2024 Seating Changes | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Reality the process should have started with your donor rank

With donor rank it counts $$$$$ given in a lifetime and also for the year. You could than had given bonus points for longevity.

This would have been the easiest and fairest way to go forward and still encourage people to give more $$$

Why Syracuse athletics did NOT use that, is absolutely beyond me. This has been a fight for a year plus that a few of us on this board have been trying to fight but fell into mostly death ears.
I think you mean “with Priority Points”’ right. Donor Rank is the overall process that starts with Giving Level then sub-sorts by points.

I almost gave you the dreaded formally ladies eighties shoe although I wouldn't mind having friends sitting next to us. I don't mind moving sections, I just want to stay in the front row and would pay extra for convenience. There is no way one of our ticket holders can navigate a tightly spaced row and he doesn't want to get an ADA seat and sit by himself.
Of course I’m joking, but a big reason I chose my now former seat is because it was in the front row.

Yes all those contribute to your priority points. You are correct. But what I’m saying is the donor level you are, all conference, all American, ACC champion etc is based upon how much you gave this year. Your priority points and longevity bonus points only help you within your donor level.

So, for sake of argument, if my donor rank is 3,500, but my rank within my donor level is 150, am I still the 3,500th person they reach out to choose my seat?

So, for sake of argument, if my donor rank is 3,500, but my rank within my donor level is 150, am I still the 3,500th person they reach out to choose my seat?

I’m not sure. Donor rank is based upon priority points and doesn’t consider what level you are. It could be worse. Everyone in the donor levels above you regardless of their points go before you as well as the 149 ahead of you on your level.

I didn’t mind the Bench seating and I fear the new seats will be like the ones at the old Montreal Expos stadium

Otherwise. Change is good.

And I can still get cheap seats that I rarely use as I live 5 hours away

Win win

Some of it is because that’s where the student entrance is, so it’s much easier for them to get students into the door and then into the student section

Here’s a kick in the nuts, Ottos Army didn’t really want to be moved
They were near the team entrance to the field…I’m in that end zone. It’s awesome to see the energy to the entrance. I hope I’m not bumped by people coming from the opposite end zone.

Hoop wise, the issue for me isn’t price its location. Been in a front row for ever….now likely moved back a few rows, could be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Man, I just sat through 12 hours of annual training today just dying to look at my phone knowing the email dropped! Very happy with the pricing and glad to see we have some firm dates going forward.

It’s a new era. Accept that things are changing and adapt.

I’ve bounced around, from 15 rows up on the aisle in 101, to the tip top row between the goal posts, and everywhere in between. It will be fine wherever you sit.

so what does it mean when the donor rank is now zero? is that because of not giving more money recently? I had a rank a few weeks ago when i looked.

It’s a new era. Accept that things are changing and adapt.

I’ve bounced around, from 15 rows up on the aisle in 101, to the tip top row between the goal posts, and everywhere in between. It will be fine wherever you sit.
Sight lines in the dome are the best in college football. We’re all spoiled by this but there are lots of amazing seats in the dome. i think people will find they have lots of good options to choose from when they pick.

On student section - As I understand it they had to move the band right? And if they moved the band, why not move the students too and have it all together? Also with losing seats, moving students out of prime home sideline seats was probably a benefit to everyone as it let them keep certain prices lower. I think it’ll be very cool having students in an end zone and will be a better experience in terms of intimidation. But who knows.

I went thru the release again, There really is nothing that actually explains the whole process.

I says review your rank but doesnt really say where it is or why its zero now.

I mumbles some stuff about priority "Donor Rank includes 'Cuse Athletics Fund annual membership level and priority points and is used to ensure that all benefits are allocated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner. " and how you get pts for only up to 20 yrs of tickets.

But nothing really explains anything.

It looks like if you haven't donated any money the last 2 weeks you have no donor rank at all?

I went thru the release again, There really is nothing that actually explains the whole process.

I says review your rank but doesnt really say where it is or why its zero now.

I mumbles some stuff about priority "Donor Rank includes 'Cuse Athletics Fund annual membership level and priority points and is used to ensure that all benefits are allocated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner. " and how you get pts for only up to 20 yrs of tickets.

But nothing really explains anything.

It looks like if you haven't donated any money the last 2 weeks you have no donor rank at all?
That doesn’t sound right. Your ranking should include everything for this donor year, which goes back longer than just two weeks. Mine shows for everything going back farther.

That doesn’t sound right. Your ranking should include everything for this donor year, which goes back longer than just two weeks. Mine shows for everything going back farther.

Thank you for visiting the Donor Rank Page.​

If you are seeing this page then you do not have an active Donor Rank at this time.

There are a few reasons this could be the case:
  1. You have not made a donation in 2023-2024 to an Athletics Fund
  2. You do not have season tickets in 2023-2024
  3. Your current season tickets do not have a required seat-related 'CAF membership (women's basketball general admission, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse)
I find no way to actually get to the donor rank page except for book mark..

I believe it resets on January 1?

Which means until you renew your seats you won’t have any points etc.

It’s literally going to depend on how much money is donated between Jan 1 and May 1

Could be mistaken about this but that’s how I remember it from previous years with Parking

Upon further review

If you haven’t donated since October you will have no ranking….

“Donor Rank for the 2024 Seat Selection Process will be calculated from October 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024. “

Because most of us have already bought and paid for our seasons for basketball and football by that point, we all have no ranking unless of course you’ve donated money recently which I know many have to try and get ahead of the curve

This is an absolute mess if you ask me

I believe it resets on January 1?

Which means until you renew your seats you won’t have any points etc.

It’s literally going to depend on how much money is donated between Jan 1 and May 1

Could be mistaken about this but that’s how I remember it from previous years with Parking
At least before i could see my ranking information like captain or varsity or whatever? where did all that go?

if it resets then isn't most everyone at zero now?

Upon further review

“Donor Rank for the 2024 Seat Selection Process will be calculated from October 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024. “

Because most of us have already bought and paid for our seasons for basketball and football by that point, we all have no ranking unless of course you’ve donated money recently which I know many have to try and get ahead of the curve

yes they changed it last year. I think they could have incorporated the last two years or as you suggested before, made it about lifetime giving. Or some longer period. But they’re clearly trying to get people to donate more now. Not sure how effective it’ll be. I think most people won’t and at the really high end, it won’t matter. Maybe it’ll force people to move up a group or two if you’re close to one level.

Upon further review

If that is true then no one really has any idea of how this plays out? Its not very clear what Donor rank vs Priority pts means at all.

At least before i could see my ranking information like captain or varsity or whatever? where did all that go?

if it resets then isn't most everyone at zero now?
You should be able to see yours. I just logged in and saw mine. Try going this route. Don’t use a bookmark.

yes they changed it last year. I think they could have incorporated the last two years or as you suggested before, made it about lifetime giving. Or some longer period. But they’re clearly trying to get people to donate more now. Not sure how effective it’ll be. I think most people won’t and at the really high end, it won’t matter. Maybe it’ll force people to move up a group or two if you’re close to one level.
How many people ever give money other than by buying tickets. Other than this board I don't know anybody with STs that has ever donated money in anyway but have had tickets for years.

How many people ever give money other than by buying tickets. Other than this board I don't know anybody with STs that has ever donated money in anyway but have had tickets for years.
I think that’s why it really won’t matter for many folks.

It's the lack of information right now and uncertainty that is driving the angst. Or if you have seats that are going to students…then you know you’re screwed. Only other ones who could be really upset are folks in the new premium seats behind the bench. But that’s not a huge area so folks can move up or over slightly. Most people will be fine.

If that is true then no one really has any idea of how this plays out? Its not very clear what Donor rank vs Priority pts means at all.

No it’s very clear, it’s just some have decided not to learn what it is

Consigliere has explained it very well multiple times

He’s the best at explaining it out, perhaps he can do it again

I also believe many people have an error when it is saying no points, think they are doing a lot of work on stuff behind the scenes