31-26 | Syracusefan.com

31-26

25-0 seems like a decade ago. I don't think anyone saw us falling off the cliff this far this fast.

Couldn't have predicted it. But the 25-0 was such fools gold. We pulled some games out of thin air, but anytime I mentioned something about the signs pointing towards us not being as good as the record, people just called me a pessimist and that a win is a win and that's all that matters, not how it's done.

Good times.

25-0 seems like a decade ago. I don't think anyone saw us falling off the cliff this far this fast.
25-0 was the biggest bubble since the 2008 wall st meltdown. We all kept saying during the winning streak that the team was pulling out close wins blackjack style. It was like winning on red 25 consecutive spins. And then the odds evened out.

Couldn't have predicted it. But the 25-0 was such fools gold. We pulled some games out of thin air, but anytime I mentioned something about the signs pointing towards us not being as good as the record, people just called me a pessimist and that a win is a win and that's all that matters, not how it's done.

Good times.

Those were the days where La Tech was a "good win" and a tourney team. St Francis was a solid team and "they'll probably win their league". Same crap about some garbage team that comes in here and plays us tough when we should throttle them by 25. You know, the games we used to beat legit conference teams by 3/4 years ago.
I'm not calling this a disaster, but there are some red flags that are concerning for our long term future.

Like Bill Parcells said, we are what our record says we are. We have been nothing but mediocre since 25-0. Hopefully Battle, Moyer and Chukwu usher in a return to our winning ways.

Last edited:
Those were the days where La Tech was a "good win" and a tourney team. St Francis was a solid team and "they'll probably win their league". Same crap about some garbage team that comes in here and plays us tough when we should throttle them by 25. You know, the games we used to beat legit conference teams by 3/4 years ago.
I'm not calling this a disaster, but there are some red flags that are concerning for our long term future.
We've had too many early departures to the NBA and too many busts for the guys who have remained behind.

The Sky Is Fallinggggg! What Do We Doooooo!!!!! We'll Never Be Good Again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

We've had too many early departures to the NBA and too many busts for the guys who have remained behind.

Early departures happen, no doubt. But out of all of our early departures, who would realistically be on this team who went to the NBA? Ennis would have been gone after last year, McCullough wasn't coming back, Grant was far too athletic to be here this year.

Either way you see it, the team we see on the court now is what everybody should have expected even looking back a year or two ago, including the coaching staff.

Early departures happen, no doubt. But out of all of our early departures, who would realistically be on this team who went to the NBA? Ennis would have been gone after last year, McCullough wasn't coming back, Grant was far too athletic to be here this year.

Either way you see it, the team we see on the court now is what everybody should have expected even looking back a year or two ago, including the coaching staff.
I think you are missing the point. There's been a big drop off in talent between our players they go early to the NBA and those that are left remaining. And, out of those remaining there have been too many busts.

Good times.

Thing is we never ever pull them out anymore. It's gotta even out at some point doesn't it?

I think you are missing the point. There's been a big drop off in talent between our players they go early to the NBA and those that are left remaining. And, out of those remaining there have been too many busts.

I get the point but I think you're missing mine. Who would be here that is in the NBA right now that we didn't forsee not being here? The only guy we knew that might be here that isn't here is McCullough from this team and even before he signed we knew he was gone. It was poor planning and recruiting, plain and simple.

Diange + loss of schollies + apparent miss on KJ = now

As far as what I've read from posters of knowledge around here, Diange was a long shot. Loss of schollies I get, but outside of Bryant everybody else was pretty much picked up already. It isn't just the miss of KJ, it's the miss of Buss, BJ, KJ, and Chino. I won't mention DC because it was so long ago but recruiting those 4 guys really put this team in a bad spot the this and last year. There is no excuse to miss on so many recruits in such a short time.

25-0 put all the focus on us and our freshman point guard. It made it possible for him to be 1 and done. That has had a lot to do with 31-26.

As far as what I've read from posters of knowledge around here, Diange was a long shot. Loss of schollies I get, but outside of Bryant everybody else was pretty much picked up already. It isn't just the miss of KJ, it's the miss of Buss, BJ, KJ, and Chino. I won't mention DC because it was so long ago but recruiting those 4 guys really put this team in a bad spot the this and last year. There is no excuse to miss on so many recruits in such a short time.

I hear ya but Buss & BJ were run off because of scholarships. Buss was decent depth, but shoulda (in a "perfect" world) been 3rd in line for mins at the 2 behind Cooney and Mal. With g needing to run point, BJ would have been a solid player in the rotation at 3, maybe even emerging as a starter in that role by the end of the season. No doubt that KJ and Chino are current misses. Would the staff had taken them if we knew what was going to happen with TE PhD jumping after 1 and the NCAAhole's ruling?

I do think they deserve the blame for not knowing exactly how long a shot Diange turned out to be, reading the Bryant recruitment correctly, failing to have an alternate contingngy plan for either/both, and for failing to bring in a real 1 over the last couple of cycles.

It's been a cluster the last two years. I'm not too sure what to think. I still have confidence in the staff, I'm just not used to losing this many games in the conference especially. It stinks.

Don't go all mathy on me now. Well, okay, I'll try to keep up...

Another 'Cuse loss + Drink to many 16oz Coors Lgt Bowling Ball beers + Read too many pessimistic posts on this board + Eat left over pizza while doing all of this = I'm sure it will all turn out okay in the morning until my little one's wake me up in 5 hours. REPEAT

This all needs to stop... the losing part that is!

Like Bill Parcells said, we are what our record says we are. We have been nothing but mediocre since 25-0. Hopefully Battle, Moyer and Chukwu usher in a return to our winning ways.

Hopefully none of the underclassmen have ideas on leaving early, we could actually use a break when it comes to early entry.

Hopefully none of the underclassmen have ideas on leaving early, we could actually use a break when it comes to early entry.
Malachi, Lydon and Battle could potentially go in 2017.

Mal looks to be the most talented at the moment. He's starting to remind me of James Harden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom