A few thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A few thoughts

If SU isn’t going to fire Babers over 4wins-4wins-10 wins-and then this year’s nonsense, there is no way they fire Jim Boeheim this year. It’s fine for fans to get fainting spells over but it’s laughable to even consider.

Yes, fire assistants. Bring on board someone who can recruit for the ACC and not the Patriot League. We'll see if he puts up with that or just decides to say "F it, I'm done." SU basketball generates 30-plus million a year for the AD. Attendance dips, no postseason, etc. can cripple the finances of the entire department.
JB is likely gone when Buddy graduates. What good is forcing an assistant on him? He’s clearly been uncomfortable working with anyone that he doesn’t have an extensive relationship with for a while. This hotshot recruiter knows he’s likely toast when JB retires. And unless this guy has a couple 5 star kids ready to follow him to SU, by the time the pipeline was established they’d all be out the door.

Guerrier and Braswell at the two. Washington/Goodine at the one only. Girard needs to rest for 4-5 minute stretches (more than buddy) and come in with Guerrier and Bras at the two for run outs. The press is not working.

Guards had 9 points with 4 minutes to go in the game. In our 4 losses they are averaging 25%.

Goodine picks the ball up to early, and Washington is the better shooter right now.

Last edited:
No inside info here but I have a feeling JB is going to step down before the year is over or he is going to announce during the year that this is his last year.

If SU isn’t going to fire Babers over 4wins-4wins-10 wins-and then this year’s nonsense, there is no way they fire Jim Boeheim this year. It’s fine for fans to get fainting spells over but it’s laughable to even consider.

I think that’s apples to oranges (Dino’s situation to JB’s) but agree that JB is not getting fired. Ever. 2 more years after this, he’ll retire when Buddy graduates.

Everyone is just going to have to deal with it and hope we get better along the way. This is just some really bad basketball right now.

Eh, I don’t see it happening. And besides, what changes? Fire assistants? To what end?
Exactly. No good ass't will leave where ever they are and come here. Would you? Plus, it isn't ass'ts. The program is just stale. It needs a fresh bolt of life. And that can only come from the Head Coach. Hop can turn this around. There are others that can as well. It doesn't have to take long.

Buddy and Joe are pressing so hard right now. Goodine and Washington have to play more. They simply have to, just to let these guys watch the action a bit, and not get too down on themselves that it does lasting damage.

I've been saying this for awhile. But Washington did himself no favors tonight...as one of his biggest supporters, I'm sorry to say he played badly.

Guerrier and Braswell at the two. Washington/Goodine at the one only. Girard needs to rest for 4-5 minute stretches (more than buddy) and come in with Guerrier and Bras at the two for run outs. The press is not working.

Guards had 9 points with 4 minutes to go in the game. In our 4 losses they are averaging 25%.

Goodine picks the ball up to early, and Washington is the better shooter right now.
Lol. Your kidding right. I’m all for change after the last three games but I got a better chance at the two than either of those guys

We have no backup 2 or center. And Guerrier has enough on his plate because Dolezaj has to spell the 5. Goodine and Washington are backup points, and buddy at the two with them on the floor is a must. If anything its good practice for next year.

Last edited:
JB is likely gone when Buddy graduates. What good is forcing an assistant on him? He’s clearly been uncomfortable working with anyone that he doesn’t have an extensive relationship with for a while. This hotshot recruiter knows he’s likely toast when JB retires. And unless this guy has a couple 5 star kids ready to follow him to SU, by the time the pipeline was established they’d all be out the door.

Boeheim is not getting fired but if he's not willing to step away, then there are things you can do to force his hand. Including hiring a HC-in-waiting from outside his circle a la WVU. Something has to be done to stanch the blood flow. We're not good and we're not getting good any time. This isn't Boeheim's program. He only coaches it.

Lol. Your kidding right. I’m all for change after the last three games but I got a better chance at the two than either of those guys
They can post up and drive better. Hughes will still be on the floor. They are the most athletic players on the team.

They can post up and drive better. Hughes will still be on the floor.
I haven’t seen either of these guys make a post up move ever. Plus there will be no floor spacing due to everyone on the floor being a forward. It’s just a horrendous idea. What I would like to see is bras and QG at the 3/4 together.

I don’t see the Board allowing JB to be forced out. If it didn’t happen after his SECOND major NCAA sanction in his tenure, it’s not going to happen because the team is bad.

Saddle up for 2 & 3/4ths more years of this.

Empty seats — and there will thousands of them — will force the issue and make it uncomfortable for JB and the school. But, yeah, JB isn’t stepping down. Get ready for at least two losing seasons before we’re a tourney team again. But don’t hold me to that.

Dino is trying to build something from scratch. JB is watching the foundation he built get swallowed into the earth...we’re just along for the ride until there are 9,000 diehards at home games.

I haven’t seen either of these guys make a post up move ever. Plus there will be no floor spacing due to everyone on the floor being a forward. It’s just a horrendous idea. What I would like to see is bras and QG at the 3/4 together.
Girard and Hughes is enough on the perimeter. Bras can go inside and out, And Guerrier spends half the time outside as well. Gives them a chance to look for the mismatch of our three bigs, and Dolezaj and Guerrier both made made a midrange shot today. Dolezaj also hit a 3. Not to mention gives us more fouls inside if Brass cheats back. And a better offensive rebounder. Our guard transition outside of Girard is 0. Hughes is better defensively at the 3 then the two, and better than Brass by a mile. We dont have the fouls to give to have all three of our bigs in the backline.

Last edited:
No inside info here but I have a feeling JB is going to step down before the year is over or he is going to announce during the year that this is his last year.
1575433581129.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom