40,769 attendance | Syracusefan.com

40,769 attendance

How was the crowd tonight? Engaged? Loud? Tough to gauge on TV.

I live 15 mins from the dome but couldn't attend tonight. I think we are turning a corner. People that only like Syracuse when they win are starting to show up. Its obvious if you live in the area. I really wish I could have gone tonight but I couldn't.

Baby steps.

We finally topped 40K. If we can win @ WF next week, I'd expect the Louisville game to be an even better crowd.

We're starting to win, and the bandwagon fans will start to pay attention now.

We're bowling... and we have a great chance to get to 8 or 9 wins!

It looked like some folks left in the third. Can anyone at the game confirm that the crowd starting thinning out?

Just getting home. Great crowd. Lots of kids I'm not used to seeing near my section. Crowd did thin out. 2 hour first half and 4 hour game.

I cant believe people who leave in a game like that but no problem with the crowd overall. The ones who stayed were into it big time.

Great atmosphere tonite. The way it should be. Go Cuse!

It looked like some folks left in the third. Can anyone at the game confirm that the crowd starting thinning out?
You could see it on TV. Sad. Great game that wasn't decided till the last 2 minutes. The lower bowls were noticeably thinner.

The people next to my wife and our friends left at halftime.

Baby steps.

We finally topped 40K. If we can win @ WF next week, I'd expect the Louisville game to be an even better crowd.

We're starting to win, and the bandwagon fans will start to pay attention now.

We're bowling... and we have a great chance to get to 8 or 9 wins!
We topped 40K against a team without a name. NCSU isn't exactly Miami (back in the day). And, yes, they were ranked, but barely. It's not like it's a top 10 team, where people will show up due to the ranking.

My point isn't to diminish NCSU. It's to say that a lot of those fans are SU pull.

Two people next to us showed up in the second quarter and then were gone at halftime. Maybe they moved to different seats but guessing not

How was the crowd tonight? Engaged? Loud? Tough to gauge on TV.
VERY ENGAGED. Very loud! The Dome was electric in the 1st quarter. So much fun. 2nd quarter bit of a downer. People began leaving at the half and then began trickling out for the rest of the game. I will NEVER understand these people. The folks who stayed were super energized. It was truly one of the funnest games I’ve seen at the Dome.

On TV there was all kinds of space in the lower bowl around midfield. It filled in a little during the 1st quarter but not completely. Those are season ticket holders, right?

I was there. It was not a good crowd. Not sure where the 40k number came from, but the crowd was not more than 30k in the seats.

It was loud as hell though at times. Always amazing to hear how much the diehards can get that place rocking when they need to. Late 4th qtr was deafening.

Looked good on TV NC St isn't a big name opponent.

LVille is bad but I think we get the same amount for that game assuming we beat Wake.

It is a shame that the ACC TV contract isn't conducive to Saturday night games. Who knows when the next one will be and we aren't scheduling opponents that move tickets based on their name OOC. Cancelling that Wisconsin series sucks.

Do we have any control over the Maryland start time next year since its OOC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom