2024 Spring Practice | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

break down a team that can run and throw

80 plays that if we do well its 50/30 run/pass. Someone needs to run those other 20-25 times if its not gonna be the QB 10-15 of those.

break down a team that can run and throw

80 plays that if we do well its 50/30 run/pass. Someone needs to run those other 20-25 times if its not gonna be the QB 10-15 of those.
I really hope we didn't bring McCord in to throw only 30 times a game. That would have been only the 76th most passing attempts in college football last season.

Gadsden's gotta eat.

I really hope we didn't bring McCord in to throw only 30 times a game. That would have been only the 76th most passing attempts in college football last season.

Gadsden's gotta eat.

Unless he's averaging 25 YPC and completing 75%...

Averaged 29 attempts a game last season, and he had Marvin Harrison Jr. as a target.
I actually checked that and 1) they didn't have to throw a whole lot 2) his backups threw another 50 passes and 3) I just don't care I WANT THE DAMN PIGSKIN FLYING IN THE AIR IN THE DOME AND NIXON SAID WE COULD THROW 50 TIMES IN A GAME SO DON'T KILL MY DREAMS BEFORE THE SEASON EVER EVEN STARTED

A lot of folks forgetting/unaware the complexity of the RB position beyond simply carrying the ball. Think Fran alluded to as much in when asked as well... The frosh are going to have to learn to block in pass pro and run routes consistently before the coaches trust them with any extended burn.

Might get a series here and there early but we're not going to risk a missed block ending McCord's season.
No block no rock

definitely fit that category. But not ridiculously so, nor an "emotional" take, rather it's an objective dispassionate analysis of what I see.

I mean lets enjoy the ride, but be realistic too. If Fran is expecting this place to be Georgia, at least $ wise/NIL $ etc., he's in for a reality slap. All the more important to maximize the chances for success by doing everything else right. The discussion here is a part of that and of controlling the controllables to maximize ones chance for success, that's the overall take really I have of it all. But you're right, I do love it, am excited but not giddy to forget reality.

Eight Wins. If they manage that, the sky's the limit. It's "Welcome Back to the 90s" around here.

Pretty sure it’s just progress from the new staff/workouts. Clark posted one too and it’s almost equally as impressive.
GJnhHmjWUAE2DU6.jpeg

Would explain last year for him.
could also be from the time he wasn’t on team. Either way he showed up at Cuse and was told he needed to drop weight and improve. He’s answered the call. I’m curious to see how he does at safety. Think it was the right move.

The pieces are there, catalyzed by a hungry, young staff that has been waiting to get the keys to a real program since they were playing kick the can in Camden (corny Boomer reference).
Is the Boomer reference a Campbell's soup can reference? If so, well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom