ACC / ESPN Deal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC / ESPN Deal

You're crazy. Just doing as told...

Seriously, saw this:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...d-espn-conference-switch-fsu-ad-randy-spetman

AD says FSU staying, adamant about not leaving. We all know this means nothing definitive, but I am gald someone at FSU is stating they are going nowhere. FSU is the school I am looking forward to the most in playing in conference, so, yeah, it is a selfish reason.

The problem I have with these folks saying they are not going anywhere is we heard the same thing from other schools like VT about the ACC. They are skilled at talking out of both sides of their mouths!

Time will tell. I am just ready to Adios of the BE and get this show on the road already.

Whats the ACC exit fee? 20 million? I'm sure teams are foaming at the mouth to pay that fee so they can make an extra 3 or 4 million a year half of which would be washed out on traveling expenses alone.

How many years in the Big 12 would it take to recoup the exit fee?

Whats the ACC exit fee? 20 million? I'm sure teams are foaming at the mouth to pay that fee so they can make an extra 3 or 4 million a year half of which would be washed out on traveling expenses alone.

How many years in the Big 12 would it take to recoup the exit fee?

FSU is doubtful to bolt but definitely not for this reason. Exit fee is 20 mil. Big 12 would most likely cover half. Bringing it to 10 mil. And the difference in money would be more like 10 mil a year. So...1 or 2 years. However, don't think they're going anywhere because FSU does actually value academics and being associated with ACC schools is important to their academic brand.

everytime i try to grasp why fsu and clemson would leave the ACC, everytime i try to think outside the box, the only conclusion i come to is that its as stupid and useless as the occupy wall st movement.
They should ask BC what it is like being a lonely outpost with an air gap between them and the rest of a conference.

They should ask BC what it is like being a lonely outpost with an air gap between them and the rest of a conference.

I hope it's not too bad because Syracuse is about to be in a similar situation...well I guess not that bad with Pitt around too.

I hope it's not too bad because Syracuse is about to be in a similar situation...well I guess not that bad with Pitt around too.
Similar... kinda. Until we joined, BC's closest trip was DC.

Won't be any worse for Syracuse than FSU...Maybe even a little better.
To get to their nearest road game, Seminole fans would have to drive through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and into Texas. Tallahassee to Austin is 870 miles. Syracuse to College Park, by contrast, is 364 miles. Chestnut Hill is 300 miles. Pitt is 360. Durham is 625. Clemson is 850.

To get to their nearest road game, Seminole fans would have to drive through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and into Texas. Tallahassee to Austin is 870 miles. Syracuse to College Park, by contrast, is 364 miles. Chestnut Hill is 300 miles. Pitt is 360. Durham is 625. Clemson is 850.

No I was talking FSU in the ACC. Similar situation travel wise to Syracuse in the ACC. Also don't know where I'm going with any of this. Certainly not trying to prove any point besides maybe...college athletics are crazy right now and who knows what will happen next.

No I was talking FSU in the ACC. Similar situation travel wise to Syracuse in the ACC. Also don't know where I'm going with any of this. Certainly not trying to prove any point besides maybe...college athletics are crazy right now and who knows what will happen next.
exactly.

you need to stop.

your beloved seminoles are going nowhere.

and i think even you see that this is ending very badly for you.

Oh Lord

The problem I have with these folks saying they are not going anywhere is we heard the same thing from other schools like VT about the ACC. They are skilled at talking out of both sides of their mouths!

Time will tell. I am just ready to Adios of the BE and get this show on the road already.

I'm with you. I actually worry more about the SEC and FSU getting together than FSU with the Big 12. Even more money, closer travel and better match-ups, even if they don't win a title.

Crossing my fingers and hoping they stay in the ACC.

I'm with you. I actually worry more about the SEC and FSU getting together than FSU with the Big 12. Even more money, closer travel and better match-ups, even if they don't win a title.

Crossing my fingers and hoping they stay in the ACC.
If the SEC calls we lose whomever they are after...not much to debate

exactly.

you need to stop.

your beloved seminoles are going nowhere.

and i think even you see that this is ending very badly for you.

Oh Lord

haha what are you talking about, man? What is ending badly for me.? It's summer and we're all looking forward to football season and looking for things to talk about. You need to chill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom