2023 Yankees Season | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

If the Yankees offense keeps "producing" at its current level, the entire pitching staff is likely to end up in rehab.

Ugh, didn't really need to lose another pitcher. I hope German gets his sht together for next season.

Today was John & Suzyn T-shirt Night

362275150_835031437974895_9192429421706219055_n.jpg

They need a new approach. And before Donnie says it, yes, I know they won 99 games last year.
Empty calories, much like Derek Carr's 4,000 yard seasons.

I was thinking last night, as I was watching a game where runs were actually scored, Rizzo/DJ/Stanton really aren't that old. Especially by today's standards of how people keep themselves in shape longer. Rizzo is about to turn 34, Stanton is 33, DJ is 35. Heck, Judge is 31. The sudden declines do not really make sense. But if it's real, then the Yankees are pretty much screwed next year. Too much money locked into those 3, and it will hamper any free agency buys in the offseason.

I was thinking last night, as I was watching a game where runs were actually scored, Rizzo/DJ/Stanton really aren't that old. Especially by today's standards of how people keep themselves in shape longer. Rizzo is about to turn 34, Stanton is 33, DJ is 35. Heck, Judge is 31. The sudden declines do not really make sense. But if it's real, then the Yankees are pretty much screwed next year. Too much money locked into those 3, and it will hamper any free agency buys in the offseason.
Also, guys get paid and suddenly their numbers plummet. Hmmmm.

Ugh, didn't really need to lose another pitcher. I hope German gets his sht together for next season.

I think the Yankees need to move on. First the domestic abuse suspension, now this, which based on Cashman's eery comment makes me fear he may have done something similar again.

Yankees have enough trouble relying on pitchers due to injury. They don't need this added on.

Montas is the guy I hope gets his sht together for next season.

EDIT: Scratch that, Montas is available for free agency after the season.

Last edited:
Rizzo/DJ/Stanton really aren't that old. Especially by today's standards of how people keep themselves in shape longer. Rizzo is about to turn 34, Stanton is 33, DJ is 35.
That's still old in baseball terms. There's a lot written on aging curves, but I don't think there is any right answer or best analysis and there are lots of outliers, survivor bias, etc. But, mostly guys peak, and then start declining either as soon as they're in the majors or after 30.
tl;dr takeaway for aging - player primes are no longer late 20s. Players tend to decline at/after 30 years of age, and decline is pretty constant until they’re out of baseball. Pitchers also decline, and before they hit 30, their command tends to improve while velocity is always declining, which cancel each other out. In general, don’t assume that players will get better once they’ve debuted, because most don’t.
The other thing is that pitchers are all throwing 96+ now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom