a bit of a jump... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

a bit of a jump...

I actually meant he would 'not' be an exception because the staff has a pretty good hit rate with kids who work out for them. The Canadians come to mind as does Benson. Brown fits this profile.
Feel like a dork now as I realize you included them with "the Canadians"...my bad...

Honestly in regards to the 3 star guys, I think they basically just give anyone that commits to a P5 school 3 stars these days. I did a little project on their ratings a couple years ago after it seemed like our recruiting was getting better because the average rating was higher. Turned out that they just made like an extra 50 kids a year 3 stars as they evaluated more and more so that the average kid in the database was higher and higher. If you go look back at our older classes there are always a few 2 stars mixed in, now they don't really exist.

Case in point... Appears .8366 is the default "you've committed to Syracuse but we've never actually watched you" rating currently. Our bottom 3 rated recruits have that identical score currently and didn't have those ratings added until they committed to us. Recruiting services are lazy when it comes to our guys, we don't create enough clicks for them to pander.

Case in point... Appears .8366 is the default "you've committed to Syracuse but we've never actually watched you" rating currently. Our bottom 3 rated recruits have that identical score currently and didn't have those ratings added until they committed to us. Recruiting services are lazy when it comes to our guys, we don't create enough clicks for them to pander.
That's definitely how it works. I'm on the Syracuse and Michigan 247 boards and the Syracuse one has 1 person and maybe an update per day but usually not even that. Michigan board has 3 or 4 guys, a podcast and stories and recruit updates non-stop everyday.

That's definitely how it works. I'm on the Syracuse and Michigan 247 boards and the Syracuse one has 1 person and maybe an update per day but usually not even that. Michigan board has 3 or 4 guys, a podcast and stories and recruit updates non-stop everyday.
Anyone who doesn't think a stronger site presence doesn't help with ratings and gradings is crazy. Even if it doesn't influence them, at a minimum at a site like Rivals if you have 3-4 guys associated with working it, you can at least get in the analyst's ears about quickly assessing prospects and/or reassessing them. Squeaky wheel concept. If no one is doing that, based on the volume of prospects they have to review it isn't surprising that some teams don't get as much attention or follow-up.

Idk if this is our most “skilled” class so far under Babers. But I think this might be our most athletic class or at least up there, in quite some time. We have a few dudes already that could play on either side at the FBS level. Weirdly our two “lowest rated” recruits in Foster and Peterson, I think are the two with the most potential in this class. There’s 4-5 dudes in this class I think are going to be studs, on the other hand I think we have a couple reaches. But in terms of football players and athletic ability this class is up there with the Taj Harris class in my opinion which was the best recruiting class under Dino in my opinion

Im going to take the ranking discussion out of the Dom Foster thread…regarding the ranking drops. How can anyone explain it? I don’t see these kinds of random drops happening with other schools.

2 months ago Price was a 4 star kid and took some good visits and had the offers to back it and now he’s a low 3 star. this is why our class being ranked last in the conference is meaningless.

I'll say it again.

Star ratings for individual athletes? High risk of inaccuracy.

Evaluating recruiting classes by star rankings in the aggregate? Generally pretty directionally accurate.
I have been trying to say this for years. We quibble over each recruit as if each players matters, its about full classes over years that matter and with this view we are obviously trailing the ACC over our full team and depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom