Class of 2015 - 5th year transfer candidates | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 5th year transfer candidates

Nah. They're at 10. It seems like that was plan as soon as the penalties were made known to the staff.

Durand Johnson of Pitt...sat out last year after averaging 8.8 points in 13-14.

6-6, 210.

now that we Wang Chukwu'd, shouldn't we be hunting hard for a couple of 1&dones?

Not if we get a reduction in scholarship losses. Makes sense if we don't get any back but we would have to wait until the appeal is resolved and I'm not sure if any potential transfers will still be out there. Can't hurt to at least talk to some kids tho I guess.

I stopped following who was out there & who signed a while ago, but there are a few candidates in this thread, plus there are others

I see absolutely no reason now not to try hard to pick up a veteran back up pg and another 6'8" at least banger down low with decent enough feet to play the zone and provide 5 more fouls when necessary

its not like we are going into the season with a perfect roster

I think grabbing a 5th year transfer makes sense ONLY IF we
1) DO NOT get a scholarship back AND Diagne IS eligible/counts for a scholarship
- we would then be at 11 players on scholarship, i.e over the limit and will be pushing back the beginning of scholarship reductions for another season.
- If that's the case, a big body would make sense to at least help lessen the load on the other bigs.

OR

2) DO get a scholarship back AND Diagne is NOT eligible/counts for a scholarship
- then we're at 10 scholarships with one available.
- If this is the case we would NEED a big body with DCII and Chino as the only guys able to play the 5.
(IF we get a scholarship back AND Diagne is eligible, we're at 11 and ready to rock)

I went over the list of transfers and if either of these situations plays out, I think a guy that would make a lot of (ehh...some?) sense is Olaleken Ajayi from Eastern Michigan. He is IN NO WAY a difference maker but:
-is still uncommitted (that's a start!)
- would be a one and done 5th year transfer
- is 6'11 250
- played at E Michigan under Rob Murphy and would have, at minimum, a working understanding of the Cuse zone (I think this is the most important factor)
-rebounds per/min at a solid rate

(only two years of stats listed, but he'll be a senior)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56436/olalekan-ajayi

Last edited:
I think grabbing a 5th year transfer makes sense ONLY IF we
1) DO NOT get a scholarship back AND Diagne IS eligible/counts for a scholarship
- we would then be at 11 players on scholarship, i.e over the limit and will be pushing back the beginning of scholarship reductions for another season.
- If that's the case, a big body would make sense to at least help lessen the load on the other bigs.

OR

2) DO get a scholarship back AND Diagne is NOT eligible/counts for a scholarship
- then we're at 10 scholarships with one available.
- If this is the case we would NEED a big body with DCII and Chino as the only guys able to play the 5.
(IF we get a scholarship back AND Diagne is eligible, we're at 11 and ready to rock)

I went over the list of transfers and if either of these situations plays out, I think a guy that would make a lot of (ehh...some?) sense is Olaleken Ajayi from Eastern Michigan. He is IN NO WAY a difference maker but:
-is still uncommitted (that's a start!)
- would be a one and done 5th year transfer
- is 6'11 250
- played at E Michigan under Rob Murphy and would have, at minimum, a working understanding of the Cuse zone (I think this is the most important factor)
-rebounds per/min at a solid rate

(only two years of stats listed, but he'll be a senior)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56436/olalekan-ajayi

Interesting find, Digger.

Short term rent-a-body to bolster depth at center -- a key position of need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom