Aaron Batten | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Batten

FYI - Aaron Batten was a 1st Team All-State (Class 2A) Defensive End.

He's listed as DL on the All State team but he played DE.

FYI - Aaron Batten was a 1st Team All-State (Class 2A) Defensive End.

He's listed as DL on the All State team but he played DE.
Maybe we've lost Malik Brown?

Maybe we've lost Malik Brown?

No word yet on Malik visiting UT. I find it hard to believe he's going to flip without visiting. Fingers crossed.

Willie Taggart at USF has been pushing hard to. They've been overshadowed by Tennessee's push. The whole Tenny thing bugs me because it's not like its Phil Fulmer, it's Butch freaking Jones.

Tennessee = cream puff defense.

No word yet on Malik visiting UT. I find it hard to believe he's going to flip without visiting. Fingers crossed.

Willie Taggart at USF has been pushing hard to. They've been overshadowed by Tennessee's push. The whole Tenny thing bugs me because it's not like its Phil Fulmer, it's Butch freaking Jones.

Tennessee = cream puff defense.
As others have said, TE is a position of need so hopefully that's where he was recruited.

So if Max leaves that would leave us with: Wales, Parris, Thompson, Barrett and Batten.

As others have said, TE is a position of need so hopefully that's where he was recruited.

So if Max leaves that would leave us with: Wales, Parris, Thompson, Barrett and Batten.
and hopefully Tyler Provo

That's a pretty inexperienced, but potentially dynamic, TE depth chart

Yeah, I'm glad we no longer need to worry about beating out Central Michigan, Akron and Delaware for kids.

Just Kent St.

Weren't we in on Batten before he committed to Kent State? And are the other offers listed for real?

Don't know.

If you look at all the TE's we have on roster now they all weigh at least 250 I think with Whales being the lightest. I wonder if they brought this guy in to split him out more during 5 wide. I'm thinking like Finley the TE for the Packers or a Hernandez with Thompson being Gronk.

As for Provo, I think he truly is an H-back, as we have no scholarship h-backs on roster so I wouldn't just call him a TE I think he will also be Fullback for us too. And if we are going to be running some of the pistol we are going to need him there.

Could be a VERY Dynamic group, I think we are in for some exciting years of Cuse football.

Yeah, I'm glad we no longer need to worry about beating out Central Michigan, Akron and Delaware for kids.

Instead we are beating out Temple, Bowling Green and Western Michigan. :rolling:

Yeah, but we beat 'em, baby! Northern Illinois too! And we've got all of Western Michigan's coaches. Next stop: Ball State.

Weren't N.Illinois and Kent St. both in the top 25 this year? Not to mention the teams that are trying to poach are guys are Miami, Florida St., Tennesse, etc. Seems like the staff knows what they are doing.

For the sake of aiding their development as players and academic transition as students, hopefully the incoming players will be able to RS.

If you look at all the TE's we have on roster now they all weigh at least 250 I think with Whales being the lightest. I wonder if they brought this guy in to split him out more during 5 wide. I'm thinking like Finley the TE for the Packers or a Hernandez with Thompson being Gronk.

As for Provo, I think he truly is an H-back, as we have no scholarship h-backs on roster so I wouldn't just call him a TE I think he will also be Fullback for us too. And if we are going to be running some of the pistol we are going to need him there.

Could be a VERY Dynamic group, I think we are in for some exciting years of Cuse football.

There ya go:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...provo_could_be_used.html#incart_river_default

"When Coach McDonald came on at Syracuse, he was familiar with Aaron from his days with Miami," Sonneborn said. "Even though Miami was kind of recruiting that different style of tight end, really more of an in-line blocking tight end, he was intriguing because he is a big, tall kid that can run fast. When he got the job at Syracuse, (he said) they are going to be going in a different direction with multiple tight ends. Kind of along the line with what the Patriots have done."

"When Coach McDonald came on at Syracuse, he was familiar with Aaron from his days with Miami," Sonneborn said. "Even though Miami was kind of recruiting that different style of tight end, really more of an in-line blocking tight end, he was intriguing because he is a big, tall kid that can run fast. When he got the job at Syracuse, (he said) they are going to be going in a different direction with multiple tight ends. Kind of along the line with what the Patriots have done."

Jackpot! That is a big/fast target.

Yup, watching the NFL this season, they were so committed to the exploitation of defenses with big, fast TEs. As mentioned above, the NE Pats really set the standard in that regard. A CFB team that can develop a solid TE offense will have a lot to offer the NFL in the next few years.

11.11 in the 100...WOW!!! That maybe puts him a step-step & a half behind Laray if they ran it together. As a TE, that is defineately a match-up nightmare for whomever...LB or DB's...:noidea: