2024 Seating Changes | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

The issue isnt the QR code for TM.. The issue is that the QR codes are a way to get into your phone and steal data..

You pull up to the gate you display a QR code.. The system scans it but its really a hack that sends the scanner into lah lah land.. down goes the scanner and no one can enter at all.. Imagine a SB where they did that?

Face tech is cool though.. But what do you do with German people where you cant store that Data? You are basically passing your face rec information to a place like TM and once its hacked your face information is out there forever . The same thing with fingerprint data on our phones/laptops.

One reason some of the Profs I know wont even get smart phones is because of all the risks involved that we dont think about.
I have no idea what you're talking about with the QR codes.

Also, if you don't think everyone in this country's face is in a database somewhere I have bad news for you...

This is genuinely hilarious.

How can they prioritize students that pay over 200k to the school over their four years in attendance by giving them the worst seats in the building vs a guy that wears a hard hat and pays the cheapest price in the building?

Not sure, what are they thinking?!
First of all barely anyone pays that much for school, that’s just the sticker price before scholarships and aid. Second, do you not understand the concept of lifetime value?

First of all barely anyone pays that much for school, that’s just the sticker price before scholarships and aid. Second, do you not understand the concept of lifetime value?
Alumni who were valued as students should create the ultimate lifetime value. (This is from a townie who’s a huge fan. )

I expect it is going to suck going forward in going out to the aisle from seats towards the middle of rows. No longer can you easily hop rows and I expect the rows will have less maneuver room. Hope I'm wrong
I can’t wait to see how they execute the 300 level seats. It has to be much different than the lower level given the available space. something tells me we‘re going to be surprised/disappointed with the actual ”seat” install in 300’s

Cup holders?
I’m wondering if they will be on the back of the seats, as we haven’t seen that yet. Would think they would want to encourage beverage sales.

I’m wondering if they will be on the back of the seats, as we haven’t seen that yet. Would think they would want to encourage beverage sales.
Don’t think so. Leg room is going to be tight. Cup holders on the backs of seats would make that far worse.

Thought I read that they canceled plans for a cup holders on the lower levels as well. Putting them between seats makes a significant impact on capacity.

Hope the university asks why students leave early. A few years ago at 2 consecutive home games I asked a number of students why they were leaving at half time. They told me they wanted something to eat and they needed to get to the cafeterias for a meal they had already paid for before they closed and then head out to get together after the game. I don’t know if they were being truthful or even if it was the majority opinion but if the cafeterias do close to use their meal tickets during the games (think they were noon starts) I’d think there are possible solutions that could be looked at.

I would believe that statement.

The dining situation at Syracuse is horrendous.

I am now in my 6th consecutive year of having one of my kids on the hill and both my daughter, now graduated, and my son say that:

The food is almost inedible
The hours that the dining hall are open are insufficient. During the week, I believe they close at 7 PM and even earlier on the weekends (I would have to verify this)
Not to mention they now make you buy the most expensive meal plan option for the first two years.

It is truly a disgrace.

My credit card statement looks I keep uber eats afloat on my own as my son has zero dining options in the evening when he is studying and he gets hungry.

I remember basically nightly trips to the Wimpy Wagon for sustenance during my four years to satsfy night time hunger pangs as I was studying.

Alumni who were valued as students should create the ultimate lifetime value. (This is from a townie who’s a huge fan. )
Yup. Also this AD and chancellor recognize that sports is a huge part of creating supportive alums. That creates a lot of lifetime value and helps with donations etc. it’s how you keep most alums engaged.

Cup holders?

No cup holders at all in the 100, 200 or 300 level

Leg room was too tight in the 300s

Would have lost another 2000ish seats IIRC if they did cup holders in the 100 level

Yup. Also this AD and president recognize that sports is a huge part of creating supportive alums. That creates a lot of lifetime value and helps with donations etc. it’s how you keep most alums engaged.

Yup, and I understand that some are mad at JW for how this is rolling out but it’s not entirely his fault….

From what I understand, the people running the reseating had promised John up and down that the blowback would be minimal and that most would be happy, after all everyone wanted individual seats!

I know we don’t know it, but they are working behind the scenes currently to address concerns and make tweaks.

I know the one thing John hates is getting negative feedback and I am sure he isn’t thrilled that he’s likely been inundated with negative emails

He really does want everyone to enjoy Syracuse Sports and cares about the fan experience

No cup holders at all in the 100, 200 or 300 level

Leg room was too tight in the 300s

Would have lost another 2000ish seats IIRC if they did cup holders in the 100 level
The ultra super premium seats down low on home side 50 and maybe even the Club 44 section in the end zone: I wouldn't be surprised if they have cupholders.

Cup holders?
Not a chance in the 300’s. I’m a little worried the 300’s will be essentially individual plastic benches (not full blown seats)with very little back support (maybe a few inches). There so little room.

Edit: I think knees will still be into the backs of the people in front of you which is my theory for only a few inches of back support in the 300’s

I would believe that statement.

The dining situation at Syracuse is horrendous.

I am now in my 6th consecutive year of having one of my kids on the hill and both my daughter, now graduated, and my son say that:

The food is almost inedible
The hours that the dining hall are open are insufficient. During the week, I believe they close at 7 PM and even earlier on the weekends (I would have to verify this)
Not to mention they now make you buy the most expensive meal plan option for the first two years.

It is truly a disgrace.

My credit card statement looks I keep uber eats afloat on my own as my son has zero dining options in the evening when he is studying and he gets hungry.

I remember basically nightly trips to the Wimpy Wagon for sustenance during my four years to satsfy night time hunger pangs as I was studying.
Man that Wimpy/Ziggy’s wagon was dangerous, especially when I was living at DellPlain. I had no idea such nefarious activities were going on there, but they made a mean burger when I was three sheets to the wind.

Not a chance in the 300’s. I’m a little worried the 300’s will be essentially individual plastic benches (not full blown seats)with very little back support (maybe a few inches). There so little room.

Edit: I think knees will still be into the backs of the people in front of you which is my theory for only a few inches of back support in the 300’s

Might be these. They were on display at the Dome.

IMG_5140.jpeg

Yes those are the 300 level seats

Thanks. I sent you the pic 3 weeks ago. They are better than what was originally passed around but still uncomfortable I guess.

Thanks. I sent you the pic 3 weeks ago. They are better than what was originally passed around but still uncomfortable I guess.
Ya. They don’t look that great. Hope they aren’t too uncomfortable