44's returning, It's time to return the "ORANGEMEN" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

44's returning, It's time to return the "ORANGEMEN"

I'm all about tradition in college sports, and I certainly wouldn't mind if we added the "men" back to Orange, but it's not a front burner issue for me.

I've been much more pissed off about the retiring of #44 and the disappearance of orange in our uniforms.

I don't remember that longstanding "Let's go Orangemen" chant.

I'm all about tradition in college sports, and I certainly wouldn't mind if we added the "men" back to Orange, but it's not a front burner issue for me.

I've been much more pissed off about the retiring of #44 and the disappearance of orange in our uniforms.

I get what you are saying, but dammit I am down to 1 Orangemen item left and it's a heavy sweatshirt I need to rep. something on a hot summer day or in a packed dome in september

retro44 said:
I get what you are saying, but dammit I am down to 1 Orangemen item left and it's a heavy sweatshirt I need to rep. something on a hot summer day or in a packed dome in september

Search "Syracuse" on eBay and scroll away. If you don't find anything try again in a few days.

Adidas did, but now with the Nike move, "Lady Vols" is being scrapped for all women's teams except for basketball.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6173456

Tennessee women's teams have gone by the name "Lady Vols," short for Volunteers, since the 1970s. Last Monday, the school announced that "all sports other than women's basketball will compete under the name, 'Tennessee Volunteers,'" starting on July 1, 2015. This change is part of a campus branding transition as the school's athletic program switches its marketing manager and apparel provider from Adidas to Nike. Based on the results of a branding audit run by Nike, the decision was made to rename the majority of the women's sports teams.

The women's basketball team, however, will remain "Lady Vols" as an homage to Coach Pat Summitt. Summitt coached the basketball team for nearly forty years before retiring in 2012 for health reasons, and holds the record for the most all-time wins in NCAA basketball history for a coach of either a men's or women's team. In deference to her role in building the program, the women's basketball team will keep its original name.
Is the Tennessee AD related to Gross? The change sounds like something he would do. :eek:

I can still hear Doug Logan opening his broadcast by saying "The Syracuse Orangemen are on the air!"
All the male athletes of the Syracuse Orange are, by definition, Orangemen.
Cue the Caitlyn Jenner jokes.

SU68 said:
Is the Tennessee AD related to Gross? The change sounds like something he would do. :eek:

Jake was at the helm when we switched to Orange.

retro44 said:

There's ton of Orangemen gear out there. I saw some in the SU Bookstore in fact.

I just found this.....
33102orangemenus1.jpg
http://www.authenticstreetsigns.com/about-us/

retro44 said:
pictures......I just googled and found none
I just searched "vintage Syracuse" on eBay. Too many to choose from. They're all ugly by today's standards, but still...

retro44 said:
pictures...I just googled and found none

I don't know what to tell you. I saw several Orangemen t-shirts in the SU Bookstore at Schine a few months ago.

I don't know what to tell you. I saw several Orangemen t-shirts in the SU Bookstore at Schine a few months ago.

Would you like a ribbon. Or should everybody bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom