2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

You keep ignoring the “it’s hard to believe”. It’s phrased fine
So... It WOULD be hard it believe... Or perhaps, If that ends up happening it WILL be hard to believe

So... It WOULD be hard it believe... Or perhaps, If that ends up happening it WILL be hard to believe
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Red is smart to keep his interest in players low key. As fans, we want information, but we don’t want potential suitors to know our intentions.

Not to mention the kids dropping names on who has contacted them have been in contact with their top options for a while already. These lists are kind of pointless when we all know the work has been happening behind the scenes

Not to mention the kids dropping names on who has contacted them have been in contact with their top options for a while already. These lists are kind of pointless when we all know the work has been happening behind the scenes
You have to work with agents/kids you learn one way or the other that you can trust. You need a network you can trust.

JB didn't shoot down JJ. We really wanted him. But as happened a lot at the end of JB's days. Brey and his staff out worked us for him. The entire staff showed up to a practice that JJ was having.
My understanding is that JAB was wedded to a senior shooting guard and after JAB (and Brey, to be fair) was gone, and Red was HC it was a rapid switch to JJ at SG and and the incumbent SG portaled.

But I’m not arguing the point. I don’t really care that much since what happened is in the past. It was one example of several as a response to someone wondering why we would want a player who entered the portal.

My understanding is that JAB was wedded to a senior shooting guard and after JAB (and Brey, to be fair) was gone, and Red was HC it was a rapid switch to JJ at SG and and the incumbent SG portaled.

But I’m not arguing the point. I don’t really care that much since what happened is in the past. It was one example of several as a response to someone wondering why we would want a player who entered the portal.
I'm not arguing. Just that I know we wanted him and Jb was not nearly as aggresive as Brey was to go get him. From that standpoint, I guess we agree. Problem was, that was the case in most recruits we were going after the last years of JB.

I'm a little surprised. Don't know anything about him but would seem more of a PF than anything where we have 2 solid options already. Unless he is really skilled and can play the 3 to push Bell?

Physicality is what it is. Strong kid, A guy who won't get pushed around. He could play the center spot.
But his measurements are the same as Maliq. I want bigger. I don't know if that size is big enough to go up against big front lines in this league.