2023 Yankees Season | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

By doing nothing, the Yanks are losing the deadline. With the team they have, they are going nowhere. Might as well sell a few guys, Peralta being one who seems like they'd fetch a good amount.

By doing nothing, the Yanks are losing the deadline. With the team they have, they are going nowhere. Might as well sell a few guys, Peralta being one who seems like they'd fetch a good amount.
Hard to say they will be much better next year with this team as the backbone and their propensity to not go above the cap.

Hard to say they will be much better next year with this team as the backbone and their propensity to not go above the cap.
Agreed. They will overspend on another over the hill FA.

Sell them all. The major league roster sucks and there’s no help coming from the minors. Accept that reality and burn it down. Then, if Hal had any balls, he’d fire Boone and Cashman.
Football camp opens soon.
Couldn't agree more. A ton of expensive, past their prime dead weight.

If they plan on breaking the bank for Torres, extend him now and trade Peraza. Otherwise, get rid of Torres while he’s valuable.
Too late now, I realize.

The Mets just exposed a loophole in the system that Hal needs to exploit.

Basically, over-pay for a top FA like Verlander on a short contract. If it works, great. If not, you trade him for a team’s top prospect and then some. Not many teams can play in that high wage sandbox.

The Mets just exposed a loophole in the system that Hal needs to exploit.

Basically, over-pay for a top FA like Verlander on a short contract. If it works, great. If not, you trade him for a team’s top prospect and then some. Not many teams can play in that high wage sandbox.

Only issue is that Cohen is having to pay a ton of money to move the contract despite getting a good haul back. No way Steinbrenner is paying the kind of money to move the contract the Mets are.

Only issue is that Cohen is having to pay a ton of money to move the contract despite getting a good haul back. No way Steinbrenner is paying the kind of money to move the contract the Mets are.
I saw that he’s paying a bunch to TEX for Scherzer. Hadn’t seen that for JV.

Total ineptitude, in my opinion. This team is going nowhere the way it is currently constituted. Maybe the rapidly aging genius tried to sell but no one was interested enough in what the Yankees had to offer, which would itself be a commentary on decisions made in the last half-decade. Whatever the reason, this awful team belongs to Cashman, horribly constructed with no vision and no easy way out. I think Hal will be spending a lot of money in the next couple of years with very little return- not that he can't afford it.

I was telling a few Yankee fan friends today, Rizzo, Stanton, DJ will cost $64M next year. The O's roster costs $61M.

Worst part is that the Yankees couldn't even sell, nothing really of value.

They need a new approach. And before Donnie says it, yes, I know they won 99 games last year.

What the Yankees did today makes no sense. We are seeing tonight that the team isn't a WS contender. So why not sell the few assets that they have?

Total ineptitude, in my opinion. This team is going nowhere the way it is currently constituted. Maybe the rapidly aging genius tried to sell but no one was interested enough in what the Yankees had to offer, which would itself be a commentary on decisions made in the last half-decade. Whatever the reason, this awful team belongs to Cashman, horribly constructed with no vision and no easy way out. I think Hal will be spending a lot of money in the next couple of years with very little return- not that he can't afford it.
What Cashman did today is to show that he has a lifetime contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom