2023 PGA Tour | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

Perhaps the US needed some Dustin Johnson 8-ball magic today.

JT played well enough but Clark cant be getting a bogey from where he drove that ball.

Like everytime we play over there the Euro guys make shots that most never make at PGA events.

JT played well enough but Clark cant be getting a bogey from where he drove that ball.

Like everytime we play over there the Euro guys make shots that most never make at PGA events.

Clark and Homa both gagged massively on 17 and 18.
All they needed was 1 par on 17 or 1 birdie on 18... and they couldn't achieve either.

Clark and Homa both gagged massively on 17 and 18.
All they needed was 1 par on 17 or 1 birdie on 18... and they couldn't achieve either.
all i saw all day was puts on the low side.. even on the putts where they had 2 looks..

Guys, does anybody have any idea what happened to scotttie and brooks? Holy crap. Are they sick? I just woke up and did a double take.

The US just can't close things out on the back nine of the fourballs.

Up 3-1 yesterday, and it ended up 1-2-1.
Up 3-1 today, now its 2-2 -- although it can certainly change.

6-2 vs 3-4-1... that's 2.5 points.

The score would be a very feasible 9-7.

Last edited:
That last point at least makes it more entertaining as we enter tomorrow.

At least Cantlay has a bit of a personality in this event. His current claim to fame is the best really boring player in the world.

pretty much they have to win 4 of the first 5 to have a shot.. but when 1/2 the team is playing poorly its gonna take a miracle..

They sure havent used much putt luck up yet so maybe they have some magic..

Yikes - tough start by the US. As a neutral observer I do cheer for Europe in the Ryder Cup, but I was hoping as a viewer looking to be entertained that the US would make this a tighter match at some point on Sunday.

Was hoping the last point by Cantlay, and the Lacava-Rory episode, would propel the US to a hot start. But it hasn't.

I made 5 relatively small bets heading into the Cup, Euro winning being about half the total.
I guess that will dictate my rooting interest today.

1) Europe winning (looking very good)
2) Hatton top Euro at +800 (could still get a split pot if Hatton wins and Rory loses or ties)
3) Cantlay top US (no chance - Homa)
4) Burns top overall rookie (no chance - Homa)
5) Straka top Euro rookie (this one still has a chance at a split if Straka wins, and Aberg and Macintyre lose)

Here's a crazy stat entering today.
The 4 US players with the best winning% this week are all of the 4 rookies. What were the odds of something like that?

US Rookies this week: 6-3-2
US Veterans this week: 2-15-4

In fact the US Rookies have done better as a whole than the Euro rookies.
None of them have a losing record.

had scottie not lost 18 today it would have come down to the last 2 matches not even needing to win both.. But Ricky hitting the water on 16 ended the dream comeback..

With the randomness of an 18 hole match, it often doesn't work out that your 3 top players entering the event really dominate like the Euro's did this week. Rory, Rahm and Hovland won it for the Euro's.

Didn't get the best odds but put a Franklin on Europe at +110 with a small bet on Aberg top rookie scorer. Congrats to Max Homa on being top rookie and one of the few Americans who showed up. Speith and Thomas better be in the top 6 in 2025. They used their boys club mulligan this weekend. Can't wait to experience Bethpage in 2025. Bottom line until they show me otherwise I'll continue to fade Team USA when they go on the road.

Where is the guy who asked me why I would double down on Europe before teams were announced?

Just messing around but I wish every bet was that easy. Cantlay is such a tool. There is an argument they should get a paycheck but he is just a tool.

I used to be a Xander fan but he might be a tool, too. At least I don't have to worry about him winning anything big because he doesn't have that dog in him.

European team was just so much more likable in general. Viktor is becoming one of my favorite professional athletes and I think Ludvig is going to to be a STAR star.

Where is the guy who asked me why I would double down on Europe before teams were announced?

Just messing around but I wish every bet was that easy. Cantlay is such a tool. There is an argument they should get a paycheck but he is just a tool.

I used to be a Xander fan but he might be a tool, too. At least I don't have to worry about him winning anything big because he doesn't have that dog in him.

European team was just so much more likable in general. Viktor is becoming one of my favorite professional athletes and I think Ludvig is going to to be a STAR star.
I agree. Viktor, Rory, Rahm, Fleetwood, Rose, Hatton, Fitzpatrick and Luke Donald are eight of the nicest people in the game.

I agree. Viktor, Rory, Rahm, Fleetwood, Rose, Hatton, Fitzpatrick and Luke Donald are eight of the nicest people in the game.

It appears Europe is primarily focused on winning while the US is focused on other things like this

It appears Europe is primarily focused on winning while the US is focused on other things like this
To me, this confirms there was drama and a rift behind the scenes for Team USA. So disappointing and embarrassing frankly. What a bunch of witches (replace the w).

No excuse for not going on the scouting trip unless you're having kid like Spieth. Cantlay and Xander (who I used to really like) should've been told to get on board or they're off the team.

Only two U.S. players played competitively in the month leading up the Ryder Cup. None of them would do that for a major like Paul McGinley said. Pathetic. Rant over.

I'm here. I stand by what I said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom