2024 Seating Changes | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Yup thats the rub. $75 is small enough to not think about it . Even lower down $2-300 in the larger scope not a huge deal really. Those above the captain/Varsity level are going to be pretty high up anyway In the grand scheme of things. Its those at the lower 3 tiers that can really jump up. Then again its value vs price.

how many people are looking to jump out of their current zones is the real question.

One thing they might want to ask when people press renew is how much people want to go better or go back in cost now. That would be a better picture for them to understand.

if 20% dont renew and 90% want to stay in their current section it wont be a huge deal except moving 10-20 seats from your current location. But will it be that? How many want better or isle or whatever to change too?

Yup thats the rub. $75 is small enough to not think about it . Even lower down $2-300 in the larger scope not a huge deal really. Those above the captain/Varsity level are going to be pretty high up anyway In the grand scheme of things. Its those at the lower 3 tiers that can really jump up. Then again its value vs price.

how many people are looking to jump out of their current zones is the real question.

One thing they might want to ask when people press renew is how much people want to go better or go back in cost now. That would be a better picture for them to understand.

if 20% dont renew and 90% want to stay in their current section it wont be a huge deal except moving 10-20 seats from your current location. But will it be that? How many want better or isle or whatever to change too?

I did this as it was a small amount to move to the next higher level

When does the donor rank update with the payment from my season tickets that I payed for in full last week? My donor rank does not have the portion that is the donation added yet even though it has been a week since I paid. Anyone else have this situation?

I was told it might take 1-2 months to see cause and effect of donations to show up.

Almost like if people were to see their priority numbers go down they might not renew?

I had seats in 336 for years. I was right on the aisle a few feet from more expensive seats. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I made a move to 328 a couple of years ago. I regret it a bit now as I'm homeless with the student section moving there. David, my ticket broker, or whatever his title is, told me I was ranked #3 in my donation category. Since I was only a $50 donation away from bumping up a level, I donated an extra $75 in hopes that it'll increase my chances of getting a seat that I like when it's my turn to choose.
yep! I'm only 2-3 rows from the expensive seats, now the whole bottom section is in my ticket range

I had seats in 336 for years. I was right on the aisle a few feet from more expensive seats. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I made a move to 328 a couple of years ago. I regret it a bit now as I'm homeless with the student section moving there. David, my ticket broker, or whatever his title is, told me I was ranked #3 in my donation category. Since I was only a $50 donation away from bumping up a level, I donated an extra $75 in hopes that it'll increase my chances of getting a seat that I like when it's my turn to choose.
How does some get to be #3 in any category?
AT every level it will go by priority pts capped at 20 yrs. I guess an addition pt for some heavy giving but wont that also move you up a level?

Or will many levels have 1-200 people tied near the top of a level and then some random way to decide who goes first on selection day? There must be a good number of people at the 20 yr cap even on this board.

AT every level it will go by priority pts capped at 20 yrs. I guess an addition pt for some heavy giving but wont that also move you up a level?

Or will many levels have 1-200 people tied near the top of a level and then some random way to decide who goes first on selection day? There must be a good number of people at the 20 yr cap even on this board.
I have no idea. I’m just passing along what he told me.

I would take and ask can you lock that # in for me. Final Answer.
I gave a donation to move up to the next group since I wasn’t that far away. No idea where I stand in my new group.

Within a level you are ranked by priority points. I’m not sure the priority points are capped at 20 years. Maybe but I haven’t heard that. What’s capped at 20 years is the longevity “bonus” points. I don’t think there’d be 200 ties either. That means those 200 people donated the exact amount of money even if it was capped at 20 years.

Yes I was told 20 yrs for the longevity bonus, I thought you get some bonus of 1 for X amount of money for a yr and 1 bonus for Y amount of money for lifetime.

So everyone at 20 yrs would tie unless they donated above some other threshold. But I was told that was capped as well so thats 1-2 pts or whatever..

those of us at the bottom tiers are probably getting the bulk of the giving level from ticket buys. Given that tickets have only counted for 5 yrs or so.

Those with both sports will be way ahead of fball only for sure with giving level without any other giving at all.

so anyone with nice lower deck seats will be in the $500 level with 3-4 seats correct? But if thats all they do anyone who is in that level longer will be ahead of them.

How many lower level seats does it take to get to $1000 if you are fball only.

Yes I was told 20 yrs for the longevity bonus, I thought you get some bonus of 1 for X amount of money for a yr and 1 bonus for Y amount of money for lifetime.

So everyone at 20 yrs would tie unless they donated above some other threshold. But I was told that was capped as well so thats 1-2 pts or whatever..

those of us at the bottom tiers are probably getting the bulk of the giving level from ticket buys. Given that tickets have only counted for 5 yrs or so.

Those with both sports will be way ahead of fball only for sure with giving level without any other giving at all.

so anyone with nice lower deck seats will be in the $500 level with 3-4 seats correct? But if thats all they do anyone who is in that level longer will be ahead of them.

How many lower level seats does it take to get to $1000 if you are fball only.

20 years is the cap for longevity bonus points. All other priority points are based on donation dollars and not ticket price.

20 years is the cap for longevity bonus points. All other priority points are based on donation dollars and not ticket price.
Can I borrow some of your donation dolllars?

I don't recall if this was posted already but gives you some idea of the probable breakdown. And some of these people will be people who are not FB STHs. They will be donors but not STHs, or BBall and not FB.

Untitled 2.jpg

I paid up today. My rep said your donor level should be adjusted in March. My voucher was over subscribed a bit. I'm going to move across the aisle to save a few hundred dollars. My rep said once you select you can elect to get a refund if you spend less than what you were billed.

I don't recall if this was posted already but gives you some idea of the probable breakdown. And some of these people will be people who are not FB STHs. They will be donors but not STHs, or BBall and not FB.

View attachment 237585
These numbers make some sense because they kinda match donor level individual numbers. But then the donor site says you are X of 30673 and then Y of whatever level you are.. This is about 8000 people.

Where the other 20K that show up on the donor ranking site? Are they people below the $44 maybe ?

If we have 5K of fball and they avg 4 thats 20K of season tickets.

How many seats do we have.. 15K in the lower and 30K in the upper roughly? is it 50/50?

I paid up today. My rep said your donor level should be adjusted in March. My voucher was over subscribed a bit. I'm going to move across the aisle to save a few hundred dollars. My rep said once you select you can elect to get a refund if you spend less than what you were billed.
Kinda like you can pay the invoice at the higher level to get the bonus pts and seating choice and then get the money back.

If you pay the money in added donor money you wont get a refund.. But if you talked them into invoicing a higher level seat you would.

Learned the new seats behind home bench in premium area are $1500 each + 1000 donation/license fee so 2500/each, which is higher than what was speculated. They come with food and booze. Its a small area and they’ll sell them all I think. The money they’re raising from the premium seats goes a long way to offsetting the revenue loss from reducing capacity and keeping the rest of the dome priced incredibly well for football in my opinion. Not sure what the ones with access to club 44 behind end zone are.

I will say the next sections over in the 20s to early 30s plus the seats after the first 9/10 rows in 40s/50s will be a perceived huge value compared to the premium club seats.

My current seats in 117 are essentially staying same. Curious to see what the map looks like when get to pick. Visitor side should see a nice boost in season ticket holders with the pricing remaining basically the same. Hope we get some hardcore fans switching sides especially since it faces the tv cameras. Plus we can keep visitor fans out of those sections from getting single game seats which happens too much. Won’t prevent resells but I think it’ll help. It’s nice having rabid loud fans right on top of the visiting bench. Wish fans realized that. I’ve had a blast on that side.

It’s crazy to me how much cheaper football tickets are compared to basketball. We need basketball to recover quickly or that market will change quite quick.

Learned the new seats behind home bench in premium area are $1500 each + 1000 donation/license fee so 2500/each, which is higher than what was speculated. They come with food and booze. Its a small area and they’ll sell them all I think. The money they’re raising from the premium seats goes a long way to offsetting the revenue loss from reducing capacity and keeping the rest of the dome priced incredibly well for football in my opinion. Not sure what the ones with access to club 44 behind end zone are.

I will say the next sections over in the 20s to early 30s plus the seats after the first 9/10 rows in 40s/50s will be a perceived huge value compared to the premium club seats.

My current seats in 117 are essentially staying same. Curious to see what the map looks like when get to pick. Visitor side should see a nice boost in season ticket holders with the pricing remaining basically the same. Hope we get some hardcore fans switching sides especially since it faces the tv cameras. Plus we can keep visitor fans out of those sections from getting single game seats which happens too much. Won’t prevent resells but I think it’ll help. It’s nice having rabid loud fans right on top of the visiting bench. Wish fans realized that. I’ve had a blast on that side.

It’s crazy to me how much cheaper football tickets are compared to basketball. We need basketball to recover quickly or that market will change quite quick.
I just cant see how having club tickets elsewhere translate to seats is a good experience when you have both. My experience with any game is you either have a booth to watch with seats or you just have seats. The Club44 thing was a good idea, but I'm not going to pay for both when I want to actually see the game and not on TV.

I just cant see how having club tickets elsewhere translate to seats is a good experience when you have both. My experience with any game is you either have a booth to watch with seats or you just have seats. The Club44 thing was a good idea, but I'm not going to pay for both when I want to actually see the game and not on TV.
imo the premium area is about people that will never use the seats but pay for the privilege at the same time.

That seems like a lot of money for what IMO is a bad viewing angle. And if you tailgate the food isn’t a draw at all.

BBall has been underpriced for years but having A go up $800 each is a bit much. Might have trouble selling those out, without even getting to the Club 44 seats.

Edit

Is there really going to be high demand going from $1340 per seat to $1900 in A2 or $2200 in A1 or what ever club seats are? High rollers do court side.

People who were in A might now move to B. Which squeezes the B people from last year.

Last edited:
BTW as mentioned before...if you aren't hard over on a certain section the best value is to move over to the 100 level on the visitors side.
Yeah... I'm debating... My current spend class can get me the same 100 section yard line seats on the 15y vs the 30y 300 level ones now on the home team... It is better on the 100 for the visitor side but In all it hard to go on the visitors side for me... except for Hokie games! :p

BTW as mentioned before...if you aren't hard over on a certain section the best value is to move over to the 100 level on the visitors side.
Yup. It’s going to help balance out things for tv.