2023 Practice | Syracusefan.com

2023 Practice

Now I may just be seeing things, but could swear i saw a #28 with a long pole in his hand in one of those clips. Would be nice if Caccamo is already back in action!

Wheres Gaits presser to open the season??
Probably couldn’t make the first practice probably busy selling lacrosse sticks gotta have priorities lol I was all on board with the Gait hire until he hired Petro I think both can coach players with elite talent I don’t think either has a clue how to develop average talent into good players. Hope I’m wrong I support the team and the staff just very unimpressed with what I saw last year and the offseason hasn’t inspired much hope I’ll be glad to be wrong

Probably couldn’t make the first practice probably busy selling lacrosse sticks gotta have priorities lol I was all on board with the Gait hire until he hired Petro I think both can coach players with elite talent I don’t think either has a clue how to develop average talent into good players. Hope I’m wrong I support the team and the staff just very unimpressed with what I saw last year and the offseason hasn’t inspired much hope I’ll be glad to be wrong
You can't take average talent and make it good enough to compete with great talent. You need good talent and u can make them great. Average talent is just not gonna be able to compete at this level no matter how much better u make them. Petro can coach he's proven it for a very long time time. Last yr the team lacked talent at SSDM and Goalie which are two out of the 3 most important positions besides Fogo to be a solid team. I don't agree with you.

Petro’s defense at Hopkins got smoked badly by the guy Gait replaced Syracuse won many championships developing average talent with above average athleticism into not just good but very good players

I notice in these practice photos they’ve seemingly switched from Nike and Stx to all Gait gear. Gloves, arm pads, sticks.

s
Petro’s defense at Hopkins got smoked badly by the guy Gait replaced Syracuse won many championships developing average talent with above average athleticism into not just good but very good players
syracuse has never had average talent and won championships. even if you want average talent to include top-20-type average. that's silly.

You can't take average talent and make it good enough to compete with great talent. You need good talent and u can make them great. Average talent is just not gonna be able to compete at this level no matter how much better u make them. Petro can coach he's proven it for a very long time time. Last yr the team lacked talent at SSDM and Goalie which are two out of the 3 most important positions besides Fogo to be a solid team. I don't agree with you.
i'd argue that you have it exactly backwards. you can take average talent and turn that into a good team through great coaching. but you can't make good players great. you can't teach great. either you've got it or you don't.

s

syracuse has never had average talent and won championships. even if you want average talent to include top-20-type average. that's silly.
Brooks was far from elite talent he was how ever an elite athlete with an absolutely insatiable appetite to win who was developed into an elite talent. Same could be said with Jarrett Park even Joel White who Sid Smith use to push around the field into the right position

s

Donahue developed lots of players on both ends of the field

Donahue developed lots of players on both ends of the field
my god, man. look at their lineups and to say they had average talent is cray. even if you cherry pick the last 2.

I will just have to agree to disagree I believe the Syracuse former coaching staff was a massive reason for their success.Their ability to develop individuals and teams from average to good and good to great is a large reason there is 11 trophies . I have yet to see this staff do it granted it’s only been 1 season. I will say Gait has proven he can make elite talent even better multiple times

I will just have to agree to disagree I believe the Syracuse former coaching staff was a massive reason for their success.Their ability to develop individuals and teams from average to good and good to great is a large reason there is 11 trophies . I have yet to see this staff do it granted it’s only been 1 season. I will say Gait has proven he can make elite talent even better multiple times
This is a big yr. They have there hands all over this team now. They got some young talent mixed with some veteran transfers so I think this team can suprise and do well this season. Not saying a championship team but maybe tournament. If they have another 4 win season then yeah ur right but I just think there to good of coaches to not at least be a 500 team at worst. We shall see

The individual player plays a larger role in his development than any coach. None of these coaches are reinventing the wheel. Do you have players that will work everyday on their craft outside of practice hours? Will they watch film and know their opponent inside and out? Will they get in the gym and get stronger everyday? Self motivation is critical.

A lot has been said about the Class of 26. One thing the majority have is work ethic. That’s the main reason many will see the field over the guys that have been at Syracuse.

If a freshman is just as good as an upperclassman what does that mean? Did he have better coaching at the HS level? Does he work harder? Is he more focused on his craft?

If your opinion is that the former staff developed better than what happened to the older guys development? Why are they getting beat out by freshman?

what we disagree on (i think) is the level of talent 'cuse has had when they won championships. kd convinced me to play and was my 1st coach. i know he (and they) could coach.

Any insight on why most the team are wearing compression padded shorts? I get the concept (injury prevention kind-of) but I have never not seen a team roll with them besides goalies. Is this a gait box promotion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom