A message to Sal Maneen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A message to Sal Maneen

The shows here have been very straight forward and encourage fans to discuss sports issues with them. It may be a "game" in the big cities but not here. That's why I like local programming. And I've been cut off many times before when I it was clear they we trying to move the show along. It never bothered me. The difference here was that he totally misrepresented what i had said after he'd cut me off and I had no chance to respond.

With all due respect, so what?

You called twice, and sent out a 700 word letter. You seem to be letting some talk radio hack occupy rent free space in your head.

Sal Maneen likely doesn't know (or care) who you are and hasnt thought about shutting you down since .001 second after he did.

Not worth it.

They need to change what they are doing quick on that station. They are basically 620 all over again. They have the old guys in the morning and axe at night. The steves at least brought some life to local sports talk. Infanti is alright but he needs to be teamed with someone better. Everyone else needs to go. Who is the program director there? Get some fresh blood on the radio.

SWC75 If it makes you feel any better, I've enjoyed your posts over the decade plus I've been on the board.

I couldn't pick out this radio guy in a lineup if my life depended on it. And I'm sure it will remain that way.

As an aside, have you ever thought about making a podcast series about the history of Cuse sports?

Anyway - I appreciate your posts and your contributions. Please don't let this show and these people get to you.

Cheers.

Sal probably hit the dump button on accident while shoving another doughnut in his fat face and trying to keep that squirrel on his head. I doubt there could be a more miserable excuse for a person on earth.

SwC, you know I love you but...I get the radio shows point.

You are trying to lay out conditions on being above .500 that don't even make sense. Like we have to go 10-3 nonconference- no, no we don't. And then you try and account for us to go 0-2 for the post season. Not exactly a stellar performance there.

I can understand his shutting you down. To continue this discussion you are in the negative-nancy realm. The radio show host didn't want to go there. I don't blame him (it's like I bet your positive sides get more likes than your negative sides).

I think the host is right, your topic stunk. I wouldn't want to hear that discussion.

SwC, you know I love you but...I get the radio shows point.

You are trying to lay out conditions on being above .500 that don't even make sense. Like we have to go 10-3 nonconference- no, no we don't. And then you try and account for us to go 0-2 for the post season. Not exactly a stellar performance there.

I can understand his shutting you down. To continue this discussion you are in the negative-nancy realm. The radio show host didn't want to go there. I don't blame him (it's like I bet your positive sides get more likes than your negative sides).

I think the host is right, your topic stunk. I wouldn't want to hear that discussion.

A) I think the streak is important. It unites generations of players, coaches and fans.

B) Off of what I've seen, I am not sure this team can extend the streak.

C) So I figured out what they have to do at a minimum to extend the streak and reported it so we cann all root for the team to achieve that goal at least. Hopefully they'll do that an more.

That doesn't make me a "negative Namcy" and there isn't a reason in the world to cut such a statement off- or to react to it by claiming that I was saying that "the sky is falling", that I was predicting a losing record and felt that the season might as well end right now.

I called into the Axeman's show later that afternoon, made the exactly same point and was allowed to finish and make clear what I was sating and Brent thought I had a good point and a legitimate concern.

Sal probably hit the dump button on accident while shoving another doughnut in his fat face and trying to keep that squirrel on his head. I doubt there could be a more miserable excuse for a person on earth.
I can think of a couple other guys on the air in the Syracuse market who might qualify...

SwC- while I like the streak too, the only point to it is SU would need to finish 17-16 for it to continue. When you start to qualify this with "we would need to go 10-3" nonconference, you are starting to go into details which aren't necessary (or true).
I can understand a radio show host not wanting to discuss this, it seems pessimistic.

Better topics, IMO, would be 1. Best 3pt shooting SU teams ever, 2. SU teams that took the most 3pt shots per game 3. The most dangerous low (?) seeded SU teams.

The funny thing I've noticed with Sal is that when things are going good, he plays the part of Devil's Advocate, doesn't act impressed, and is generally waiting for the other shoe to drop. When things aren't going so well, he becomes protective, defensive and a sunshine pumper.

In other words, he is probably a poster here.

SwC- while I like the streak too, the only point to it is SU would need to finish 17-16 for it to continue. When you start to qualify this with "we would need to go 10-3" nonconference, you are starting to go into details which aren't necessary (or true).
I can understand a radio show host not wanting to discuss this, it seems pessimistic.

Better topics, IMO, would be 1. Best 3pt shooting SU teams ever, 2. SU teams that took the most 3pt shots per game 3. The most dangerous low (?) seeded SU teams.

Going 10-3 is (a) likely and (b) would certainly help, since we would need even more ACC wins if we fall short of that. Sal would have had a better case for going off on me if I supposed that we were going to lose to Cornell, Montana State or Texas Southern.

"Positive" topics are not the only good ones.

Your name wouldn't be 'Sal', would it?

Last edited:
The shows here have been very straight forward and encourage fans to discuss sports issues with them. It may be a "game" in the big cities but not here. That's why I like local programming. And I've been cut off many times before when I it was clear they we trying to move the show along. It never bothered me. The difference here was that he totally misrepresented what i had said after he'd cut me off and I had no chance to respond.
Maybe he's copping a nefarious technique from Mike Francesa...one of the worst offenders at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom