A Dayton Player Passed Away | Syracusefan.com

A Dayton Player Passed Away

Crap. Terrible news. I have connections in the athletic department at UD through the sports ministry my staff team has... Hoping to serve in anyway they need:(

I remember reading up on him before the our game in the tourney and thinking he might be a wild card to give us problems. and he did actually give us some trouble. so sad.

Really a freak occurance in a D-1 athlete unless he showed any kind of symptoms like unusual shortness of breath maybe. Condolences to his family and everyone at Dayton.

Really a freak occurance in a D-1 athlete unless he showed any kind of symptoms like unusual shortness of breath maybe. Condolences to his family and everyone at Dayton.
I thought enlarged heart is not typically be that serious

Awful news. My thoughts are with his family, friends and the Dayton community tonight.

Awful, sad, and scary news. Are enlarged hearts usually detected easily?

Isn't this the same thing that caused Conrad McRae's death?

RIP.

Isn't this the same thing that caused Conrad McRae's death?

RIP.

Conrad had an arrhythmia which many times comes with enlarged hearts. This young man probably suffered the same .

Not to hijack the thread but found it interesting and great that Conrad's son, Jordan, plays for Binghamton right down Rte 81. What a great smile he has.
http://bubearcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1139&path=

Sudden cardiac death in young athletes is usually from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It's what killed Hank Gathers

It's usually screened for though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom