2024 Seating Changes | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

How did you know how much you needed to to donate to jump a level?

Also, I see since I chose the 7 month payment option, that it only credited me 1/7 of my donation amount for this year. Will I benefit by paying my invoice in full?

Is my donor ranking just for my priority group or is it my overall ranking?

Sorry if some of these questions might be repetitive but there are a lot of pages to go through.
yeah we dont know. You can guess off last yrs totals.

For example, if you are in the All-American there were about 450 in it last yr and 960 from that level and up. if your number is #600 that would imply its an overall ranking. But if its #300 it could be either, if a bunch above have not renewed in all the levels.

You could be #1 in your level and donating money does move you but then its all a priority pts game. You could be #300 in your level and pass 300 people for sure.

My guess is the ranking is an overall ranking because mine at least is a higher number than the number in my level unless there was a large jump in people in that donor level this year and 99% of them have more priority pts.

Also, I see since I chose the 7 month payment option, that it only credited me 1/7 of my donation amount for this year. Will I benefit by paying my invoice in full?

Sorry if some of these questions might be repetitive but there are a lot of pages to go through.

If you get the no donor rank page you can scroll down to the give.cuse.com link and it will take you to your prior donor rank.

If your donor page is correct, you can see the current level and amount needed for next level.

If your donor page is old, you can see your prior level and need to add the donor amount you renewed for. Then you can tell what is needed to reach the next level.

In both case you need to donate to the Athletics Opportunity Fund to jump a level. Other donations won't help.

You get credit for 1/7 of the priority points but you get a full 7/7 counting toward your level, or so I was told. Would be nice to see an update to confirm.

Donor ranking is overall but what matters is within your group.

Basically

Each ticket (level) has a set amount set aside as a donation. Your invoice IIRC breaks it out.

Figure how much you spent in donations and guess if you think that is high enough.

BL: if you had super sweet seats you might consider an extra donation. Your call...this is basically a blind auction.

View attachment 240351
Yes, I wasn't referencing my seat level, I was talking about my CAF Annual Membership level, Priority Group number. I thought that's what OX meant. How did he know how much to donate to jump up to the next priority group. Sorry for the confusion.

Unless the seat level donation is the approximate delineation of the different priority groups.

It would also be nice if the priority pts were broken out by method of accruing. I see noway to get to the pts I have given the formulas on the page. I already know they shorted me years. But really 5 pts here or there I don't know how much that helps. Maybe jumps a few people?

The issue is without the donor ranking you don't really know what moving a level does. From All-american down its a bigger jump in value.

Thats the main reason that it would have been nice to do the donation deadline after the renewal deadline. That would have allowed all the deck chairs to stop moving and then make your best decision as to throw more money at it.

You would think there are several thousand renewals left to process based on my ranking number now and looking at last years totals in each donor level. Perhaps that is true, but it also means I have no real idea on donating money without knowing my ranking in my current level.

It would also be nice if they had separate FB and BBall ranks. Not all of the people ahead of me will be FB STHs. Some will be BBall only.

Literally nothing is a cluster right now. It makes sense to push an update now to get more renewals in now that people can see where they stand. When the final update is made it seems like all the info will be crystal clear.
Agreed, people just want to complain about everything and the older you get everyone turns into Larry David. Hey I get it, I am not young anymore either but wait for the e-mail, go find your seats and pick them out. I am shocked at how high my donor ranking is for the fact that I don't feel like I am any type of huge donor.

It would also be nice if they had separate FB and BBall ranks. Not all of the people ahead of me will be FB STHs. Some will be BBall only.
Yup That could also explain some of the rankings if the new ranking is FB only. even if we knew that say 50% of people have both that would give some insite.

having both and 2-4 tickets almost forces you to level 6-7 unless you have the absolute cheapest seats in both sports.

The issue is without the donor ranking you don't really know what moving a level does. From All-american down its a bigger jump in value.

Thats the main reason that it would have been nice to do the donation deadline after the renewal deadline. That would have allowed all the deck chairs to stop moving and then make your best decision as to throw more money at it.

You would think there are several thousand renewals left to process based on my ranking number now and looking at last years totals in each donor level. Perhaps that is true, but it also means I have no real idea on donating money without knowing my ranking in my current level.
The issue is that donations over and above ticket prices are intended to be purely philanthropic. They are a mechanism to show support for the Athletic Department and our student athletes over and above attending games. Sure there are some additional benefits attached to the levels, but the value doesn’t come close to the donation requirement. In short there should be no quid pro quo beyond knowing you are helping to fund facilities, coaching salaries and support staff. Urging donors to make a one time additional payment to secure seat locations in essence in perpetuity is encouraging fans to game the system and jump the line ahead of other fans. And assuming those are really just one time donations, it may arguably be counterproductive in the long run as any displaced fans become a bit disillusioned and those who do pony up feel like they are being nickeled and dined to surrender every dollar. And since the environment is fluid with thousands involved and everyone on their own timeline up until May 1, there are no guarantees. Moving up a level may not help you at all if others are doing the same or moving higher. You are simply increasing your chances in a blind bid competition.

Based on the numbers that have been shared with me, anyone who has had football tickets for any length of time will come out if this process with intrinsically comparable seats. If you feel compelled to make an additional donation to the program, by all means do so. And consider making it an annual show of support. Just don’t expect any guarantees from it.

From your MyCuse account...

Click on "More"

Scroll down to "Cuse Athletic Fund", then scroll over and click on "Make a Gift"

Click on "View Your Donation History".

It'll tell you how much you've donated this year (both for tickets and straight donations).

If I've donated X, and I need to get over Y to make the next level, I know where I'm at.

Yes, I wasn't referencing my seat level, I was talking about my CAF Annual Membership level, Priority Group number. I thought that's what OX meant. How did he know how much to donate to jump up to the next priority group. Sorry for the confusion.

Unless the seat level donation is the approximate delineation of the different priority groups.
You have to do math

Multiply seats x each donation

Figure out how much then add in any extra CAF donations if made.

Then Check the chart levels and see if you are satisfied

Priority points only delineate within each level...like Varsity or Captain. So Don't stress over those as they are essentially out of your hand at this point

Its like playing the lottery. But so many unknowns.

I could jump 2000 people by changing levels only to find out all 2000 were BB only.

Very few people have 1 ticket. So if you just look at the red yellow zones and add up the 6 sections you know many of them will be level 6 or higher and if they have bball vastly higher. Thats without any other donations at all.

The game for many is that doing nothing probably just means you have a few seats/rows,

Where it really gets interesting is in the cheaper seats up top because that area is being compressed with twice as many people as it had last yr. Somone in 310 will now be having people from 122 who might want that seat. People who had 310 for bb/fb will be ahead of people who has 122 only. We could see large swings in movement up there.

the lower deck not so much as its pretty much a swap of endzones.

From your MyCuse account...

Click on "More"

Scroll down to "Cuse Athletic Fund", then scroll over and click on "Make a Gift"

Click on "View Your Donation History".

It'll tell you how much you've donated this year (both for tickets and straight donations).

If I've donated X, and I need to get over Y to make the next level, I know where I'm at.
Note that is only current to April 12th though

You have to do math

Multiply seats x each donation

Figure out how much then add in any extra CAF donations if made.

Then Check the chart levels and see if you are satisfied

Priority points only delineate within each level...like Varsity or Captain. So Don't stress over those as they are essentially out of your hand at this point
Given what I was told today, I know where I stand in my section I just dont know yet how many people will be in my section when May 1st hits.

But playing the game donor game with last years numbers. My donation passed 2000 people. How many fb people I will never know. My priority pts moved me passed 60% of the people in my new level. Of that level somewhere between 40-60 have not renewed or are no longer in the level.

The only unknown is if BB money counts towards this process for money and pts or pts only right now.
If BB is pts only and money from 23-24 wasnt added many people would be down a donor level in money until the BB process. If BB money counts towards this then the head counts will be roughly the same as the old pages was showing us.

Given what I was told today, I know where I stand in my section I just dont know yet how many people will be in my section when May 1st hits.

But playing the game donor game with last years numbers. My donation passed 2000 people. How many fb people I will never know. My priority pts moved me passed 60% of the people in my new level. Of that level somewhere between 40-60 have not renewed or are no longer in the level.

The only unknown is if BB money counts towards this process for money and pts or pts only right now.
If BB is pts only and money from 23-24 wasnt added many people would be down a donor level in money until the BB process. If BB money counts towards this then the head counts will be roughly the same as the old pages was showing us.

The basketball portion isn’t unknown.

Read the emails, it counts.

Any money donated to the university is counted. That includes basketball season ticket donations.

Guys, 95% of this stuff is answered in your reseating guide that they sent via email AND a hard physical copy.

Do some of your homework, talk to your rep as they’re pretty transparent with what you need to do to secure your seat that you want

There’s a lot of anxiety from a lot of you and I feel a lot of you don’t need to be anxious.

The people that lost their seats for the student section should have a little more anxiety but for the most part should be able to settle into a spot

It’s known. A donation is a donation whether it’s attached to a ticket purchase or not. So if you make a donation as part of your football, men’s or women’s basketball, or presumably lacrosse tickets next year, or if you make an additional donation to the Athletics Opportunity Fund it counts toward your annual giving level and you accrue priority points. This is not as difficult as some are making it.

Any money donated to the university is counted. That includes basketball season ticket donations.

Guys, 95% of this stuff is answered in your reseating guide that they sent via email AND a hard physical copy.

Do some of your homework, talk to your rep as they’re pretty transparent with what you need to do to secure your seat that you want

There’s a lot of anxiety from a lot of you and I feel a lot of you don’t need to be anxious.

The people that lost their seats for the student section should have a little more anxiety but for the most part should be able to settle into a spot
You type just a little quicker than me, JR!

My money for FB tickets last fall didn not count towards a donation level in this, only the next yr renewal money did. Thats Why I asked if BB was going to be the same. Sure you get pts for the money from previous tickets but did last years BB STH get that value added to this years FB donor level.

If you had tickets in both for $300 you have $600 and are level 7. If Bball didnt count until you renew BB, and honestly it shouldnt, then you would have $300 from the FB renewal and be a Varsity. The BB get the priority pts but they should be getting the money value as well.

So, I confirmed only BB people who have renewed for next yr have that money in the donor ranking pool now. Have those here in this thread who have both renewed BB already? Other than this benefit process it seems early to be renewing BB.

So, I confirmed only BB people who have renewed for next yr have that money in the donor ranking pool now. Have those here in this thread who have both renewed BB already? Other than this benefit process it seems early to be renewing BB.

Basketball is the same thing and needs to be renewed BY MAY 1

Once again, this is all in your booklet……

It is not publicly known. It is not clear from the "homework" and it appears that a non STH donor or a BBall only STH donor would go to the end of the line and not be ahead of a renewing FB STH for only picking FB seats.

So either A the above is not true, and the donor rank is the donor rank. So if you were not a FB STH you can jump ahead of the FB STH line. Or B the donor rank is including the whole donor universe but not everyone in that universe will be choosing seats. So some of those people ahead of you in the donor rank, aren't actually picking before you.

I believe B to be true from what I can understand. The donor rank universe is including FB STHs, BBall STHs, both sport STHs, and non FB/BBall STH donors (other sports or academic). From that universe only the 1st and 3rd categories would be eligible to choose FB seats. So you can be ranked 440 in the overall universe, but in the FB STH only universe you could be ranked 220.

Yes, I renewed. Early renewal allows me to use an 8 payment plan. If you read the information that was sent out they are using a truncated calendar for donor rank lock this year to facilitate the reseating process.

Where do you sit right now? Where are you looking to end up?

Agreed, people just want to complain about everything and the older you get everyone turns into Larry David. Hey I get it, I am not young anymore either but wait for the e-mail, go find your seats and pick them out. I am shocked at how high my donor ranking is for the fact that I don't feel like I am any type of huge donor.
i am also shocked how high my donor ranking is, and it reinforces why fundraising has been such a huge focus of the AD's office. And why pushing NIL matters, too. It's why I'm very supportive of JW. He inherited a mess and has made progress, but we need more businesses involved in NIL. Across the state, NYC, region, etc.