2024 Seating Changes | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Your lucky you heard back. I filled out the form right after it was sent out with my two preferred games to meet with the rep and never heard anything back.

Yikes

It’s also important to note that Ottos army doesn’t want to have individual seats and wants the benches to remain

However thats a tall task to ask them to not do a few sections of individual seats so they will be getting individual seats
yikes. this sounds like a mess over all. Though the students end up skipping half the games even when we're good so not sure they should get a permanent say here (even though they have been great). Only way they keep benches is by having them sit in an endzone presumably? Are they relocating to a non basketball side? Guess keeping them on a basketball side would help increase capacity there...

I dont get how you can do any of this with the current concrete structure underneath and not make it worse. I would have been fine with just increasing the spacing of each seat and having permanent seatbacks in lower level. They could have had premium cushy seats in the 40s-50.

Then add cup holders on back of seat in front would have been nice in an ideal world.

I don't envy anyone involved in this process.

yikes. this sounds like a mess over all. Though the students end up skipping half the games even when we're good so not sure they should get a permanent say here (even though they have been great). Only way they keep benches is by having them sit in an endzone presumably? Are they relocating to a non basketball side? Guess keeping them on a basketball side would help increase capacity there...

I dont get how you can do any of this with the current concrete structure underneath and not make it worse. I would have been fine with just increasing the spacing of each seat and having permanent seatbacks in lower level. They could have had premium cushy seats in the 40s-50.

Then add cup holders on back of seat in front would have been nice in an ideal world.

I think the tough part with the students with it being a multi venue stadium, there’s no “good” spot to leave just benches for them

I also don’t envy them at all, it’s not an easy process in any way shape or form and your probably going to piss off more than a couple people no matter what

I think the tough part with the students with it being a multi venue stadium, there’s no “good” spot to leave just benches for them

I also don’t envy them at all, it’s not an easy process in any way shape or form and your probably going to piss off more than a couple people no matter what
ah true. the basketball spot makes it hard. I forgot about that. how do they manage band seats too?

It’s also important to note that Ottos army doesn’t want to have individual seats and wants the benches to remain

However thats a tall task to ask them to not do a few sections of individual seats so they will be getting individual seats

They could have and should have left students in bleachers. Just put them in the corners. So 104-107 and 110-113 for both FB and BBall, plus 119-122 and 125-128 for FB.

My personal opinion which doesn’t count for much…

Was for them to do just the “seat back” cushions that they have for all of the 300 level. Just install them permanently up there.

It wouldn’t have reduced any seating, it probably would have cut costs and would have been installed quicker

I think most people in the 300s would have been happy with that.

I believe the 300 level with the new seats will be a bit tight
Biggest problem I had with the seat backs is that there was no rigidity in them. Some felt that they could lean back in their seats, so we end up with Waldorf and Statler from The Muppet Show lying back n our laps. Had to move to Row A this year to combat that.
Seating, especially in the upper deck, and lack of air conditioning were the top complaints in surveys in the years before everyone was glued to their phones and needed enhanced connectivity. Glad it is being addressed though it will be a challenge for me to keep my basketball seats.

Frankly the students don't sit down anyway and squeeze way more bodies in each row than there are seats. Fold up seats should actually be better for them than aluminum benches I would think. Although they won't make as much noise when you bang on them/

Frankly the students don't sit down anyway and squeeze way more bodies in each row than there are seats. Fold up seats should actually be better for them than aluminum benches I would think. Although they won't make as much noise when you bang on them/
The only solution is modified benches in blue on the non basketball side end zone. Frankly it makes a ton of sense. Put them there, overflow in 200s or 300s. A side effect is increased seating capacity too. Most of these kids do not need 21" seats. Heck most of the coeds go to Manny's and buy Boy Large shirts and cut them with scissors to show more skin.

The only solution is modified benches in blue on the non basketball side end zone. Frankly it makes a ton of sense. Put them there, overflow in 200s or 300s. A side effect is increased seating capacity too. Most of these kids do not need 21" seats. Heck most of the coeds go to Manny's and buy Boy Large shirts and cut them with scissors to show more skin.
Non basketball side end zone - If you mean sections 122 - 126, not a prayer. Those become high priced side court seats for basketball.

Non basketball side end zone - If you mean sections 122 - 126, not a prayer. Those become high priced side court seats for basketball.
Only two hours for a game...deal with it LOL

They can pad the benches and give them 21" and a flat back. Their prize is the best view of the court.

The FB students can ignore the numbering and sit general admission

I don't think we want to shove the students in the non basketball side into exclusively 200 and 300 seats

? I assume they have figured out the weight of the movable stands with heavier seating?

I agree with most here. I have had seats in the end zone for 20 plus years. I like the seat backs... I am comfortable for the most part. When I attend games at NBT for the "Mets" I am always annoyed by the seats folding up when I get up and down... I do a lot more of the that at a CUSE game! My two cents

So if I understand things correctly, a ticket rep will reach out to STH to discuss seating options this month?

I would think that they are waiting until the schedule is finalized to announce the pricing.

I would hope that they are smart enough to have an area in the concourse of the Dome with sample seats for the Spring Game. With the reduced capacity choosing where one sits can be a lifetime decision. It would be nice if we could try out sample seats before making that decision. If there is a big difference one might want to change from 300 level to 100 level. And Same for A vs B vs C, etc.

Are they using donations from this fiscal year or last for priority? If it is this season then seat choices won't take place until July, which seems very late in the process. Even worse if we do indeed have a Week 0 home game. We probably should be looking to move the Ohio game back a few weeks too.

I have been through “ my cuse account” I wanted to put down deposit early just in case it mattered for seat selection ( Season Ticket Renewal) There is no place for renewal deposit only for new seasons. So are they saying not until February?

I just finished a project remodeling a conference room in a manufacturing facility so they can utilize newer visual boards and VR technology. Technically the project was a piece of cake, so I expected it to be easy.

I did not anticipate the political challenges in dealing with numerous people unhappy with every design decision. The entire project was an endless nightmare.

I have empathy for those leading this remodel - this is my relatively little project X roughly 1000.

I have been through “ my cuse account” I wanted to put down deposit early just in case it mattered for seat selection ( Season Ticket Renewal) There is no place for renewal deposit only for new seasons. So are they saying not until February?

Yes. I did the same as you, called my ticket rep, and was told not to worry and I'd get a call back in February.

They have to know how many home games before they set a price. I suspect many want to know when the games are as well before throwing down money.

Now they could set the price, and then not change it, if one more home game showed up.

Better pay in full or else your priority rating will suffer. Learned that lesson the hard way last year when I wanted to buy parking passes. Back of the line for me because I paid in installments. Still salty about it