Aaron Batten | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Batten

It says he committed to Kent State, but that would be sick if he switched.

I'm so confused. I like the kids tape - looks like he has huge, soft hands and can run. But don't we have two TEs already that we are very high on? (Thompson and Parris). Also, don't we have another coming in? (Provo)?

Unless this means Thompson's injury is what many on the board said it could be - or that Provo is having second thoughts now that the Baloney train has pulled out of the station?

I try not to get too amped up about recruits anymore (Joe Fields at QB kinda curbed my expectations of all incoming future recruits) and try to stay out of the fish and loaves portion of the team (although it is interesting). But the WRs/TEs that we are recruiting makes me curious to say the least.

I'm so confused. I like the kids tape - looks like he has huge, soft hands and can run. But don't we have two TEs already that we are very high on? (Thompson and Parris). Also, don't we have another coming in? (Provo)?

Unless this means Thompson's injury is what many on the board said it could be - or that Provo is having second thoughts now that the Baloney train has pulled out of the station?

I try not to get too amped up about recruits anymore (Joe Fields at QB kinda curbed my expectations of all incoming future recruits) and try to stay out of the fish and loaves portion of the team (although it is interesting). But the WRs/TEs that we are recruiting makes me curious to say the least.
Yeah, your comments about Thompson and Provo are the first things that crossed my mind.

TEs we have appear to be strictly TEs. Remember, Addazio is gone.

Maybe these recruits just have more to do with the type of O GMD is planning on running.

Former Miami wide receivers coach George McDonald is the new offensive coordinator at Syracuse and has discussed with Jones the type of scheme he plans on using.

“He’s talking about implementing some of the stuff I ran last year like the pistol, 4-wide, 5-wide, a couple tight ends. It will really be a little of everything,” Jones said.

You need a tight end in your offense and after Wales graduates we’ll have 2 on the roster. 3 if Provo signs next week. Do you think 2 or maybe 3 tight ends is all you need?

Ron Thompson missed last season because of an injury. Even if he comes back at 100% a couple of TE’s go down and then what?

The position is critically thin and you need 4 or 5 on the roster.

We're not accustomed to having depth. It's not a bad thing. Helps special teams tremendously. I can get used to this.

Kid looks pretty good/fluid. 6-4 220. Nice pick up at another position of need.

Rovals lists offers from: Duke, Connecticut, Kentucky, Minnesota, Temple, Bowling Green and Western Michigan. 3 star 5.5

Kid also looks like he'd make a fine pass rushing defensive end.

You need a tight end in your offense and after Wales graduates we’ll have 2 on the roster. 3 if Provo signs next week. Do you think 2 or maybe 3 tight ends is all you need?

Ron Thompson missed last season because of an injury. Even if he comes back at 100% a couple of TE’s go down and then what?

The position is critically thin and you need 4 or 5 on the roster.

As I said, I try to stay out of the guessing game as much as possible - as long as it makes sense with the current composition of our roster I'm more than fine with it.

I guess with Addazio leaving it makes much more sense to me. Hadn't thought of that.

Nice pick up... Its amazing how the list of offers of the kids we get today versus 4-5 years ago. Well done by former staff and current staff

Nice pick up... Its amazing how the list of offers of the kids we get today versus 4-5 years ago. Well done by former staff and current staff

Yeah, I'm glad we no longer need to worry about beating out Central Michigan, Akron and Delaware for kids.

As a Jets fan, I'd love to see our offense take shape ala New England with the two-headed monster of Gronk & Hernandez. If we get kids who play like those two, sign me up for 100 TEs. Players like that a big time match up problems.

Not for nothing but it makes me wonder. When he first came in (Max B.) he was perhaps one of our highest ranked prospects at the DE position. It looked like the kid was gonna be a beast...and then lil' by lil' just faded.

What happened,...'cause I thought he was gonna be a good one for us.?

Not for nothing but it makes me wonder. When he first came in (Max B.) he was perhaps one of our highest ranked prospects at the DE position. It looked like the kid was gonna be a beast...and then lil' by lil' just faded.

What happened,...'cause I thought he was gonna be a good one for us.?
He wasn't aggressive enough and wasn't as athletic as his tape made him look. Not sure if his offer list was completely accurate...

I thought he got suspended for the bowl game or somthing like that with AAM?