Men's Soccer - 2024 Recruiting / Signing Day | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2024 Recruiting / Signing Day

We famously only took one player in the class of 2023, loading up on transfers.

That does not appear to be the case in the class of 2024.

9 players so far. 3 4 star players. 2 defenders and a mid fielder.

We famously only took one player in the class of 2023, loading up on transfers.

That does not appear to be the case in the class of 2024.

9 players so far. 3 4 star players. 2 defenders and a mid fielder.

I don't know how many of our sr's can come back or will but next year might be a struggle.

I don't know how many of our sr's can come back or will but next year might be a struggle.
No expert on this but here are some thoughts. Hoping people with more knowledge will jump in with contributuions.

At least 9 incoming frosh seems to indicate a lot of roster spots opening.

We have 7 graduate students on the roster. Guessing none of them can come back but that is probably wrong. It looks to me as though Daniel Diaz Bonilla graduated from Princeton in 3 years and likely has another year if he wants it (and SU wants him). I think this probably happens. He finished the year strong.

We also have 10 seniors on the roster. Some of them surely will return. Jeorgio Kocevski for instance, has played 4 years. He surely has a COVID year and I would assume Ian would love for him to come back for it.

Might lose a player or two to the pros too. Thinking Jeorgio is the guy that the pros would be most interested in.

Wigg, Oyegunle, Mikina and Cutler-DeJesus will probably be in the mix on defense. All played at least some this year. Though Mikina might play midfield some too. Assuming here for now that Mikina and Wigg return for their COVID year. Believe a couple of the frosh might also play right away.

At midfield, hoping Jeorgio returns. That is going to be a key. Leveque will surely be counted on to be a big contributor. Diaz Bonilla could play some here. Edwards appears to have a COVID year if he wants it. Leibold was a big contributor but barely played this year. I think he was hurt. He should be a big part of the team. I loved speedy Arber, who like Leibold was only a junior this year. Hope he returns. Wiseman got some playing time here as a frosh and is highly regarded. A couple other guys might also be in the mix, along with true frosh.

At attack, we have Koulakian returning. He is going to play a lot. Rauch might break through. Pagano might be a factor. Dash fav Suski has another year and might return. Diaz Bonilla could see time here. This is a place where we might bring in a transfer or two.

Keeper to me is a mess. We have a lot of guys returning and none have been impressive. Would not be surprised if we lost a couple transferring out and if we brought in a transfer here.

Last edited:
Think I counted 16 players on the field for senior/grad student day.
Sounds like some have COVID year eligibility if they want it.
Would expect a smaller GK room next year.

Could use some up top speed in the freshman or portal class.

Think I counted 16 players on the field for senior/grad student day.
Sounds like some have COVID year eligibility if they want it.
Would expect a smaller GK room next year.

Could use some up top speed in the freshman or portal class.
We have a lot of keepers on the roster. Not sure of any are top notch.

Nell and da Costa might help on defense from day one.

The midfield and defense should be fine. IMHO, the biggest need is a goal scorer up front.

We have a lot of keepers on the roster. Not sure of any are top notch.

Nell and da Costa might help on defense from day one.

The midfield and defense should be fine. IMHO, the biggest need is a goal scorer up front.
I don't think Suski can come back. He played 3 seasons at B.C. and sat out a year and then came to Syracuse. That is 5 years. No injuries that I know of.

I don't think Suski can come back. He played 3 seasons at B.C. and sat out a year and then came to Syracuse. That is 5 years. No injuries that I know of.
Could be. Not sure if the covid year extends the 5 year window.

In any event, he did not thrive here this year and I suspect even if he does have another year, the staff would prefer to find someone else who is a better fit for Syracuse soccer.

Kristjan Fortier is a midfielder from the Toronto area. He is also part of the incoming class.

Some film of Kelvin da Costa. He played for NYCFC (I think their junior academy).

Midfielder. Fast, skilled passer. Effortless style. Excellent tackler too.

Last edited:
I believe Bell was a 4 star recruit. As best I could tell, he played center full. Can’t find a height on him or film but I suspect he is going to be a stalwart for our defense in coming years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom