3 spots | Syracusefan.com

3 spots

Shark58

BANNED
1- a 2/3 wing type with an outside shot
2- a 4/5 banger down low
3- a pack up "pure" pg

latest

If Mali is back I think the only real need is a grad transfer who can run the pg spot if needed and is a good 3pt shooter. Honestly could hold the other two unless we are able to add a 4/5 that we really want.

If Mali is back I think the only real need is a grad transfer who can run the pg spot if needed and is a good 3pt shooter. Honestly could hold the other two unless we are able to add a 4/5 that we really want.

I.e., Dembele.

I.e., Dembele.

Possibly if we are valuing him that highly. He doesn't have an offer yet but in this scenario he would be a practice player next year and likely a backup as a soph. Even if he was never a starter Baye had zero offense and managed to be an extremely valuable contributor for 4 years. I have no issues using a ship for that type of big guy and perhaps Dembele could be better than that plus as I already mentioned he wouldn't be relied on to contribute year one.

Why are people talking about "grad transfers" so much? Some are even saying 2! JB hardly ever takes transfers and the one he does accept take at least a year to really fit into his defensive system. I can't see him take a kid for 1 year and try to teach him his zone. Would he take a kid to have a body on the bench just for emergencies? Would a kid take that? I'd think a 5th year would only go to a school where he would play a lot if not start or why else go to a grad school? To get an advanced degree? Not hardly.

What do we think the odds they use all 3 are?

Low. I could see them using two [on a big, and maybe a fifth year transfer guard / shooter] if Richardson doesn't leave.

If he DOES leave, then I think they use all three--trying to scare up another guard. We can't enter next season with three guards.

Why are people talking about "grad transfers" so much? Some are even saying 2! JB hardly ever takes transfers and the one he does accept take at least a year to really fit into his defensive system. I can't see him take a kid for 1 year and try to teach him his zone. Would he take a kid to have a body on the bench just for emergencies? Would a kid take that? I'd think a 5th year would only go to a school where he would play a lot if not start or why else go to a grad school? To get an advanced degree? Not hardly.

Simple--because he's already played / had success at a lower level of competition. Maybe the kid wants to experience a higher level of competition on a team that can make a big postseason run.

Starting might be a sacrifice a kid is willing to make if they believe that they could be a contributor on a contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom