4/4 Spring Game on ESPN3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4/4 Spring Game on ESPN3

I love the dome. Food typically sucks around where my seats are, at least there are some real beer options now. But as far as watching a game and seeing everything, it's great.
Agreed

I was kinda hoping theyd move this to Coyne Field/ or of the outdoor fields or the new indoor practice arena.

They make such a big deal of spring games now, and I feel like looking at an empty dome is disappointing for both the players and recruits. They've been trying to boost attendance for years, but we still only get 5,000 in a 50,000 stadium. I've come into town the last 3 years or so and its disappointing.

Better to have a small venue that feels full. I have to imagine being "televised" eliminates that possibility
no wants to sit outside when it will be in the 30's

So locally, does this mean it will be on one of TW's channels in the 200's?

So locally, does this mean it will be on one of TW's channels in the 200's?

If you live in Syracuse, the game is listed on TW 19 / 323.

If you don't live in Syracuse, you'll have to consult your own program guide. ;)

no wants to sit outside when it will be in the 30's

To this point -- We have it at the Dome because of the select a seat event primarily. Also a big day for renewals. This is why fan fest in August is more of a personal experience

They also picked up the game in NYC if you have Time Warner (same channel 323 as Syracuse). That channel has been a Godsend for us this season for lacrosse too--has had most (if not all) of the games that weren't televised by ESPNU (and Albany game will be on here on Thurs nite as well).

Can it be called a spring game if there is no scoring and no time kept?

So... it's just an open practice?

Tend to think it would be a tad embarrassing to be the only major college program without a spring game.

Don't think it does us any good to go vanilla. We open with Rhode Island, and I don't think we need to fool them. By the time we get more serious, I think Wake Forest and LSU will have a pretty good idea of what type of offense we're trying to run.

This might be a different story if the start to our season was tougher.

Tend to think it would be a tad embarrassing to be the only major college program without a spring game.

Don't think it does us any good to go vanilla. We open with Rhode Island, and I don't think we need to fool them. By the time we get more serious, I think Wake Forest and LSU will have a pretty good idea of what type of offense we're trying to run.

BC cancelled their spring game this year, and maybe they had the right idea. This isn't a big deal for many people here, but it's another step backwards in terms of getting the "buzz" for casual fans. It's also really poor PR to wait until the week prior to tell people what you are doing instead of being up front from the beginning. It wasn't a last minute decision not to have a "scrimmage".

If it's just going to be a practice, then really go all out to make it like FanFest with more activities for kids during the practice, special raffles to those in attendance, and more opportunities to meet other sports.

We aren't the only ones that have a scrimmage rather than an actual game. UNC is having two scrimmages. One on campus and I believe the second in Charlotte.

BC cancelled their spring game this year, and maybe they had the right idea. This isn't a big deal for many people here, but it's another step backwards in terms of getting the "buzz" for casual fans. It's also really poor PR to wait until the week prior to tell people what you are doing instead of being up front from the beginning. It wasn't a last minute decision not to have a "scrimmage".

If it's just going to be a practice, then really go all out to make it like FanFest with more activities for kids during the practice, special raffles to those in attendance, and more opportunities to meet other sports.

We draw 5000 to our spring game, BC draws nowhere near that.

cuseguy said:
Tend to think it would be a tad embarrassing to be the only major college program without a spring game. Don't think it does us any good to go vanilla. We open with Rhode Island, and I don't think we need to fool them. By the time we get more serious, I think Wake Forest and LSU will have a pretty good idea of what type of offense we're trying to run. This might be a different story if the start to our season was tougher.
Texas am doesn't do one anymore I believe there's more than U think that do this

Texas am doesn't do one anymore I believe there's more than U think that do this
aTm couldn't have one last year nor this year due to the ongoing major renovation of their stadium. They don't have another large facility on campus to host the event and the nearest facility that could host it is over 30 miles from campus which leads to NCAA recruiting issues. aTm had to get an SEC waiver to allow them to drop the game for 2 years.

Moontan said:
aTm couldn't have one last year nor this year due to the ongoing major renovation of their stadium. They don't have another large facility on campus to host the event and the nearest facility that could host it is over 30 miles from campus which leads to NCAA recruiting issues. aTm had to get an SEC waiver to allow them to drop the game for 2 years.
okay guess saw unc and duke didn't have one, lots of teams just hosting these types of "practices"

Probably going to sit this one out. If it's just a practice I would rather watch at home. Too bad because I was going to scope out new seats.

I think I've seen this format before..

redditis-meme-generator-the-game-where-everything-is-made-up-and-the-points-don-t-matter-cb221f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom