If you’re looking to bet that Scheffler throws a goose egg, I’ll take your action.
I'm looking for $50 somewhere around the 100-1 that's floating around lol

I need to state my disagreement with the bolded,

How can you call the European celebration worse, when that has always been the tradition of the Ryder/Solheim Cup. The prior year victor celebrates the moment the cup has been retained (at 14 points, not 14.5 points). That is the way it has always been whether Europe retains or the US retains.

Also what exactly did Justin Leonard win when they stormed the course after the had made the putt? The US had won nothing at that point. Europe still had a 25 foot putt to tie the hole. The controversy was not that the US celebrated -- its that they celebrated before they actually won the Cup and directly interfered with a somewhat makeable putt that still meant something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom