44 IS RESTORED | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

44 IS RESTORED

True.

But they're finally doing something right, creating the 44 Plaza and unretiring the number to use as a recruiting tool.

Should have done this years ago.

Oh, I agree. I just didn't realize there were players who wore the number in between the legends. Some people here who were pro-retirement argued that a reason to do it was because no one since then honored the number. Turns out there were players not honoring the number smack dab n the middle of it's legend-building.

Admittedly I'm not particularly bright, but I never knew that there were players who wore #44 in between Brown and Davis, and Davis and Little.

http://cuse.com/news/2015/5/19/FB_0519150447.aspx?path=football

Kind of makes all the handwringing some expressed about "dishonoring" the number even more ridiculous. #44 has always ping-ponged between being worn by legends and worn by "just another guy". The tradition was that it was in circulation.

Glad we're honoring that tradition.

and guys in between the two you mention like Rob Konrad who isn't a legend (unless we are handing out 44 to great swimming fullbacks) but is damn good.

And now please please let's not hand out 44 and have it appear as a really really elongated number with stripey things on it. I'm serious here.

and guys in between the two you mention like Rob Konrad who isn't a legend (unless we are handing out 44 to great swimming fullbacks) but is damn good.

If all the kids that get 44 from here on out turn out to be the level of Rob Konrad, Syracuse football will be just fine.

Konrad was one of the most underutilized players in the recent history of Syracuse football, in my opinion. I would have been perfectly OK if he touched the ball twice as much as he did during his career.

Loved Kyle McIntosh and Dee Brown, but Konrad was a special talent. Never understood why he didn't get the ball more during his first 3 years.

Sala

Okay, so when do they announce him as the new AD. C'mon SU. You let the guy announce two of the biggest additions this year related to the athletic department. Isn't it time to give him the permanent title?

And now please please let's not hand out 44 and have it appear as a really really elongated number with stripey things on it. I'm serious here.

Geez, you want your cake and to eat it too, don't you.

If all the kids that get 44 from here on out turn out to be the level of Rob Konrad, Syracuse football will be just fine.

Konrad was one of the most underutilized players in the recent history of Syracuse football, in my opinion. I would have been perfectly OK if he touched the ball twice as much as he did during his career.

Loved Kyle McIntosh and Dee Brown, but Konrad was a special talent. Never understood why he didn't get the ball more during his first 3 years.

He couldn't stay healthy was a big part of it.

RF2044 said:
About freaking time. Another of Gross's dopey decisions rescinded.

I tend to think Gross was behind the decision to have it restored.

But it was a bad decision to retire it.

HCSS gives a shout out to a "17 year old kid from the upcoming recruiting class"!

Admittedly I'm not particularly bright, but I never knew that there were players who wore #44 in between Brown and Davis, and Davis and Little.

http://cuse.com/news/2015/5/19/FB_0519150447.aspx?path=football

Kind of makes all the handwringing some expressed about "dishonoring" the number even more ridiculous. #44 has always ping-ponged between being worn by legends and worn by "just another guy". The tradition was that it was in circulation.

Glad we're honoring that tradition.

apples and oranges.

back then it was just a # being given out. the relevence, the importance of it...wasnt historical.

after that it was when it became a joke, because they didnt know what to do with it or how to use it.

it mightve been retired, it might not have been...it was just there.

look what happened after Little...

in 20 years it was worn for 3 seasons till Mac gave it out.

then P tried to bring it back and get it right.

they need to hand it out better, with greater purpose.

i dont think anyone here truly cares about the #...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom