2024 Seating Changes | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I don’t mind change, it is a constant. I also am not overly troubled by the price increase. What I can’t accept is paying for seats BEFORE I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE! This to me is arrogance on SU’s part and taking their entire customer base for granted. I have been a season ticket holder since 1981. I have my wife about 50% convinced to drop them and I won’t look back. Lots of other things to do in the fall besides SU Football and leaf raking.
I don't even mind paying prior - but the fact that they don't have a plan to refund anyone who is not happy is insane and typical of SU Athletics. Arrogance.

Also an important piece that MOST of you are missing is that your previous seats, NO LONGER EXIST

Although you’re “renewing” this season, you WILL be picking new seats, somewhere in the dome, no matter what.

Your seat is NOT and will NOT be held and no longer exists.

If someone selects earlier than you and they happen to choose your seat, it’s now that persons seat.

So while a lot are being displaced due to the student section, others MAY be displaced as well

This is a critical piece that I don't believe most fans understand. Keep this in mind when making any decisions.

I don't even mind paying prior - but the fact that they don't have a plan to refund anyone who is not happy is insane and typical of SU Athletics. Arrogance.

There is a plan for refund but obviously, from a business stand point, they aren’t going to advertise that very much

Which does make sense to me

I believe SUAD is planning to refunds for fans who pony up money for season tickets without knowing where they will be for sure, and end up unhappy with their new location.

Believe this will also apply to any donations made in this time period to get better positioning to select season tickets.

That's not entirely accurate. There is the ability to get a refund if it doesn't work out.
in the Carlson article on dot com Mr. Ball didn't vocalize - where is the plan stated for me to read it?

I believe SUAD is planning to refunds for fans who pony up money for season tickets without knowing where they will be for sure, and end up unhappy with their new location.

Believe this will also apply to any donations made in this time period to get better positioning to select season tickets.
This is my single biggest concern. At the time of seat selection I could easily envision a scenario where my wife and I want to move over to another "lower cost" section if seats on the aisle are available, as an example, or if the seats are closer to the field/court etc. There has to be a mechanism to refund the difference...

Actually looking at the map again I think those last 4 rows are not all ADA. I thought they were at first but just the one row appears to be ADA. So there might not be as many ADA seats as I was thinking.

I still think those last few rows should be Club Seats.

From the interactive map we know 301 A-H is $575. And we know M is $400. Somewhere between the two the price changes. Even H vs M it is hard to justify choosing H for $175. You can get a 3rd seat in M for only $50 more.

in the Carlson article on dot com Mr. Ball didn't vocalize - where is the plan stated for me to read it?

It's not in the article but it is an option.

No it’s very clear, it’s just some have decided not to learn what it is

Consigliere has explained it very well multiple times

He’s the best at explaining it out, perhaps he can do it again

I also believe many people have an error when it is saying no points, think they are doing a lot of work on stuff behind the scenes

Oh great, so my donor rank (which is currently accurate based on my season ticket payments) will likely go down from what it is now because others payments are not being reflected properly. I don't understand how it's this bad. Seems like a simple thing and a bit of testing prior to releasing this information would have solved some of these issues.

Looks like the last few rows behind ADA have obstructed views. Hopefully the virtual venue is not accurate or people in those seats will not be happy. You cannot see between the numbers and the home sideline.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.38.05 PM Small.jpeg

If I had to guess, season ticket holders will probably renew in a section and row as close to where they've been as possible because that's where you like sitting and it's in your budget range. I know I will be. If that's the case, there shouldn't be as much disruption as we think. And let's remember all of our attendance threads...it's tough to get people to the dome. There are probably 20K of us tops fighting for 42K seats. We will be ok.

If I had to guess, season ticket holders will probably renew in a section and row as close to where they've been as possible because that's where you like sitting and it's in your budget range. I know I will be. If that's the case, there shouldn't be as much disruption as we think. And let's remember all of our attendance threads...it's tough to get people to the dome. There are probably 20K of us tops fighting for 42K seats. We will be ok.

A couple things….

While that is generally true about where people will want to sit, you’re forgetting they are moving the student section. By moving this student section where they it is, it is one of the top sell through areas in the dome. Not as high as home sideline but still up there. All of these people now need to find a home. Their new home might be your area.

There is also going to be some that were in a lower section, that now might have the opportunity to bump up their donation, select ahead of you and get into a spot they wanted. That now will displace you and so on and so forth.

Also there is 42k capacity, with the student section that puts you at about 37k. Now, I know for a fact the Sunday after Kyle McCord committed to Syracuse, the box office got 152 new season ticket deposits on that one day alone. Now factor minimum 2 seats for every deposit and that’s about 300 new season ticket holders in just one single day.

While tickets may still be plentiful, people who are attached to their seats and the people around them are certainly going to be disappointed

They haven’t moved the student section in as long as I can rememver

They expanded it recently
That’s what I was counting, as I’m referring to the context of displacing STH.

The fact that there are season tickets available on the 20 yard line for $100 is mind numbing to me.

Not sure where you’re getting that number? If getting it from virtual venue those numbers do not include the donation you must make to get those tickets….

The virtual venue is pretty interesting. Looks like in the lower bowl they are removing 5-7 rows to accommodate expanded ADA seating with a few spare rows behind.

How does ADA ticketing work?

A couple things….

While that is generally true about where people will want to sit, you’re forgetting they are moving the student section. By moving this student section where they it is, it is one of the top sell through areas in the dome. Not as high as home sideline but still up there. All of these people now need to find a home. Their new home might be your area.

There is also going to be some that were in a lower section, that now might have the opportunity to bump up their donation, select ahead of you and get into a spot they wanted. That now will displace you and so on and so forth.

Also there is 42k capacity, with the student section that puts you at about 37k. Now, I know for a fact the Sunday after Kyle McCord committed to Syracuse, the box office got 152 new season ticket deposits on that one day alone. Now factor minimum 2 seats for every deposit and that’s about 300 new season ticket holders in just one single day.

While tickets may still be plentiful, people who are attached to their seats and the people around them are certainly going to be disappointed
I know the student section is moving and so is the visiting section so shouldn't the opposite lower level endzone be wide open for people to move to?

I know some people need to find different seats. But my point is, if I'm on the 50 yard line, I doubt people in the upper endzone will move to the 50 and vice versa. You are generally going to move to a comparable priced seat and location.

Although I've always been one to say there isn't a bad seat in the house and I don't care where I sit. So I realize I'm different than most.

The fact that there are season tickets available on the 20 yard line for $100 is mind numbing to me.

There are no tickets on the 20 available for $100.00 (or close to that amount), your likely mis-reading the map and pricing.

Torrey
Torrey Ball, Deputy Athletics Director for Business Development at Syracuse University, joins Steve Infanti and Paulie Scibilia to discuss big announcements made today in regards to the JMA Dome, seating, and season ticket holders.

How can they prioritize students who are 4 year attendees vs lifelong season ticket holders

Here's what I don't understand. Am I putting down what my seats cost now? For example, $800 for 4 seats in 243. Now, they tell me no 4 seats are available in the $200 per that we used to sit. Now do I look in a cheaper area for 150 per to find 4 seats we're happy with and they give us $200 back? Can I say I'll just buy 2 seats instead because I like a location but can't get 4 together?