2024 Seating Changes | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

the issue is how do you control people who are parking since you no longer have to display the pass inside.

At least with paper you have some mechanism, with digital you have more like the ticket issue where it can only scan once.

now you could scan the plate and the pass to check people. Not sure Syracuse could handle that high tech a solution though.

the opposite happens now with paper though . People park, take the pass and hand it to someone else who drives in and parks. they are lax in some of the lots with the checking, some of that because they cant get the lots empty.

so digital fixes some of the issues. except for the lack of cell phone coverage in some lots.

more preloading of passes again I suppose.

You realize that just about every other school now uses digital parking right? LOL

I’m still in shock I’m not getting credit for 30 years of Tix, mainly because they have no idea/no records Just gotta wrap my head around the notion longevity does not matter. It’s all about money( I should know better)
I emailed Wildhack concerning these exact issues. I’ll see if I get a response

You have an app on your smartphone. It displays your parking pass with a code. The attendant reads it with a scanner. Those without smartphones can get paper passes with scanable codes.
yeah it's not that difficult, the Bills have been doing it for 5-6 years now. It's so much easier, if you have somebody using your tickets as well and you can just e-mail the parking pass as well

I’m still in shock I’m not getting credit for 30 years of Tix, mainly because they have no idea/no records Just gotta wrap my head around the notion longevity does not matter. It’s all about money( I should know better)
I’ll see your 30 years and raise you 20.

This is for hoops only, dating back to Manley.

Last edited:
the issue is how do you control people who are parking since you no longer have to display the pass inside.

At least with paper you have some mechanism, with digital you have more like the ticket issue where it can only scan once.

now you could scan the plate and the pass to check people. Not sure Syracuse could handle that high tech a solution though.

the opposite happens now with paper though . People park, take the pass and hand it to someone else who drives in and parks. they are lax in some of the lots with the checking, some of that because they cant get the lots empty.

so digital fixes some of the issues. except for the lack of cell phone coverage in some lots.

more preloading of passes again I suppose.
You’ll have to download to your wallet.

I have every bit of data from every system i have written stored in our tables.. Several of those systems have been replaced 2-3-4 times in 40 yrs..

Just a couple weeks ago someone asked a question about data and I produced it and the bosses said how did you do it.. I said because data is cheap why wouldnt I save it. We may not have a fancy front end to display it but i can get it for you..

The stuff on tape is a little harder to get at. We have the tapes but you have to send it to other places to read since we got rid of the machines.

To think it would never be needed or wanted is poor effort on that staff. Its probably data that wouldnt fill a dvd.
You’re a good man. I have to imagine there are many folks though not like you with saving the older data when it’s no longer in the same system. But agree it’s a tiny amount of storage so it’s easy to back it up. But I doubt the fine folks at SU ever thought to do that.

So, everyone who has been a season ticket holder for over 20 years is in the same boat.

They don't distinguish between 20, 25, 30 or 40 year customers.

And forget about any service time accrued at Archbold.

5 points per year? Did they change it already? Good.

yeah it's not that difficult, the Bills have been doing it for 5-6 years now. It's so much easier, if you have somebody using your tickets as well and you can just e-mail the parking pass as well

In some ways it is better and in some ways it is not. Usually they see the parking pass and wave me through. Even better when there is someone paying cash to enter the lot. Now there will be a line to be scanned. It is a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience none the less. If you don't go to every game or if you are forgetful of taking your pass, then it is a big advantage.

In some ways it is better and in some ways it is not. Usually they see the parking pass and wave me through. Even better when there is someone paying cash to enter the lot. Now there will be a line to be scanned. It is a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience none the less. If you don't go to every game or if you are forgetful of taking your pass, then it is a big advantage.
Being able to sell and transfer is huge. I often waste my west/fine lot pass because I’m parked at hotel and walk over, or skip a game. I’d rather ride it to someone on here than see it go to waste.

Though with no Sheraton I suspect I’ll be using it more now.

Being able to sell and transfer is huge. I often waste my west/fine lot pass because I’m parked at hotel and walk over, or skip a game. I’d rather ride it to someone on here than see it go to waste.

Though with no Sheraton I suspect I’ll be using it more now.

No doubt it is a big advantage for many.

I really hope though that people have the pass loaded on their phone ahead of time. Having to wait on line behind someone as they have trouble downloading and then pulling up the pass on their phone will be annoying. Or SU needs to make sure there are two people and two scanners at each entrance.

I think part of what may be fueling some anxiety for many is the speculation that pretty soon these seats will be harder to come by, especially in 2025. I think we’re going to have a very special season this year.

You realize that just about every other school now uses digital parking right? LOL
The question for every one of these "policy" changes should be: does it create a tangible benefit for the fan? Comfy chairs. Check. "Digital" parking? Hmmm. Let's see if Robert likes it, or if it's faster than a paper pass. I don't care if "everyone's doing it". Is it something most fans want? I've never heard a gripe about paper passes.

I think part of what may be fueling some anxiety for many is the speculation that pretty soon these seats will be harder to come by, especially in 2025. I think we’re going to have a very special season this year.

No, it’s losing the people we’ve sat with for years and years and became friends with

Read the Syracuse.com story, there’s hundreds of those stories.

The reason people are so anxious about selection is because they want to be with the people they’ve been with forever

Having that ripped away takes away part of the tradition of going to games.

Most of these people stuck through the very very very hard times and a lot of them only came to the games once a week to see their section mates.

That’s why people are so upset. It’s because this could potentially be taking away part of why they are Syracuse fans at their core

Huh?
most parking garages/lots control who enters. SU is reusing lots so that they are never really empty . When you sell all the passes and 25% of the people dont leave the lot, if you dont have them display a pass, how do you figure who paid for parking and who didnt?

You have the same issue at the Fine lot. but its huge.. Are they really policing they 100 cars that didnt get out? Its a big issue in some of the smaller lots, especially on the family type game days.

The question for every one of these "policy" changes should be: does it create a tangible benefit for the fan? Comfy chairs. Check. "Digital" parking? Hmmm. Let's see if Robert likes it, or if it's faster than a paper pass. I don't care if "everyone's doing it". Is it something most fans want? I've never heard a gripe about paper passes.

I have season tickets for the NJ Devils. Used to get a paper pass for the parking garage for each game, now it’s digital. So if I’m not going to a game and either sell or give the game tickets to family, I can text or email the parking pass instead of having to mail it. And it happened more than once that I couldn’t find the paper pass and had to pay for parking - losing a digital pass is effectively impossible.

Going to digital is a huge improvement, imho it’s not even debatable. I’m only disappointed it took SU this long to catch up with the rest of the world.

most parking garages/lots control who enters. SU is reusing lots so that they are never really empty . When you sell all the passes and 25% of the people dont leave the lot, if you dont have them display a pass, how do you figure who paid for parking and who didnt?

You have the same issue at the Fine lot. but its huge.. Are they really policing they 100 cars that didnt get out? Its a big issue in some of the smaller lots, especially on the family type game days.

You display your parking pass on your app. Just like you display your ticket to get into the game. Who parks in the lot is controlled. If your pass doesn’t say west lot you aren’t getting in the west lot.

Your buddy is paying $100. The students are paying $70k a year and attend the university for which the football team plays.

Your buddy maybe will get his old seats back. The students are getting the worst seats in the building.

I also love the trope of the students leaving in the second half, like all the locals don't leave when the team is down 42-3 either. Come on.
You sound like my ex. You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing and talking out both sides of your mouth.

"Your buddy is paying $100. The students are paying $70k a year and attend the university for which the football team plays." - ok so they're prioritizing students, cool.

"Your buddy maybe will get his old seats back. The students are getting the worst seats in the building." - so the students are getting hosed. right.

"I also love the trope of the students leaving in the second half, like all the locals don't leave when the team is down 42-3 either." - Many students leave regardless the score because the kegs at the frat showed up. Unless it's a big game, they don't stick around, even if it's close. They were right by the tunnel to cheer the team onto the field. Now the players won't even run near them. So yeah, I think it's stupid to move the students.