ACC Channel Delayed | Syracusefan.com

ACC Channel Delayed

Attachments

• image-2914490699.jpg
    image-2914490699.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 111
Not sure Swofford will pull a rabbit out of the hat here...ESPN is facing hardship for the first time...a delay sounds reasonable. It makes the Raycom bought games worth even less as each year goes on. The ACC should get $2M per team in the interim.

Woah, woah, woah. Not if Raycom, Hardees and Bojangles have anything to say about it.

Not sure Swofford will pull a rabbit out of the hat here...ESPN is facing hardship for the first time...a delay sounds reasonable. It makes the Raycom bought games worth even less as each year goes on. The ACC should get $2M per team in the interim.
Agreed, there was an interesting article the other day about how ESPN basically out smarted itself demand $6 per channel. It allowed the cable companies to create another tier of packages. Thus ESPN has lost 9mil subscribers. That coupled with the over paying of content has screwed them. It wouldn't shock me if the BTN got far less than it thinks it will because of this.

Needed to find a place to put this so that it would not 'cause a new thread. Recent comments on the ACCN--specifically ESPN wanting more time--is not necessarily negative nor may it even be correct. Sometimes one cannot say or indicate too much so you cleanse what you say/post. Read this first:

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-channel-delay-swofford-post.html

Over the past year I have indicated that we are in good shape for ACCN...I maintain the same position today. Be patient 'cause I still believe that ACCN is going to happen...in the near future.

If you have read my previous posts, there have been multiple pieces that needed to be part of the puzzle to pull this off:
  • Raycom and its rights to ACC games (moving forward and not a concern any longer)
  • Notre Dame and what happens with ACCN (moving forward and will be worked out soon--think prior to next football season
  • Drop off in cable subscribers--mentioned more than a year ago--but not that significant as ACC digital leads by a wide margin against all other conferences
  • --expect the ACCN to have at least one more major component than TV
  • ESPN forced to cut spending by Disney...somewhat unexpected but not going to stop the ACCN
Still hearing that this will happen and in order to keep spirits up; if it does not...if it does not happen by 2017 expect the $2 million more per team to be raised to $5 million or more...that is $5 million x 14 or $70 million a year until the ACCN is up and running--bet on it being on its way sooner than later as $70 million a year is a lot of dough.
So I ask for some patience...but good things come to those that wait--in this case not long at all.

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

Needed to find a place to put this so that it would not 'cause a new thread. Recent comments on the ACCN--specifically ESPN wanting more time--is not necessarily negative nor may it even be correct. Sometimes one cannot say or indicate too much so you cleanse what you say/post. Read this first:

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-channel-delay-swofford-post.html

Over the past year I have indicated that we are in good shape for ACCN...I maintain the same position today. Be patient 'cause I still believe that ACCN is going to happen...in the near future.

If you have read my previous posts, there have been multiple pieces that needed to be part of the puzzle to pull this off:
  • Raycom and its rights to ACC games (moving forward and not a concern any longer)
  • Notre Dame and what happens with ACCN (moving forward and will be worked out soon--think prior to next football season
  • Drop off in cable subscribers--mentioned more than a year ago--but not that significant as ACC digital leads by a wide margin against all other conferences
  • --expect the ACCN to have at least one more major component than TV
  • ESPN forced to cut spending by Disney...somewhat unexpected but not going to stop the ACCN
Still hearing that this will happen and in order to keep spirits up; if it does not...if it does not happen by 2017 expect the $2 million more per team to be raised to $5 million or more...that is $5 million x 14 or $70 million a year until the ACCN is up and running--bet on it being on its way sooner than later as $70 million a year is a lot of dough.
So I ask for some patience...but good things come to those that wait--in this case not long at all.

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

I hope you are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom