Class of 2024 - DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game

Apparently, he was extremely rude to some of the football staffers [not coaches, the support staff], way beyond an acceptable degree. So much so that Fran pulled Norman and his parents aside during a large scale recruiting dinner, and told them to go kick rocks even though we needed more size at DT.

I'd be surprised if we got involved with him again [not suggesting that is the point you were making].
Your are always interviewing

Jobs have been lost at meals

Something tells me that we probably don’t know the whole story here and that the coaching staff likely does

Remember, we live in America where you are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

This young man has been charged with something, but that doesn’t mean he definitely did it.

That’s why we have a court with a jury to hear all the evidence

Before we jump down the kids throat or HCFB throat, let’s make sure we know all the facts

Trevor Bauer is a really odd choice here with all the smoke out there, and that charges were dropped on one case due to insufficient evidence. The other stuff out there didn't go to trial.

I would not want Trevor Bauer on my team, either.
You do know his accuser has been indicted for fraud right? The point is an accusation doesn’t mean he is guilty. Not sure how it’s an odd choice … he was accused of rape and was exonerated and she has been indicted … so my point stands.

You do know his accuser has been indicted for fraud right? The point is an accusation doesn’t mean he is guilty. Not sure how it’s an odd choice … he was accused of rape and was exonerated and she has been indicted … so my point stands.
*One* of his accusers. There were 4.

This is more of a general comment than a comment specific to this situation.

I think in some cases it’s perfectly reasonable to respect the legal process/ presumption of innocence and be open to someone getting a second chance, while at the same time not wanting that second chance to be given by an institution or organization you support or are associated with.

This is more of a general comment than a comment specific to this situation.

I think in some cases it’s perfectly reasonable to respect the legal process/ presumption of innocence and be open to someone getting a second chance, while at the same time not wanting that second chance to be given by an institution or organization you support or are associated with.
I think it’s important to remember that it’s not illegal to be an a hole. Just because someone hasn’t been found guilty in a court of law, it doesn’t mean I want them anywhere near anything I care about if there’s enough smoke around them.

It’s always a weird flex to me when people bring up the outlier rape/sexual assault cases where the accused was found innocent, the case had insufficient evidence, or the accuser lied.

Omar White gentlemen.
Who?

This thread is an interesting read though for sure to see how folks project personal feelings on all things onto this one case and player.

Potential criminal activity or innocence aside perhaps 5 months served has had this gent reevaluate things?

JUCO route, preferably Military institution, and perhaps door is open. Talent is there but he looks soft body wise so work out regimen needed and would be good barometer of his dedication.

Coach Fran is from Camden, an area where these situations are not uncommon. He's not one to be fleeced here or anywhere it seems. Also he frequently speaks of his faith and it seems he's willing to extend forgiveness where others of the shared belief structure often do not. End game, hopefully whatever is best for the kid and Syracuse both independently of one another transpire.

The bottom line is, we can all make whatever judgements we want

But in reality, we have to trust Coach Brown.

I really don’t think he would bring someone in who he thinks could potentially be an issue.

He’s a young HC the last thing he wants to do is be blacklisted from the coaching world because he took a bad risk on a young man.

I would bet he’s vetted this out and I’ll trust whatever decision he makes

The bottom line is, we can all make whatever judgements we want

But in reality, we have to trust Coach Brown.

I really don’t think he would bring someone in who he thinks could potentially be an issue.

He’s a young HC the last thing he wants to do is be blacklisted from the coaching world because he took a bad risk on a young man.

I would bet he’s vetted this out and I’ll trust whatever decision he makes
The kid isn't so talented that Fran is going to risk his locker room, reputation, the schools rep, boosters unless he is 100% sure

I see people use "innocent until proven guilty" as a derogatory term. There is a middle ground between "Believe all women" where you have Amber Heards and Araiza's accuser destroying innocent people and "All women are lying Gold diggers". Simply take all accusations seriously and pursue them vigorously, but believe all evidence. You should not ever dismiss an accusation because you "Just don't think he's that kind of guy." But you also should never convict or punish someone simply because "Well why would she lie?" Evidence.
Just look into Thomas Partey and Mason Greenwood for more examples of the other side of the coin. "Charges dropped" does not equal innocence.

It's okay if you want to root for people with checkered pasts, and it's okay if I don't want to root for them.

I'd much rather not have Omar White involved in Syracuse football as it will be harder for me to support the team.

Just look into Thomas Partey and Mason Greenwood for more examples of the other side of the coin. "Charges dropped" does not equal innocence.

It's okay if you want to root for people with checkered pasts, and it's okay if I don't want to root for them.

I'd much rather not have Omar White involved in Syracuse football as it will be harder for me to support the team.
Maybe you have done more research than I have. At this point I don't know what he is or his exact involvement. I am certainly open to keeping his far away from my team depending on what exactly was done. I just don't know that as of yet.

I said on the first page the university would never admit this kid, so if they’re giving the green light then that’s a big deal. That said, giving this kid an OV might be nothing more than trying to get the kid on track in life.

Until he’s been offered and committing there’s really nothing to get worked up about. If it comes to fruition the university green lighting it is a bigger deal than the football coaches giving him a chance. And with all parties involved I’d trust they’re making a vetted out decision because they have all the info.

The kid isn't so talented that Fran is going to risk his locker room, reputation, the schools rep, boosters unless he is 100% sure
He is uber talented.