2024 Seating Changes | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Torrey

How can they prioritize students who are 4 year attendees vs lifelong season ticket holders

One's paying the school 30-50K a year and the other are fans who attend a handful of sporting events a year. They aren't kicking out high end donors but the students are going to get prioritized especially when it comes to fball seating.

A couple things….

While that is generally true about where people will want to sit, you’re forgetting they are moving the student section. By moving this student section where they it is, it is one of the top sell through areas in the dome. Not as high as home sideline but still up there. All of these people now need to find a home. Their new home might be your area.

There is also going to be some that were in a lower section, that now might have the opportunity to bump up their donation, select ahead of you and get into a spot they wanted. That now will displace you and so on and so forth.

Also there is 42k capacity, with the student section that puts you at about 37k. Now, I know for a fact the Sunday after Kyle McCord committed to Syracuse, the box office got 152 new season ticket deposits on that one day alone. Now factor minimum 2 seats for every deposit and that’s about 300 new season ticket holders in just one single day.

While tickets may still be plentiful, people who are attached to their seats and the people around them are certainly going to be disappointed
the question will be do we get renewals a the 80-90% like normal. Thats a few hundred seats.. Will people who have 2 buy a 3rd now that they can actually get that one next to them thats been sold for 20 yrs.. There isn't room to move all the upperdeck endzone tickets at the same price point so something will give there.

Some people will buy up, some will buy down, some will opt out.

many will move a few seats and be ok with it.. Some here only want what they want and will not be happy.

At least the dome will look better half empty now! Fkkk ooooooffffff

One's paying the school 30-50K a year and the other are fans who attend a handful of sporting events a year. They aren't kicking out high end donors but the students are going to get prioritized especially when it comes to fball seating.

They're not really being prioritized. They're being stuck in an endzone. The cheapest seats in the house (at least for the upper deck.)

This move frees up premium sideline sections, which will make more money, and that's likely the #1 reason for moving them.

I just don't get when they didn't stick them in the endzone next to the locker room. (the stated reason of easier access to seating, amenities and proximty to the student entrance is ridiculous)

Last edited:
They're not really being prioritized either. They're being stuck in an and endzone. The cheapest seats in the house (at least for the upper deck.)

This move also frees up premium sideline section to make some more money though and that's probably the #1 reason though for moving them.

I just don't get when they didn't stick them in the endzone next to the locker room. (the stated reason of easier access to seating, amenities and proximty to the student entrance is ridiculous)
maybe it makes more sense once that end is all built out?

It does lead to less student running from end to end to get into seats hopefully

maybe it makes more sense once that end is all built out?

It does lead to less student running from end to end to get into seats hopefully

I was curious what the Micron Victory Court was ? Are they getting Micron to pay for the Archbold attachment? That would be awesome.

Aren't there dorms right across from the current entrance?

I was curious what the Micron Victory Court was ? Are they getting Micron to pay for the Archbold attachment? That would be awesome.

Aren't there dorms right across from the current entrance?
It’s not Micron Court. Micron has nothing to do with it. It’s Miron Court.

Not sure where you’re getting that number? If getting it from virtual venue those numbers do not include the donation you must make to get those tickets….
I was just looking at this. So there is a donation as well?

Attachments

• IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 61
This is my single biggest concern. At the time of seat selection I could easily envision a scenario where my wife and I want to move over to another "lower cost" section if seats on the aisle are available, as an example, or if the seats are closer to the field/court etc. There has to be a mechanism to refund the difference...
THIS^^^^ is my concern. I Moved to be near an aisle as it was getting very difficult for me to get to my seats in the middle of the row. Plus I live in AZ and only use them a couple of times, and sell the rest on the SU exchange. My thought is to drop from 2 to 1 seat, and not worry about selling it. My section went up the most of all sections, I believe, and if I can scoot across the aisle it drops down considerably. Section 129 was a spit cost section. I was in the lower portion of that section. Now if I can move to the aisle on 128 closest to 129 that is good or I can go across the field for a lower price ticket. I NEED to know my money is refundable though. It is really a hard choice. Less so if I lived close by.

I'm assuming that Tops family section is going bye bye. I might have to move to that area now that my home was given to students.

How can they prioritize students who are 4 year attendees vs lifelong season ticket holders
This is genuinely hilarious.

How can they prioritize students that pay over 200k to the school over their four years in attendance by giving them the worst seats in the building vs a guy that wears a hard hat and pays the cheapest price in the building?

Not sure, what are they thinking?!

Biggest issue for me is moving the student section. When they expanded it last year or year before, they displaced one of my friends. He moved to what is now going to be the new student section causing him to be displaced again. Not sure he will renew after that. He was already pissed the way he was treated after being displaced the first time. Also moving the entire student section away from the home team tunnel is really stupid IMO. The east endzone is going to look ridiculous in the 2nd half of most games with regular STH in the 200's and nobody above or below them. Can't even hide it from the cameras on PATs. What where they thinking? Closer to the student entrance? Students have the least amount of mobility issues of all STHs, give me a break. They can't walk 1/2 the dome?
Your buddy is paying $100. The students are paying $70k a year and attend the university for which the football team plays.

Your buddy maybe will get his old seats back. The students are getting the worst seats in the building.

I also love the trope of the students leaving in the second half, like all the locals don't leave when the team is down 42-3 either. Come on.

I think the primary driving factor for the move of the student section was to address a request the students made. They really wanted to sit together.

Season attendance for football has been really bad for decades. Props to the leaders of Ottos Army and the students themselves, who have been showing up for football games in record numbers the last couple of years. Students have been asked to sit in various sections spread throughout the dome and the kids sitting in an upper deck 200 yards from the main student section did not enjoy the experience.

The student entrance is on the east side of the dome. Right next to where their seats will be. That should help ease congestion in the concourses for everyone and IMHO is a major win. The fact that the Miron Center is a hugely popular place for students to hang out and that it is about to be connected to the dome on the east end is also going to be a great thing for the students.

I think the prospect of an end zone full of rowdy students will make for great TV and having a whole end zone filled with our loudest fans should maximize our home field advantage. I think what Torrey says about a ‘Lambeau Leap’ tradition in Syracuse can really happen if the east end zone is filled with gonzo students.

It makes sense in a lot of ways.

I feel for the long time fans who have had seats in the east end zone but my guess is that they can get equivalent seats in the western end zone and it might be a shorter walk and more convenient for many non student fans.

Your buddy is paying $100. The students are paying $70k a year and attend the university for which the football team plays.

Your buddy maybe will get his old seats back. The students are getting the worst seats in the building.

I also love the trope of the students leaving in the second half, like all the locals don't leave when the team is down 42-3 either. Come on.
How were your season tickets affected?

So the walk for the fans who used to have seats in the eastern end zone and now will be moving to the western end zone, will have a shorter walk to the shuttle busses if that is where they park. And I am sorry, but me and the other people in my section like where we sit.

So the walk for the fans who used to have seats in the eastern end zone and now will be moving to the western end zone, will have a shorter walk to the shuttle busses if that is where they park. And I am sorry, but me and the other people in my section like where we sit.
It stinks to displace lots of fans and in the best case scenario, a lot of fans were going to be affected in some way by the seating changes. Moving the students made a bad situation with change far far worse, which really stinks.

That said, if they were ever going to move the students, now was the time. Again, I feel for the fans displaced. From where I sat, it looked like fans in the lower eastern end zone were some of the loudest and most loyal in the dome. I feel your pain.

This is genuinely hilarious.

How can they prioritize students that pay over 200k to the school over their four years in attendance by giving them the worst seats in the building vs a guy that wears a hard hat and pays the cheapest price in the building?

Not sure, what are they thinking?!
Gonna be honest here... SU is a pro team for CNY. It's always been a locals fanbase. The students show up when it's fashionable to date. I hope Fran can change this. Let's not pretend though, that the students deserve any upgrades. I would say though, that they should get free tickets with their tuition.

That's not entirely accurate. There is the ability to get a refund if it doesn't work out.
My experience with refunds is they cash your money a whole lot quicker than they refund it. Color me skeptical that this will be a quick easy process.

So with the students moving doesn't that free up a bunch of seats from the end zone to like the 20 or 30 yard line? Seems like something people would want, far far better sightlines.
Yup exactly. I'm sure they did the analysis that selling those newly freed sections will be worth it.

I never had a problem with the bench seats at all, I was hoping for the drink holders…….. It’s third down , I set down my beer on the cement under my seat so I can stand and clap and cheer, next thing I know there is a small steam headed downward towards the folks in the row below me. Happened more then once in my years.
You get so excited that you pee on the row in front of you?

So I am in the end zone where the student section resided for years. I have 4 tickets on aisle and family all in same row. When people get to choose seats, the seats I have had for 20 years may go away? ( realize the seats / rows are all changing) so my deposit is really for a lottery of getting seats in the general area and I may not sit next to the same people? Am I misinterpreting this?

i beg to differ but I take the upper endzone seats over any seat in the lower bowl all day long.

You get so excited that you pee on the row in front of you?
I actually didn't hate the benches either. Having said that, I know it will look more polished and people will be happier with seatbacks.