2024 NCAA Championship Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NCAA Championship Thread

Hate to say it but Iowa needed to hit the portal last year to give Clark more help especially inside. Their coach has done an awesome job and coached them up for sure but to battle the Cardosa’s and PauPau’s (who transferred just this year from Oregon), Iowa needed to make some strategic additions to compete for a national championship. Love their loyalty and belief in themselves but they needed just a little more firepower to help out. Sorry didn’t see the previous post about the portal.

Iowa been getting one hell of a whistle this quarter haha

Hate to say it but Iowa needed to hit the portal last year to give Clark more help especially inside. Their coach has done an awesome job and coached them up for sure but to battle the Cardosa’s and PauPau’s (who transferred just this year from Oregon), Iowa needed to make some strategic additions to compete for a national championship. Love their loyalty and belief in themselves but they needed just a little more firepower to help out. Sorry didn’t see the previous post about the portal.
This has been the sentiment here in Iowa city all season

Clark must be gassed. She hasn't played well in this micro stretch. Would like to see more of her trademark 3s, rather than dribbles to nowhere

Clark must be gassed. She hasn't played well in this micro stretch. Would like to see more of her trademark 3s, rather than dribbles to nowhere
Yep. Barely hit the rim on the little 6-footer.

Cocks were inevitable

SC
+10 FGs
-1 3s
+11 offensive rebounds
+11 defensive rebounds
7 players w 4 or more rebounds; Iowa w 2
+35 bench points
+3 assists
+12 points
+4 blocks
+2 steals
+4 TOs; Clark had 4 by herself
-3 FT attempts

Why can’t you box out in the women’s game? Iowa had what looked like position on 3 that were called fouls. I don’t get it.

A single 5 star (with no bench help) player can’t beat a team full of them by herself.
Not knocking Clark at all but I think she knew it was over after she had consecutive possessions where she bricked the logo 3 and then a really tough inside shot.

Both UCONN and SC basically face guarded her the second she crossed half court. Her vision and her passing are unreal… I put them up there with the true greats I’ve seen in my lifetime. Her teammates were not able to convert enough of her dimes and it got against a superior talent.

SC reminds me of the UCONN men’s team… can beat you in so many ways. Well deserved win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom