2024 Seating Changes | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I think that’s why it really won’t matter for many folks.

It's the lack of information right now and uncertainty that is driving the angst. Or if you have seats that are going to students…then you know you’re screwed. Only other ones who could be really upset are folks in the new premium seats behind the bench. But that’s not a huge area so folks can move up or over slightly. Most people will be fine.
Unless you have an aisle and don't want to pay nearly double the amount, and don't have an answer as to how the refund process works if you pay in February and hate the available seats in May during your selection - other than that everything is great. Tremendous communication again by SU.

This is a major change the communication from the school should have eliminated angst not created it.

Some of it is because that’s where the student entrance is, so it’s much easier for them to get students into the door and then into the student section

Here’s a kick in the nuts, Ottos Army didn’t really want to be moved
Of course they didn't. The hard core football students got great seats on the sidelines. We have about 300 students who really get into Football. The rest are there for the event.

I guess on the positive side. When the "event students" leave at halftime it'll be end zone seats vacated.

Of course they didn't. The hard core football students got great seats on the sidelines. We have about 300 students who really get into Football. The rest are there for the event.

I guess on the positive side. When the "event students" leave at halftime it'll be end zone seats vacated.

The whole thing will look really good on TV. And it's a TV show.

Biggest issue for me is moving the student section. When they expanded it last year or year before, they displaced one of my friends. He moved to what is now going to be the new student section causing him to be displaced again. Not sure he will renew after that. He was already pissed the way he was treated after being displaced the first time. Also moving the entire student section away from the home team tunnel is really stupid IMO. The east endzone is going to look ridiculous in the 2nd half of most games with regular STH in the 200's and nobody above or below them. Can't even hide it from the cameras on PATs. What where they thinking? Closer to the student entrance? Students have the least amount of mobility issues of all STHs, give me a break. They can't walk 1/2 the dome?

So if I’m understanding this correctly, to really make a jump in priority seat picking I could donate an extra $400 to go from Varsity ($100) to Captain ($500), anything less would essentially move my donar rank lower within Varsity?

Every season ticket includes a donation.
i agree. But if we sell 20k or so of seasons and everyone buys on avg 4 then only 5k of people are involved in the seating process.

Everyone buying roughly 2 tickets or more in level F or higher will become a captain level. 4 seats makes you all conferences.

The main concern is that you could actually get a higher donor level just by buying better seats, but you cant do that until you donate to a higher donor level in which case you might be double dipping..

Then you could donate to a higher level and find out the better seats you want are not even available.

The people in the lower level donor rankings are the also the ones who will be most compressed because they lost the most seats. you cant just move the entire upper deck together without some issues.

It feels like they reserved about 2-3x as many student seats as what is getting used now? But in doing that the empty seats will be mostly in one area.. they could tarp some of that and make it look better perhaps?

You are going to have a chunk of people who just eat the price upgrade.. You are going to have a chunk who move within a section or so of where they are now.. Then you are going to have a chunk who decide to down grade and that number of seats is being severely down graded in number available.

So if I’m understanding this correctly, to really make a jump in priority seat picking I could donate an extra $400 to go from Varsity ($100) to Captain ($500), anything less would essentially move my donar rank lower within Varsity?
David, this is correct. If anyone decides to donate more money to move up in the pecking order for seat selection, be sure to focus on the level you are at now and what it would take to move up to another level.

Priority Grouping​

1 Director of Athletics Cabinet $50,000
2 Hall of Fame $25,000
3 National Champion $10,000
4 ACC Champion $5,000
5 All-American $2,500
6 All-Conference $1,000
7 Captain $500
8 Varsity $100
9 Orange Teammate $44

In your example, it wouldn't be very meaningful to donate anything less than $400.

Donating less than that just moves you up among the people in the Varsity level pool.

But depending on your current level, it might be a good idea to even make a small donation to get ahead of others in that level. SUAD does provide the number of people in your level to give you a rough idea how much you might move up with a donation that does not take you to the next level.

Yes. The best bang for your buck is to make a one time donation to get you to the next level.

You might be about the lowest guy in Captain but you'll be ahead of every person in the donor classifications below.

You just have to decide how important it is to get first row, aisle, close to concessions, etc...

Just remember every year only 85 to 90% renew seasons. So you might be able to move to better seats in the next 1-3 seasons.

Last edited:
An additional donation that is not enough to move you up to captain will move to a better rank in Varsity. On one hand, there are likely a large number of donors within that level, so a small donation could jump you a large number of slots. However, since you are a relatively new donor once they apply the longevity points you will likely be passed by many more.

where does it state that donating money moves you up inside a rank though and how much? Say you have like 50 priority pts within Varsity. DO you throw $100 at it and wait and see if you move up? Then $100 more? You dont really know if it will move at all since there is nothing showing how far ahead or behind you are. Is a $1 donation the same as a priority pt?

Like my level says i have 1 priority pt. Season pts are capped at 20 yrs so shouldnt that be like 20 or some number other than 1?

An additional donation that is not enough to move you up to captain will move to a better rank in Varsity. On one hand, there are likely a large number of donors within that level, so a small donation could jump you a large number of slots. However, since you are a relatively new donor once they apply the longevity points you will likely be passed by many more.
I’m currently 1988/ 3324 within Varsity. Was thinking about maybe donating an extra $100 or so but not sure if it will have enough of an impact. There’s no such thing as “wasted” donations to the CAF, but I do of course want any potential donation to serve my intended purpose.

Probably will keep everything as is and let the chips fall where they may and pick our seats from that. We’re relocating sections so this feels like an important step.

Mark

Who is ahead of whom here:

$150 donor with 20 priority points vs
$300 donor with 10 priority points?

My understanding is priority points is the most important thing with each donor classification.
So...the $150 fan picks first. Amirite?

There seem to be a ton of ADA seats and at good prices. Seems like a loophole for people only wanting individual game tickets to big games. For example, if non ADA section 101 is sold out, SU can sell ADA 101 to anyone.

The east endzone is going to look ridiculous in the 2nd half of most games with regular STH in the 200's and nobody above or below them. Can't even hide it from the cameras on PATs. What where they thinking?
I heard Fran is only planning on going for 2. No more PATs.

can they sell ADA to anyone though? I didn't think they could because you have to have the walk up available for those and until well into the game.

can they sell ADA to anyone though? I didn't think they could because you have to have the walk up available for those and until well into the game.

I believe if the section is otherwise sold out, SU can sell to anyone. It doesn't mean they will, but they can.

Mark

Who is ahead of whom here:

$150 donor with 20 priority points vs
$300 donor with 10 priority points?

My understanding is priority points is the most important thing with each donor classification.
So...the $150 fan picks first. Amirite?
my question as well. It doesnt seem like move unless you change levels does anything unless it gets you priority pts as well?

In theory you could donate $500 to go to the next level.. Or buy a few more seats and get to the next level but have seats as well for a bit more money.

Like my level says i have 1 priority pt. Season pts are capped at 20 yrs so shouldnt that be like 20 or some number other than 1?

Yeah, this part is misleading too. I don't know where the season ticket priority points are hidden but they're not on the donor rank page.

I have priority points for prior year giving, but nothing listed for the 15 years I've had with the same season ticket. My priority points are 9 total (I used to give a lot more before these kids starting sucking all the money out of me like a vacuum).

We can't have more than 10 ADA game day entrants looking to buy a ticket at the Kiosk. Just seems like too many seats set aside.