2024 PGA Tour | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

This story is so far under the radar it’s amazing.
If this was a July tourney it'd be huge. Just demonstrates how much oxygen the NFL sucks out of the sports landscape.

Burns has already tied Dunlap through 7. It's over Johnny, it's over!

Fkkkkking JT. Door just opened right up and he's putting the ball in the water on par 5s after perfect drives.
Another one hahahaha unbelievable

Dunlap saved it with his short game.. Got lucky on 18 twice, the crazy bounce out of the crowd saved him his shot for par. But nice Putt to win.. I had Xander who left it on the lip on 17 and Bezuidenhout who had the chance if that last putt didnt go in.

You'd think the 20 yr old amateur would be in the drink on 17 and 18, not the five time winner Burns. There's got to be somebody out there (probably his college buddies) that cashed a winning ticket on Dunlap.

I wonder how he deals with the 10 mill or so he owes. No casual way around it.. Its been so long you would think there would be some time escalator clause in it.

I wonder how he deals with the 10 mill or so he owes. No casual way around it.. Its been so long you would think there would be some time escalator clause in it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't owe money until he proves he can play on the PGA tour / professional golf, which would actually require him to actually play on those tours.

If he decides to try Pro Golf again I think there are a few ways.
1) If LIV agrees to give him a massive signing bonus he can then use it to pay off whatever he owes. But if its $15M, he would need a bonus of close to $30M to generate the after tax cash flows to pay off the bonus. I don't see this as realistic.

2) I think the more likely scenario could be the following (assuming its possible via a lawyer). Work a deal with the insurers that if they allow him to try to come back to pro-golf he agrees to give them 50% of whatever earnings he makes (on the course or marketing) in his career moving forward. The insurers could say no -- and he can keep sitting out and they earn nothing. Or they can agree, and actually have some upside here and start getting at least some money back, or even more assuming he gets it back together.

Say he goes to LIV and they give him a $5M bonus based on his name and marquee / "mystery" value. He probably still has some marketability. That's $6M right there off the bat, and say $3M goes to the insurers its probably a positive for them.

Say he goes to LIV and they give him a $5M bonus based on his name and marquee / "mystery" value. He probably still has some marketability. That's $6M right there off the bat, and say $3M goes to the insurers its probably a positive for them.
This LIV and Kim thing should have kept it secret. They could have done the mystery partner thing like the 1990 WWF Survivor Series.

Unless he took an advance or there was fraud, I don’t see how he owes anything. You can bet the insurance company had his checked out and agreed he was unable to play at that level.

Unless he took an advance or there was fraud, I don’t see how he owes anything. You can bet the insurance company had his checked out and agreed he was unable to play at that level.

His payout was contingent on him never playing again. Just like the massive insurance policies college QBs take out against catastrophic loss.

Lol freaking Jaeger gonna beat me this week. Hojgaard (45/1) not making the putts to keep pace. Might need a meltdown.

I think the original deal had a timeline for play. it even had rules on how much he could play outside of the tour. Maybe its been long enough it doesnt matter.

I think the original deal had a timeline for play. it even had rules on how much he could play outside of the tour. Maybe its been long enough it doesnt matter.
The key is in the contract and agreement. I would think the law would disfavor a contract that made it economically unfeasible to work at your profession.

The key is in the contract and agreement. I would think the law would disfavor a contract that made it economically unfeasible to work at your profession.

Nobody forced him to take approx. $15 million tax-free at age 27. And he has been healthy enough to compete for years. Now that funny money is being thrown around by the Saudis doesn’t mean it was not an arms-length transaction. He was always a strange character.

The potential Kim return doesn't come to the front like it is without there being some sort of workaround regarding his insurance payment already in place,

Whether it is simple as a time lapse, a joint agreement with the insurer on future earnings, I seriously doubt Kim is going to leave himself exposed in any way by making a return.

It would seem the actual return to professional golf would have been the triggering event, not physical ability, because as Poppy mentioned above the guy has physically been able to play golf for a while it appears.

As for him being strange, we know he had Alcohol issues and perhaps Drugs -- these are viewed more as Mental Health issues in 2024 than 2010. That's probably a big part behind this saga.

Why do the signature events (which require specific ranking) have sponsor exemptions in them?
These events should be purely merit based.

EDIT - After posting this I realized the answer. If Tiger wants to play they want to make sure he is able to play.

I had Hojgaard 45/1 and we lose to this cheating scumbag hahaha

This might be my favorite commercial ever

Every time I bet on Xander I walk away thinking what a gutless coward. Nice of him to not make me wait until the weekend this time.

Clarks 60 today was pretty nice.
had a bogey where he had to play left handed greenside shot
and then last 3 holes left putts in the heart on 16 and 17 and a few inches off an eagle on 18
that close to 57

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom