2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

I would be utterly stunned if Red plans on Westry being a starter next year, never mind start at PG the most important position on the floor. Big plans for him on next year's team, yes, but it would be an insane gamble not to get a starting-caliber PG from the portal. And I'm a huge Westry fan.

I would be utterly stunned if Red plans on Westry being a starter next year, never mind start at PG the most important position on the floor. Big plans for him on next year's team, yes, but it would be an insane gamble not to get a starting-caliber PG from the portal. And I'm a huge Westry fan.
FTR I didn’t see the post saying start at 1 but I think he will be a primary ball handler. A lot of balls In the air now

I think some people here would be really surprised by what a school like marquette has at its disposal in both operating cost and nil funding.
I believe the Syracuse basketball program itself has a high operating budget, but it sounds like our basketball NIL needs some work.

Typed this into the Judah thread but it got locked before I could post..

Very interesting/polarizing player imo. In many ways a productive player, but areas of expected/needed improvement never really materialized this year which hurt him AND the team. I’d be shocked if he ever plays in an NBA game based on the current ability (like most college players!), which is not what I thought heading into this season. He’ll at least have a chance to make it happen, which we have seen happen before.

On to next year for me. It was unofficially official before but now it’s officially official—need to find a transfer PG, and it’s going to be really important for next year’s success.

This kid has been a major bust, with UK and Nova. I wouldn't pay a dime to sign him lol.

Dream Scenario and assuming Reynolds doesn't enter the portal: We grab Mack (or Leffew) at PG, Mickeal-Brown Jones and Cade Tyson at forwards. Gives us a scoring guard who can distribute, and toughness and shooting at the forward position.

Seems like this guy should be about 32 years old by now.

Edit -- hard to believe he was class of 2020, seems like it was a LOT longer ago. But I stand corrected.
I thought the exact same thing.

Was pretty sure he was in Tyus Battle's recruiting class.

Dream Scenario and assuming Reynolds doesn't enter the portal: We grab Mack (or Leffew) at PG, Mickeal-Brown Jones and Cade Tyson at forwards. Gives us a scoring guard who can distribute, and toughness and shooting at the forward position.
we could use some toughness . lots of little yappy dogs but QC seemed like the only dude ready to throw down.