2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Reading about Jerry Jones at Arkansas straight up saying he’s paying double what Kentucky’s paying. Crazy to think about from where things were 5-10 years ago.

I dont like the idea of just saying we’re paying outrageous money for no reason. I do like the idea of what we did with McCord. Some times you have the money one time for a one year mercenary to steady the ship and get things back on track. We all know Cuse has some well known donors and some quiet ones that have a big checkbook.

If that’s not Roache for hoops im not sure what some of our big donors are waiting for.

I said before the reason i thought we didn’t get Mack was because he wasn’t worth the price tag at 170 pounds and only playing 24 games of college hoops in the Ivy. Not for Autry and not for the NIL guys.

I’m starting to think Leffew is the back up plan and we’re swinging for the fences at the point behind the scenes.
I don't think Leffew was a back up plan at the start of this. I do know that we have contacted Roach. What that will mean? No idea. But I am with you. This is a guy you swing for the fences for. And I like Leffew. But Roach is another level for me.

Last edited:
Please
Almost literally only shoots 3's and he's always shot it well but it's a wide range. Nearly 50% from 3 this season on high volume. His TS% the last 3 years:
  • 2021-22: 57.5% (good!)
  • 2022-23: 51.0% (below average)
  • 2023-24: 72.2% (you're a wizard!)
72.2% on high volume shooting with zero finishing at the rim to supplement your percentages is better than god-like stuff.

I don't think Leffew was a back up plan at the start of this. I do know that we have contacted Roach. What that will mean? No idea. But I am with you. This isa guy you swing for the fences for. And I like Leffew. But Roach is another level for me.
Heck yeah, you gotta pony up for Roach and give him the keys. A true PG we have been missing for years.

I don't think Leffew was a back up plan at the start of this. I do know that we have contacted Roach. What that will mean? No idea. But I am with you. This is a guy you swing for the fences for. And I like Leffew. But Roach is another level for me.
Exactly. We need a floor captain running point, I’m not sure that was Mack having played all of 2-3 games against P5 competition as a freshman.
Heck yeah, you gotta pony up for Roach and give him the keys. A true PG we have been missing for years.
I say. If we’re not sure go with multiple years in a Power conference

I hope we’re still looking for another forward and some shooting, beyond the PG. We have Bell and hopefully a better JJ but with Lampkin inside, I think another perimeter threat that he can dish out to would be huge. Not sure where that fits though.

I hope we’re still looking for another forward and some shooting, beyond the PG. We have Bell and hopefully a better JJ but with Lampkin inside, I think another perimeter threat that he can dish out to would be huge. Not sure where that fits though.
Be nice but who can we get that would be happy with the role we are thinking about?

That was quick. Rumor mill says 1.5 mil.
Not a chance. People just throw out crazy numbers. There were very few players who received seven figures last year. Roach is good, but he’s not going to carry a team. He was actually very average at Duke is some games this past year. I’d take him in a heart beat, but with that kind of money you could go out and get three very good players.

That was quick. Rumor mill says 1.5 mil.
Not worth it. Ballo was rumored to be offered 1.2 and he was a better player. Roach has had one year he had a PER over 15. You can find a ton of guards like him a lot cheaper than that.

Not worth it. Ballo was rumored to be offered 1.2 and he was a better player. Roach has had one year he had a PER over 15. You can find a ton of guards like him a lot cheaper than that.
Neither guy is worth that cash. Ballo is not Clingan or Edey.

My assumption is they play both together.
I think they could, but would be a very small backcourt, especially if they try to play their zone. Lot of big guards would be able take advantage of their lack of height.

Not sure if this has been posted, but they talk Jeremy Roach and Syracuse at the 4:30 mark of this video. Not the most flattering commentary though ...

Who are these two smug goofballs?

He's listed as a guard, but he was one of the biggest guys on their team; similar build to Jyare Davis but he's only a freshman. Over 10 rebounds per 40 minutes. Nearly 2 steals and 2 blocks per 40. The offense efficiency was not there for him as a freshman, but the rebound, steal, and block rates are really impressive.