ACC / ESPN Deal | Syracusefan.com

ACC / ESPN Deal

That's a looong deal. Sounds good though. Wonder where the "beef" is. How much $$$$ is the deal?

"Per the extension, ESPN has the right to televise three Friday ACC football contests annually which will include a standing commitment from Boston College and Syracuse to each host one game as well as an afternoon or evening game on Thanksgiving Friday."

So if I'm reading this correctly we'll play 2 Friday ACC games a year, including an annual Thanksgiving Friday game with BC.

"Per the extension, ESPN has the right to televise three Friday ACC football contests annually which will include a standing commitment from Boston College and Syracuse to each host one game as well as an afternoon or evening game on Thanksgiving Friday."

So if I'm reading this correctly we'll play 2 Friday ACC games a year, including an annual Thanksgiving Friday game with BC.

that's the way i read it and the same for b.c. so some years we will have 2 Friday games and if they come in one of the 14 years we have a game in new jersey that leaves 3 Saturday home games, one which will be against a d2 or scrub team. looks like people got their Saturdays back. sucks.

that's the way i read it and the same for b.c. so some years we will have 2 Friday games and if they come in one of the 14 years we have a game in new jersey that leaves 3 Saturday home games, one which will be against a d2 or scrub team. looks like people got their Saturdays back. sucks.

Bees you can't rake leaves on Friday Evening

The way I read it SU/BC will be an annual Thanksgiving Friday game.

Don't need to, I can do it Saturdays now along with other things. Applefest here I come! ;)

And, he has all day Saturday to sulk after a Friday night loss. That way he's refreshed in time for The Gints on Sunday. ;)

Love the Friday games, perfect

Of course you do. And if they had said Sunday mornings or Tuesday afternoons your response would have been the same. An occasional Friday night game is cool. But don't act like college football isn't a Saturday thing.

17m/year
Link? I haven't seen any dollar figures quoted in a press release.
Wow ESPN owns the ACC lock stock and barrel.

for tv viewing purposes i like the annual friday thanks game.

for roadtrip purposes, this fn blows.

Oh Lord

That's a looong deal. Sounds good though. Wonder where the "beef" is. How much $$$$ is the deal?

No doubt... a really, really long deal. Maybe if ND comes in with another school that opens it all up again?

for tv viewing purposes i like the annual friday thanks game.

for roadtrip purposes, this fn blows.

Oh Lord

Plenty of trips to MetLife at least for us NYC-dwellers.

@Ourand_SBJ: Sources: ESPN's new ACC deal comes out to 15 years/$3.6 billion. $17M per school
So it includes all 3rd tier media rights, ESPN has title sponsorship rights to everything other than football (does that mean they can sell the rights to whoever they want and keep the cash?).

The ACC and ESPN are now more tightly aligned than ever.

$17 million. Will it be enough to keep everyone in the conference?

If Pitt and SU join the ACC in 2013 instead of 2014, the ACC gets a lot of extra money. At least $24 million, plus, I believe they are not giving Pitt and SU a full share of TV revenue right away...it gets phased in, so it will be even more. If the ACC was not pressuring these schools to leave a year early before, they will now.

No doubt... a really, really long deal. Maybe if ND comes in with another school that opens it all up again?

There better be an option to renegotiate if ND comes in. I can't imagine that was a concession on Swofford's part.

I read it as SU host one Friday vs. tba, BC host one Friday vs. tba and the Friday after Thanksgiving is reserved for a rivalry game.

There better be an option to renegotiate if ND comes in. I can't imagine that was a concession on Swofford's part.

Definitely. I did quite write what I was intending to imply... just that he knows more than anyone about future expansion options for the ACC, so that might be why he was willing to sign for that period of time.

I read it as SU host one Friday vs. tba, BC host one Friday vs. tba and the Friday after Thanksgiving is reserved for a rivalry game.

Same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom