2024 Seating Changes | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Thank you. We really enjoyed our seats but understand it's going to be a process. I suppose we'll pony up the 4 tickets for 243 and when our slot comes up try to figure out the best seats for us as we can.

The process seems like the old days when you had to register for classes and it went by how many credit hours you had as who goes first and so on.

Which leads to my next question. Say we're tied with 5k people at the same giving level, who out of those picks first? Do I wake up a midnight and "register" as soon as I can to get the best available seats?
I thought about how they will do ties. I assume priority points first will be used. After that...?

This isn't going to be easy.

I thought about how they will do ties. I assume priority points first will be used. After that...?

This isn't going to be easy.
Are most people stuck with the priority pts from their donor money right now? Thats all I see on mine.

But within a level at some pt there will be many many ties.

3600 at captain or above
3300 at varsity
23000 at teammate? can that be right?

I would think those top 5 levels wont contain more than hundreds giving 2500+

All conference probably hundreds
Captain is a bunch of people who buy multiple seats down low, which is probably a large chunk.

If they dont get pts fixed.. You could easily have 1000 or so tied at these different levels.

Are most people stuck with the priority pts from their donor money right now? Thats all I see on mine.

3600 at captain or above
3300 at varsity

Captain is a bunch of people who buy multiple seats down low, which is probably a large chunk.

If they dont get pts fixed.. You could easily have 1000 or so tied at these different levels.
Then you better hope your last name is Aaadams. ;-)

3600 at captain or above
3300 at varsity

If I recall from years past, the top five levels are at least a 1k people, maybe 1500. It used to be less than 1k I think but they've done a better job recruiting donors with the Lally center. Say it is 1500, if each buys an average of four seats, that's 6k seats. But I doubt it's an average of four and to be honest, a lot of the donors in the first few groups are basketball only, too. So you end up with say 500-750 and say an average of three seats gets you to 2k-3k seats, perhaps in the first five groups? The Group 1 is less than 200..

JR probably better suited to fix my math here. Based on parking lot selections in the past, we can probably estimate things too.

My point is most people are going to be fine when they come to pick. Some people prefer lowers in that group. Some of them prefer prime upper deck, too. My son prefers to be closer to the field vs. having a better sight line despite the fact I'd rather be up back more. Everyone has different preferences. I think there is more worry than necessary.

If I recall from years past, the top five levels are at least a 1k people, maybe 1500. It used to be less than 1k I think but they've done a better job recruiting donors with the Lally center. Say it is 1500, if each buys an average of four seats, that's 6k seats. But I doubt it's an average of four and to be honest, a lot of the donors in the first few groups are basketball only, too. So you end up with say 500-750 and say an average of three seats gets you to 2k-3k seats, perhaps in the first five groups? The Group 1 is less than 200..

JR probably better suited to fix my math here. Based on parking lot selections in the past, we can probably estimate things too.

My point is most people are going to be fine when they come to pick. Some people prefer lowers in that group. Some of them prefer prime upper deck, too. My son prefers to be closer to the field vs. having a better sight line despite the fact I'd rather be up back more. Everyone has different preferences. I think there is more worry than necessary.
We probably have enough information to complete that matrix.
I can contribute that at Level 4-ACC Champion there are 193 donors. And by subtracting my rank within my level from my total rank I can see there are 328 in the top 3 levels.

What do others see in any different levels?

I Agree I dont think most have much to worry about getting moved more than a few rows or side to side for fball.

What will happen though, is say the person in the 200 front row might get sniped, or the aisle seat might get lost.

Bball is going to be the tougher issue.

SU probably doesnt want people to know, but we have rankings within sport if people are bball or fball only, but when they open this up does donor ranking matter or fball ranking matter? could someone with bball only jump in and take fball seats?

I Agree I dont think most have much to worry about getting moved more than a few rows or side to side for fball.

What will happen though, is say the person in the 200 front row might get sniped, or the aisle seat might get lost.

Bball is going to be the tougher issue.

SU probably doesnt want people to know, but we have rankings within sport if people are bball or fball only, but when they open this up does donor ranking matter or fball ranking matter? could someone with bball only jump in and take fball seats?
In theory a bball only with a high donor ranking could. However, they could have bought tickets before too. There have been good seats available. I suspect this wont be much of an issue.

I can contribute that at Level 4-ACC Champion there are 193 donors. And by subtracting my rank within my level from my total rank I can see there are 328 in the top 3 levels.

I suspect this is a little lighter than usual, at least for groups 3-5 as season ticket donations push people up a bit. But it's a helpful exercise regardless.

It just seems that there a tons of people in the lowest level when even 2 tickets gets you in varsity level.

I wonder how many people fit in the years of STH as well with the 20 yr cutoff a bunch will have that amount of points in equal ways.

You also need to take into account the Suites and Club seats. Those will be taken by many of the higher donors vs your average Joe's seat, even in Section 101.

I believe last year's FB counted for 2022-23 so everyone is a bit lower than they usually are since only BBall payments were after June 30th.

I am usually in ACC but currently I am All American. Yet if I renew both FB and BBall before May 1 I will be National Champ.

So it looks like there are 963 currently in the Top 5 categories. Which will increase once people pay up before May.

I believe last year's FB counted for 2022-23 so everyone is a bit lower than they usually are since only BBall payments were after June 30th.

I am usually in ACC but currently I am All American. Yet if I renew both FB and BBall before May 1 I will be National Champ.

So it looks like there are 963 currently in the Top 5 categories. Which will increase once people pay up before May.

There are 1172 people in the All-Conference level. So the Top 6 levels appear to have 2,135 people.

But as you point out, this is all going to change as people make new donations for 2024 tickets and possibly additional donations to try to increase their standing for seat selection.