Men's Soccer - (3) SU 2 vs (13) Indiana 2 (PK's 7-6): Mon Dec 12, 6 PM [NCAA National Championship] | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer (3) SU 2 vs (13) Indiana 2 (PK's 7-6): Mon Dec 12, 6 PM [NCAA National Championship]

Top flight players want to play on grass in college.

That is one issue, and it is a big one.

Secondly, the dome is not wide enough for a regulation field. It is possible to play on a field narrower than regulation and yes, Syracuse did this for years playing in the dome.

But it isn't what you want and the presence of walls close to the OB lines is not a good thing.

At this point, we have a soccer stadium and the field itself is one of the top playing fields in the ACC. A fan base has been built, sellouts are happening regularly, and it is time to expand seating. A new scoreboard with video replay capabilities is also needed. I think there is room to add stands on the east side of the field.

At minimum, it would be great to see another set of bleachers added to boost the seating capacity from about 1500 to around 3000. That should have improve the home field advantage and make the facility a lot more attractive for fans and players. Pretty sure we have the worst soccer facility in the ACC. The coaching staff and players (and fans) deserve better.

If you are a decision maker for a major corporation and want to make a difference, this is a great chance to step up and make a donation to help make this happen.

Better concessions and bathroom facilities would be great; maybe add a set on the east side of the stadium. And let's get a band for all the home games (and select road games). That was something Indiana did that we should copy. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere (which is already good).

This is what our some of our competitors in the ACC have:

And a link to the finest college soccer facilities. Several ACC schools make the list.

I saw and heard the Indiana band in the natty. Was wondering where's our band?

Makes what McIntyre has done even more incredible. Some schools have MLS quality soccer stadiums and we look like a D3 school. Elmore Field at Hartwick is objectively nicer than what Syracuse has.

We have to take the next step.

It's basically the same thing as what Le Moyne has. The AD budgets between the two schools are slightly different.

tedgrantfield.jpg

Nice little ending to this video. Upstate and 'Cuse Nation
screen-shot-2021-02-02-at-2-25-23-pm-1612293933.png
's you back Russ! Definitely one of my favorites from this team and will go down as one of the best between the pipes. Does anyone know if he still has any eligibility remaining from the COVID year?

Top flight players want to play on grass in college.

That is one issue, and it is a big one.

Secondly, the dome is not wide enough for a regulation field. It is possible to play on a field narrower than regulation and yes, Syracuse did this for years playing in the dome.

But it isn't what you want and the presence of walls close to the OB lines is not a good thing.

At this point, we have a soccer stadium and the field itself is one of the top playing fields in the ACC. A fan base has been built, sellouts are happening regularly, and it is time to expand seating. A new scoreboard with video replay capabilities is also needed. I think there is room to add stands on the east side of the field.

At minimum, it would be great to see another set of bleachers added to boost the seating capacity from about 1500 to around 3000. That should have improve the home field advantage and make the facility a lot more attractive for fans and players. Pretty sure we have the worst soccer facility in the ACC. The coaching staff and players (and fans) deserve better.

If you are a decision maker for a major corporation and want to make a difference, this is a great chance to step up and make a donation to help make this happen.

Better concessions and bathroom facilities would be great; maybe add a set on the east side of the stadium. And let's get a band for all the home games (and select road games). That was something Indiana did that we should copy. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere (which is already good).

This is what our some of our competitors in the ACC have:

And a link to the finest college soccer facilities. Several ACC schools make the list.

Interesting re: FSU--they are one of 3 ACC schools (Miami and GTech) that do not field men's soccer teams.

Interesting re: FSU--they are one of 3 ACC schools (Miami and GTech) that do not field men's soccer teams.
Interesting given FSU has a great women’s program that was in the top 20 all season.

The World Cup final might be the catalyst to really get the USA to up the interest level to match the rest of the world. I'm a casual observer, but my son and grand kids are into it. You can definitely appreciate the athleticism and skill level required to play at a high level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom