2024 Seating Changes | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

the issue isn't who is gets into the lot, its who stays in the lot, Parking for games is a different thing than parking for school. In my last 2 lots because people park there during the week, on game days the lot is full of people parking who dont have a game day pass. Its not like SU enforces this stuff all the time.

And when you go from hang passes to digital its a real pain..

Parking permitting is my day job.. it sucks to enforce.
but all the students and others parking there have passes. it's obvious. I've never been able to get into a lot on a game day without someone checking a pass. Thousands of venues survive with digital.

My train station parking lot does digital just fine too.

No, it’s losing the people we’ve sat with for years and years and became friends with

Read the Syracuse.com story, there’s hundreds of those stories.

The reason people are so anxious about selection is because they want to be with the people they’ve been with forever

Having that ripped away takes away part of the tradition of going to games.

Most of these people stuck through the very very very hard times and a lot of them only came to the games once a week to see their section mates.

That’s why people are so upset. It’s because this could potentially be taking away part of why they are Syracuse fans at their core
I can tell you from first hand conversations with the decision makers that this concern is recognized and will be addressed. I believe methodologies and guardrails are TBD but the social aspect of section mates is taken seriously and efforts are underway to handle it on a case by case basis.

Says someone clearly not from CNY. Change is good, but people are allowed to be concerned about something they are passionate about. Im sure once the dust settles everyone will be fine, but you have to appreciate that it's been our passion ( at least mine ) since birth. Try telling Green Bay Packers fans that their grandfathered seasons tickets are changing. It's not quite that drastic, but consider what is involved here for people who have made this their pastime and social event their entire lives.

Do Buffalo Bills fans know they'll all be getting new seat assignments at the new stadium?

This is one of the most Central NY threads ever. Change is inevitable. CNYers hate it for whatever reason.
I think people in general fear change. Not just CNY. It's represents loss of control, change in status, uncertainty, etc. We will all adjust, I think we just need to vent for a few days. "These are my seats" - nope. Never were. We just rented them. And I still don't like the student move. The reasons given do not seem to outweigh the effect of the team running out with students on one side and band on the other. It feels less 'college' to me to have them so far away.

Wait until someone hacks into SU using the QR codes and see what chaos that brings.

d0d6eeed-efa5-4839-ace4-e3d1c2aa8870_text.gif

I can tell you from first hand conversations with the decision makers that this concern is recognized and will be addressed. I believe methodologies and guardrails are TBD but the social aspect of section mates is taken seriously and efforts are underway to handle it on a case by case basis.
I firmly believe this as well. But nobody will know till it starts. I think there will be far more options than people realize and they're afraid out of fear of the unknown.

Of course, staying with your friends or big group may require moving a little more. But I have no doubt big groups will be able to stay together. They may just end up moving.

Maybe you'll end up making new friends. Embrace the change.

Good if they do. But maybe tell people that? on this board alone 5-10 people have already expressed a worry about it.
Seat selection starts in a little over four months. There is a balance to release information early and have it be incomplete, or worst case changes, and dealing with uncertainty while incorporating feedback and dynamic information to present the most complete and accurate information.

Layered and nuanced? You are saying it's both good and bad. You're not really arguing anything except proving you like to argue using strawman arguments with no actual basis(I'm sure you were one of those as you always complain about the students). Also you're right, they don't leave a 20-17 game at the start of the 4th. 1/2 of them already left at halftime. Cooler way? It's about money, endzone are cheap seats, sideline are premium. This wasn't about students or fans IMO.
Hope the university asks why students leave early. A few years ago at 2 consecutive home games I asked a number of students why they were leaving at half time. They told me they wanted something to eat and they needed to get to the cafeterias for a meal they had already paid for before they closed and then head out to get together after the game. I don’t know if they were being truthful or even if it was the majority opinion but if the cafeterias do close to use their meal tickets during the games (think they were noon starts) I’d think there are possible solutions that could be looked at.

This is one of the most Central NY threads ever. Change is inevitable. CNYers hate it for whatever reason.
I'm a CNY resident...I don't hate change...tell me more

Thats not a home game!
I've left home games early too

Football with my travel on gameday (90 mins minimum each way) and tailgating is a minimum 12 hr day

If we are getting beat badly I'll leave in the 3rd or 4th Q. By badly like 28 pts mid 3rd or 17 pts late 4th.

The question for every one of these "policy" changes should be: does it create a tangible benefit for the fan? Comfy chairs. Check. "Digital" parking? Hmmm. Let's see if Robert likes it, or if it's faster than a paper pass. I don't care if "everyone's doing it". Is it something most fans want? I've never heard a gripe about paper passes.
Paper Passes should be available but most love the convenience of digital

Can always move to be closer to friends next offseason too.

I hope the selection works out for everyone since it definitely will stink to be a loyal fan and come away unhappy but going from benches to seats and having the dome look way different and way better on TV should be a home run move. Have to imagine basketball is going to be a tough crunch to keep everyone in the lower sections happy.

Student section won't benefit they don't need seats but the student section was ruined for BB years ago when they lost the front of the bleacher.

There must be some way of handling this though? I mean how do all these other lots use digital passes?

I would pay money to see SU get some cars out of the fine lot, but they took the path of least resistance and combined the 2 lots into West. The non-Fine lot always has some space, but I would rather pay more to be guaranteed the Fine Lot honestly.
The issue is they allow regular Fine Lot pass holders (like Law School Dorm Students) to park there. Also SU has some Dome and University workers park there on gameday.

Wonder why someone hasn’t done that with the game tickets.
yea.. QR codes are a huge security hole.. look at what has happened at some other locations with it like restaurants.

I would think they need to reach out and let people know its an option and a plan will be in place..

I wonder how it would work though unless SU stepped in to do the ticketing.

Say I know someone who donates a ton.. I say I want to join with them, they dont really care and I dont really want to sit with them either at that price point. Then when the ticket window opens I go snag my seats some place else because we are tied together some how..

yea.. QR codes are a huge security hole.. look at what has happened at some other locations with it like restaurants.
QR codes through TM are always refreshing so that they can't be used via screenshot, printed out, etc. This limits the ability for people to send the same ticket to multiple people.

PDF tickets were a disaster for this reason.

Sooner rather than later, your face will be your ticket at some venues. It's already happening in premier league stadiums in the UK. MSG does a lot with facial recognition.

Seat selection starts in a little over four months. There is a balance to release information early and have it be incomplete, or worst case changes, and dealing with uncertainty while incorporating feedback and dynamic information to present the most complete and accurate information.
I agree.. But the balance should also be a FAQ or something that explains the issues, that they will have plans and they will be released later.

Right now, many feel the plan is, spend your money, later we tell you what you can get, and we might have a way to give it back, maybe.

QR codes through TM are always refreshing so that they can't be used via screenshot, printed out, etc. This limits the ability for people to send the same ticket to multiple people.

PDF tickets were a disaster for this reason.

Sooner rather than later, your face will be your ticket at some venues. It's already happening in premier league stadiums in the UK. MSG does a lot with facial recognition.
The issue isnt the QR code for TM.. The issue is that the QR codes are a way to get into your phone and steal data..

You pull up to the gate you display a QR code.. The system scans it but its really a hack that sends the scanner into lah lah land.. down goes the scanner and no one can enter at all.. Imagine a SB where they did that?

Face tech is cool though.. But what do you do with German people where you cant store that Data? You are basically passing your face rec information to a place like TM and once its hacked your face information is out there forever . The same thing with fingerprint data on our phones/laptops.

One reason some of the Profs I know wont even get smart phones is because of all the risks involved that we dont think about.