4 more wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4 more wins

As of right now IMO...

Purdue toss up
UVA should be a W (they aren't good)
Wagner really should be a W
NC State toss up (we have too weeks to prep with a real staff)
Clemson toss up (they have no O and lost their DC)
ND probably should be a W (their O and QBs are god awful)
Pitt toss up
FSU toss up? (hard to gage them thus far)
Wake toss up
BC should be W (they stink)

So that is 6 Ws with 6 toss ups. Going 2-4 in the toss ups when 3 are at home is the minimum expectation. So 8-4 here we come.
I said this same thing a month ago … the only difference is I expected ND to be far tougher. The other 11 I had as toss up or winnable … I was perplexed at why folks gave so much credence to some of these ACC teams and inflating our SOS.

Sti

You still don't believe in this team?
No, I’m simply saying where are the 4 games we should bank on winning. I’d rather be 8-4 than 6-6 but let’s be honest the difference between the Frosted Flakes bowl and the Fenway bowl is small. Let’s find 6 wins and then add the gravy.

I said this same thing a month ago … the only difference is I expected ND to be far tougher. The other 11 I had as toss up or winnable … I was perplexed at why folks gave so much credence to some of these ACC teams and inflating our SOS.

So far, barring Ohio State being overrated, the ND secondary looks stout. That said, their offense is a mess and they dont defend the run very well. None of their QB options look good at all and the run game is anemic. I'm surprised Ohio State didn't wax them by more which has me a little skeptical of the Buckeyes as well ( game 1 can always be deceiving). They could very well come into our matchup with them at 2-5.

So far, barring Ohio State being overrated, the ND secondary looks stout. That said, their offense is a mess and they dont defend the run very well. None of their QB options look good at all and the run game is anemic. I'm surprised Ohio State didn't wax them by more which has me a little skeptical of the Buckeyes as well ( game 1 can always be deceiving). They could very well come into our matchup with them at 2-5.
The OSU vs ND game reminded me of last season when OSU lost to Oregon … they didn’t look like a top 5 club … but we all know how the rest of the season played out up until Michigan. They ended up slaughtering teams, they are a little short handed at wideout but we could see a repeat of 2021.

We might have 3 QBs better than the ND QBs. I can't believe how bad their QBs are. And they are like 5'9 and can't run either.

Speaking of secondary play - did UCONN have the worst secondary of recent memory? Wow bad. I did love the Rochester RB. Kid ran hard.

Speaking of secondary play - did UCONN have the worst secondary of recent memory? Wow bad. I did love the Rochester RB. Kid ran hard.
He stayed in the game after getting dinged up too. Really admire his toughness and ability.

We might have 3 QBs better than the ND QBs. I can't believe how bad their QBs are. And they are like 5'9 and can't run either.

A couple of the picks they threw I mean Marshall didn't have to work for it. Just threw it to them.

That is disappointing. Any metric that thinks Duke has an 81% chance of getting to a Bowl against their remaining schedule is not a good metric. They would need to win 75% of their toss ups which isn't realistic.

I like us to hold serve in the dome and each away game is going to be close.

Match-ups are paramount in every team sport. While coaching can mitigate certain bad match-ups and take advantage of good ones, it cannot overcome too many. Purdue is going to be a handful and I fear they may be tougher than ND, NCS or Clemson. Of course if Pitt`s QB is out, I would include them also.

Purdue`s passing game may be the best we will see all season and their defense is stout. If we fall behind early, we will be in big trouble.

I can see being 2-1 but beating UVA, BC and Wagner and looking for 1 more win against FSU, NCS, ND, Clemson, Pitt and Wake Forest. I don't know who we will beat but I like our chances against all of them. If I had to guess I'd say home games, NCS and FSU.

So, I won't be freaking out if we lose a close one to thr boilermakers.

Match-ups are paramount in every team sport. While coaching can mitigate certain bad match-ups and take advantage of good ones, it cannot overcome too many. Purdue is going to be a handful and I fear they may be tougher than ND, NCS or Clemson. Of course if Pitt`s QB is out, I would include them also.

Purdue`s passing game may be the best we will see all season and their defense is stout. If we fall behind early, we will be in big trouble.

I can see being 2-1 but beating UVA, BC and Wagner and looking for 1 more win against FSU, NCS, ND, Clemson, Pitt and Wake Forest. I don't know who we will beat but I like our chances against all of them. If I had to guess I'd say home games, NCS and FSU.

Purdue will be tough as their QB is no joke and they have very good Jimmy’s and Joe’s too. It will be a tough game and glad we have them at home. I wanted us to be 4-1 after Wagner and we have a real chance to achieve that and maybe 5-0. We need to stay healthy though.

Their QB is excellent but not mobile and they don’t run the ball well. We have a formidable D, even without Stef. Their D took a big hit too with Jalen Graham out for 4 weeks, their best player on that side of the ball. Should be a good game

LSU won’t finish .500 … just had their best offensive weapon walk off the team. If it were a pelt it would be rat. Brian Kelly is going to set that program back a decade mark my words.

Wait! What? They hammer their opponent yesterday and a player walks off the team?

One game at a time guys ;-). Lets beat Purdue soundly.

Given that, this team has a chance to be better than 2018’s team.
This ^^^ One game at a time. Win that and move to the next. Its funny that some had us at best 3 to 4 wins and now 6 wins is a failure. Gotta love fandom. :rolleyes: I still believe we start 5/0 that said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom