2024 Seating Changes | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Everyone’s seats will be relocated

As far as Syracuse is concerned, your seats no longer exist

I have been told this NUMEROUS times by many people, high and low, within the athletic department

Remember when everyone moved from Archbold to the Dome back in 1980.

Not only did your old seats no longer exist, the entire old stadium did not exist.

I remember going to the ticket office at Manley with my uncle and looking at a paper seating chart to see what seats were available. It was like filling in your name on a Super Bowl board.

Remember when everyone moved from Archbold to the Dome back in 1980.

Not only did your old seats no longer exist, the entire old stadium did not exist.

I remember going to the ticket office at Manley with my uncle and looking at a paper seating chart to see what seats were available. It was like filling in your name on a Super Bowl board.
except everybody one by being in the dome

Everyone’s seats will be relocated

As far as Syracuse is concerned, your seats no longer exist

I have been told this NUMEROUS times by many people, high and low, within the athletic department
This is very disappointing as it goes against what the reps were saying earlier on in the season.

except everybody one by being in the dome
you mean when we went from 25000 people to a place that held 50K? Every seat was better as well.

And Buffalo is going thru this exact thing in a couple years. Less Seats, with PSL and higher cost STH and a total change in many of the seats in how the weather is going to treat you in that new stadium. just like SU people are pissed.. And thats on top of the parking changes that has pissed people off as well.

The issue isnt that they have to change things to make this happen, its that they are months 8 months away from the first game and no one has any idea, they want people to put deposits down on new seats, we dont know location or seat type or cost.

if they are sitting there in Mid Jan and have no plan on moving people or cost thats nuts. The seat changes were disigned into the new place years ago whether they implement it. They had a choice in the size of seats and that changed the overall numbers for sure. Still they shouldnt be scrambling now.

they could always delay a yr, leave the new seats in boxes in trucks until they figure it out.

Last edited:
This is very disappointing as it goes against what the reps were saying earlier on in the season.

If a rep told you differently they were misinformed.

I’ve been told this for the last year plus

They will try to find you seats in a comparable location

However, as I said, Syracuse sees the dome with the new seats as a completely new venue and therefore those old seats of yours no longer exist

The plan over the next few months, after the pricing is announced, is to work with the returning season ticket holders to find out what is important to them and what their needs are.

Let’s see if this happens

If a rep told you differently they were misinformed.

I’ve been told this for the last year plus

They will try to find you seats in a comparable location

However, as I said, Syracuse sees the dome with the new seats as a completely new venue and therefore those old seats of yours no longer exist

The plan over the next few months, after the pricing is announced, is to work with the returning season ticket holders to find out what is important to them and what their needs are.

Let’s see if this happens
People are going to be furious, I don’t think many people know this. I’m only going on my third year and don’t want to change seat neighbors. Can’t imagine how those who have had their seats for decades will feel; as you know it’s not only where you sit but who you’re sitting near.

People are going to be furious, I don’t think many people know this. I’m only going on my third year and don’t want to change seat neighbors. Can’t imagine how those who have had their seats for decades will feel; as you know it’s not only where you sit but who you’re sitting near.

A lot of handwringing in this thread over what is probably a big nothing. There are still a lot more seats than season ticket holders.

If you don't like where you end up in 2024, you switch in 2025. You're purchasing season tickets; not contracting herpes.

Well, that probably depends on who your neighbors will be. In other words...

giphy.gif

Technically speaking your old seats don’t exist and will be renumbered etc. but you could end up in more or less the same exact spot, with just different numbers. It just depends who picks ahead of you. A lot of people will be picking where they already are and won’t be looking to move either. So I think most people will be happy.

Some of our seatmates were using it as an opportunity to move to a different part of the stadium though too. They viewed it as a nice change. But think most folks will be fine (outside of some of the high premium areas).

Technically speaking your old seats don’t exist and will be renumbered etc. but you could end up in more or less the same exact spot, with just different numbers. It just depends who picks ahead of you. A lot of people will be picking where they already are and won’t be looking to move either. So I think most people will be happy.

Some of our seatmates were using it as an opportunity to move to a different part of the stadium though too. They viewed it as a nice change. But think most folks will be fine (outside of some of the high premium areas).

Unless of course, your seats are where the new student section may or may not be moved to………….

Sad. And the thing is, if someone donates more money than you and wants your seats….see ya! Longevity means nothing. Learned that the hard way. And it’s a one off. Someone donates more money than you this year and gets your seats, they have them forever, no more donations needed.

Longevity will come into play. Not as much as it should but it will. You’ll get bonus points for every year up to 20 years.

But it’s not really, because in order to get credit for the new seats, you have to have all the money in by May 1…

Normally a payment plan gets you until August.

If they wanted it to be done for people on payment plans they should have done renewals back in November so people could have their money credited on to their account by May 1st
Just saying that some people like to spread out payments for cash flow reasons, not donor rank related. If they waited until after donor rank lock in May and subsequent seat selection you would have to come up with full payment in a few weeks instead of six months. And to be clear, you do get full credit toward Giving Level, which is the first sort criteria in donor rank, as soon as you commit. You accrue priority points, which is the second sort criteria, as payments are submitted.

they were supposed to have test seats in the fall

They were unfortunately behind schedule and didn’t come in

I would assume they are in by now and likely will be displayed somewhere during the basketball season and spring game but also, I can’t be 100% positive on that
Did not see them anywhere on Wednesday night. At least not in the backcourt area where I assume they would be.

They don’t care. It is the money. I was told numerous times that maybe I should buy basketball seasons, or, pay more money to move up in donation level. Longevity wasn’t a consideration
You honestly don't have all the relevant information, nor do you understand the critical decision making that has gone in the process. Buy me a beer sometime and we can chat. I have some real issues with the finalized process, but it is much superior to the original plan. Longevity is factored in, but is not the primary sort criterion that some would like. The Donor Rank process is really pretty solid for annual type benefits like parking and post season ticket priority but is problematic for several reasons when applied as designed for perennial benefits like renewable seat locations.

There are fewer seats, particularly in the lower bowl and some people will be disproportionately inconvenienced so that all can benefit, but expectation is the football impact will be much less severe than many are fearing.

Did not see them anywhere on Wednesday night. At least not in the backcourt area where I assume they would be.

They had them in the eating and drinking area where courtside seat holders go vs Pitt.

You honestly don't have all the relevant information, nor do you understand the critical decision making that has gone in the process. Buy me a beer sometime and we can chat. I have some real issues with the finalized process, but it is much superior to the original plan. Longevity is factored in, but is not the primary sort criterion that some would like. The Donor Rank process is really pretty solid for annual type benefits like parking and post season ticket priority but is problematic for several reasons when applied as designed for perennial benefits like renewable seat locations.

There are fewer seats, particularly in the lower bowl and some people will be disproportionately inconvenienced so that all can benefit, but expectation is the football impact will be much less severe than many are fearing.
Just repeating what I was told

I waited years to get the seats I have now. They no longer exist

I missed it, are they moving the student section for football and if so, to where?