2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

I hope Red lands two more transfers because right now we’re definitely a net decline in talent from last season. He needs to address PG, shooting and depth on the frontcourt. Call me a bit concerned.
Dont agree that we are a net decline. Added a AA #6 Forward, one of the best 2G scorers, a transfer F who is strong and can score, a true PG who can set people up, a 6’11” 285 pound center who can score and rebound. Get two players back in Westry and McCloud who were hurt. Lost Benny, Taylor, Patterson who were net negative. Maliq, Cope and Mintz good players but think we have improved our roster. We will add 2 more quality players. Have to trust the coaches

Dont agree that we are a net decline. Added a AA #6 Forward, one of the best 2G scorers, a transfer F who is strong and can score, a true PG who can set people up, a 6’11” 285 pound center who can score and rebound. Get two players back in Westry and McCloud who were hurt. Lost Benny, Taylor, Patterson who were net negative. Maliq, Cope and Mintz good players but think we have improved our roster. We will add 2 more quality players. Have to trust the coaches
We’re a net decline in the portal. Freeman and Moore are positive additions as freshmen, but at this point I still think there are deficiencies in the roster that haven’t been adequately addressed. Ball handling, shooting and rebounding are still major concerns.

Also, we weren’t even an NCAA tournament team. We needed to make some significant upgrades to the roster to get back to a tournament team and it doesn’t look like that’s happened so far. Hopefully Red can pull a couple of rabbits out of his hat.

We’re a net decline in the portal. Freeman and Moore are positive additions as freshmen, but at this point I still think there are deficiencies in the roster that haven’t been adequately addressed. Ball handling, shooting and rebounding are still major concerns.
I get ball handling and even shooting but I feel better about overall rebounding this year with Lampkin, Davis and Donnie.

Also, we weren’t even an NCAA tournament team. We needed to make some significant upgrades to the roster to get back to a tournament team and it doesn’t look like that’s happened so far. Hopefully Red can pull a couple of rabbits out of his hat.
Defense is a concern too.

I hope Red lands two more transfers because right now we’re definitely a net decline in talent from last season. He needs to address PG, shooting and depth on the frontcourt. Call me a bit concerned.
Still time left but naturally every day that goes by where spots aren’t filled will create uncertainty and concerns. What a crap shoot this all is, just impossible to build culture and a growth process. It’s a new day and age and some coaches and schools will be better in production for this style of player movement, some will stay the same, and some programs/coaches will decline. Its going to be crucial for AAs success early on to capitalize on the portal

McLeod was still in some sort of boot last night. We need another big, another wing shooter and a legit lead guard. And hopefully they’re good at defense too, but that may be wishful thinking.

McLeod was still in some sort of boot last night. We need another big, another wing shooter and a legit lead guard. And hopefully they’re good at defense too, but that may be wishful thinking.
He told Donna the boot is coming off this week.

Still time left but naturally every day that goes by where spots aren’t filled will create uncertainty and concerns. What a crap shoot this all is, just impossible to build culture and a growth process. It’s a new day and age and some coaches and schools will be better in production for this style of player movement, some will stay the same, and some programs/coaches will decline. Its going to be crucial for AAs success early on to capitalize on the portal
Final day for players to enter the portal is May 1. I think players can be added from the portal until the start of the fall semester. It's going to take some time to sort through the influx and to determine mutual interest.

Red's success in the portal will not be due to a lack of effort or due diligence. NIL is certainly a factor. FWIW, my understanding is that NIL is not as big of a factor as some here fear. But they're not just going to throw money at players without a plan.

Final day for players to enter the portal is May 1. I think players can be added from the portal until the start of the fall semester. It's going to take some time to sort through the influx and to determine mutual interest.

Red's success in the portal will not be due to a lack of effort or due diligence. NIL is certainly a factor. FWIW, my understanding is that NIL is not as big of a factor as some here fear. But they're not just going to throw money at players without a plan.
The plan is we have the #6 recruit in the country coming in, is it throwing money without a plan or is it making sure we have enough talent around a special player.

If this is the excuse, it'll be the same excuse next year and every year after until Red would be gone.

The plan is we have the #6 recruit in the country coming in, is it throwing money without a plan or is it making sure we have enough talent around a special player.

If this is the excuse, it'll be the same excuse next year and every year after until Red would be gone.
My intent is not to offer "excuses." I am sharing information that I am aware of, that's why I included "FWIW" in the post. Obviously, you are free to believe whatever you want.

And sadly never get better.
Never?

Quick Google search. There was a recent study of 62 NBA athletes who suffered foot fractures between 2005 and 2021.

Conclusion: "NBA athletes have a high RTP [return to play] rate after sustaining a foot fracture. Players may experience an initial decrease in playing time and performance when returning to play, however, these variables were found to return to baseline over time. After three seasons, player statistics returned to baseline in mostly every category, including player efficiency rating (PER). We found that players are expected to make a full recovery and return to their previous level of performance, regardless of whether they were treated operatively or not."

Return to Play Following Foot Fractures

Never?

Quick Google search. There was a recent study of 62 NBA athletes who suffered foot fractures between 2005 and 2021.

Conclusion: "NBA athletes have a high RTP [return to play] rate after sustaining a foot fracture. Players may experience an initial decrease in playing time and performance when returning to play, however, these variables were found to return to baseline over time. After three seasons, player statistics returned to baseline in mostly every category, including player efficiency rating (PER). We found that players are expected to make a full recovery and return to their previous level of performance, regardless of whether they were treated operatively or not."

Return to Play Following Foot Fractures
Do 7' or better. Maybe the success rate is better now but it used to be a death sentence for big guys.

I look at it this way. We have guys you have to guard at the four and five next year. Teams did not have to game plan for either spot last year. We’re the same at the two and three. We will be guarded totally different at the point guard position. You can’t play eight feet off Carlos like they did for Judah. I think the biggest beneficiary of Judah not being here will be JJ. His man can’t be sagging or helping off on Bell and JJ. Our offense has much better balance. We have McCleod, Davis, Chance and Cuffe coming off the bench. That’s not bad and we may get more.

Do you really think Red, who has been working up to this job his whole life, is doing this without a plan? He probably has 30 plans. Sometimes 20 yo males are unpredictable and he has to deal with a constantly changing landscape. I wish people would just let him do his thing without the constant negativity. If he fails, then we move on, but no one on this board wants success more than Red.

You can’t play eight feet off Carlos like they did for Judah.

Agreed but Carlos is also much less threat to finish inside in the ACC at 5 foot whatever.

So all these “they won’t sag” posts are ignoring they won’t switch on PNR like they did with Judah’s ability to finish and get fouled. I think folks are going to be disappointed if replacing (strictly on court) Judahs ability with someone who wasn’t even honorable mention All Colonial. Which is why we need another PG who has different skill set than Carlos so we have the ability to mix and match vs matchups

And sadly never get better.
Clingan has had 2 foot injuries at UConn. Never a good thing but he certainly recovered enough to be a force. Hoping McLeod recuperates well from his injury and have an upward trajectory to his career here.